FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2/19/08 DLC (Stone Temple Pilots, Weezer and Garbage)!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HUGSaLOT  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrewG wrote:
So...why did they mess with "El Scorcho"?

Well it's a cover song isn't it? I don't know what the lyrics were in the original song, but they probably had to change the lyrics to keep it a ESRB Teen rating. It's because of that you'll never see a lot of songs see the light of day in any music rhythm game. Like anything from Limp Bizcut. God I'd love to play "Break Stuff" but it won't happen. Yeah I saw it on "Frets on Fire" but it sucks!
MHSTenor09  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass videos I found...

El Scorcho: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABJV_j-UKtA
Sex Type Thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6NF_Ydtv-Q
and... I can't find a "Why Do You Love Me" bass video...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: wafflecopter05 PSN Name: wafflecopter05
youhas  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully wrote:
I don't mean to bitch about DLC, and I'll continue to happily buy it all, but when new songs become available, my list of "wants" are, in order of desire:

- some degree of challenge in at least one of the songs
- songs I like
- songs that are fun

Heh - I'd say that I have a similar top-three bullet-points as for "what I'd like to see in DLC", but my priorities are the other way around. First and foremost, I want songs that I know and love - "fun" songs if you can swing it, and challengingly fun songs would be ideal, sure, but songs I love is of primary importance. I have a big-ass soft spot for mid-'90s commerical alternarock, and would absolutely love to see more of it offered via DLC... even though I acknowledge that most of it does not make for the most challenging and invigorating gameplay. I mean, to pick a pair of wishlist songs at random, Offspring's "Self Esteem" and Everclear's "Santa Monica" - hell, I could probably play those on a real guitar on ten minutes' notice... but I'd be first in the stay-up-'til-the-wee-hours-to-download queue all the same.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
DYRE  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HUGSaLOT wrote:
Correct me if I'm mistaken (since I've not played ALL of the DLCs for RB) But it seems as if all of the DLC songs for RockBand do *NOT* have "big endings" like some of the stock songs that came with RB. Am I right?

Working Man has a Big Rock Ending, and I'm sure some other songs do, as well.
MHSTenor09  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youhas wrote:
Sully wrote:
I don't mean to bitch about DLC, and I'll continue to happily buy it all, but when new songs become available, my list of "wants" are, in order of desire:

- some degree of challenge in at least one of the songs
- songs I like
- songs that are fun

Heh - I'd say that I have a similar top-three bullet-points as for "what I'd like to see in DLC", but my priorities are the other way around. First and foremost, I want songs that I know and love - "fun" songs if you can swing it, and challengingly fun songs would be ideal, sure, but songs I love is of primary importance. I have a big-ass soft spot for mid-'90s commerical alternarock, and would absolutely love to see more of it offered via DLC... even though I acknowledge that most of it does not make for the most challenging and invigorating gameplay. I mean, to pick a pair of wishlist songs at random, Offspring's "Self Esteem" and Everclear's "Santa Monica" - hell, I could probably play those on a real guitar on ten minutes' notice... but I'd be first in the stay-up-'til-the-wee-hours-to-download queue all the same.

Do I hear... "The Kids Aren't Alright" perhaps?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: wafflecopter05 PSN Name: wafflecopter05
ac196nataku  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was mildly anticipating Sex Type Thing but it looks like its a joke. I've never heard of the Garbage song before but it looks like its EASILY the most fun to play. I've been sitting with 180 microsoft points for almost a month now and all the DLC has sucked since then. I think I'll just get the Garbage one so I can finally clear my slate. I wish I had bought Move Along before it got more expensive.

Edit: I DEFINITELY agree with Sully on his points for DLC. I want songs that are actually fun to play, not just fun to HEAR.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ac196nataku
majend  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BizCasFri wrote:
The Garbage song is kinda catchy, might pick that one up. But I still want an Interpol Pack!

i would do anything for an interpol pack, as well as an At The Drive-In pack
Npeaen  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass videos-
El Scorcho- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPCkzthZmXs
Sex Type Thing- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7ZyUNeR-bY
Why Do You Love Me- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36tpUpvYFOs

Localization Manager- MediaLocate
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Npeaen PSN Name: Npeaen
Cstyles  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HUGSaLOT wrote:
DrewG wrote:
So...why did they mess with "El Scorcho"?

Well it's a cover song isn't it? I don't know what the lyrics were in the original song, but they probably had to change the lyrics to keep it a ESRB Teen rating.

It doesn't sound like a cover, and it doesn't have the "As made famous by" tag either. I do notice the differences though. Maybe they had to use different takes because they couldn't get all of the ones used on the original master. There aren't any other swear words besides "Goddamn" which they clearly left in, and the rest of the lyrics aren't any different, they just sound like they're mixed and/or sung differently sometimes.

I've noticed similar things in 3's and 7's and Miss Murder on GHIII.
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just played Sex Type Thing and El Scorcho. Fun charts! Keep it up, Harmonix!
Set all the tax rates to 9.
N.T.F.  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh! El scorcho is.. different..
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N.T.F. wrote:
Ugh! El scorcho is.. different..

I've never heard the song before. I just bought it. How much different is this one compared to the original?
Set all the tax rates to 9.
jerridthomas79  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one here ('cept my bro, DarinThomas7) has any idea how much I love Garbage... had a long-time obsession that riddled 1996-1998, that still today, i can't shake.
Seeing Shirley Manson live twice was one of those 12-yr-old girl, OMG! experiences.

Since day one (Oct 2006) i have been wanted Garbage for GH, but since RB came out, and that is FAR more fun for me than GH (drums) - and Garbage is on it, and now, DLC... it's like Christmas, minus all the dumb family bullshit, and plus all the kick-ass toys like Transformers, Construx, and Airwolf sleeping bags!

- Darin, if you read this, you know i'm right.

And, if anyone else likes Garbage, Shirley's first band, Angelfish's first album is a must too - track 7!

Visit www.rockoutproductions.com to see what all the buzz is about
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Jerrid DOMN8R
CrackerRiley  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish they could have picked a better Weezer song.. but it's Weezer so I'll be getting it no matter what.
I like the addition of the videos in the OP, JC.
sushi111  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They didnt mess with El Scorcho besides the lame new solo.

The lyircs and vocal part is exactly the same but you must know that like every member of Weezer sings during that song and they stuck you with River's part.

That being said the song was alot of fun on all instruments in my opinion, if not because its such a great song as it is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: