FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pro Guitar: Outer Space on Medium is way too hard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mninp  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:13 am    Post subject: Pro Guitar: Outer Space on Medium is way too hard Reply with quote

I recently purchased a pro guitar as I thought it would be cool and different enough fom Rocksmith and the regular rock band guitar. Honestly, I'm having a blast with it. My only concern is the layout of the highway...why they couldn't put the other numbers on the notes when doing chords is a mystery to me, instead you have to memorize shapes. Sure, but it certainly doesn't make it easier. It's hard enough adjusting to this highway after playing rocksmith for a couple years.

Anyway, I have a ton of DLC songs, and a good amount of them are pro guitar compatible. Instead of going through every song I decided to make myself a balanced tier list in the vain of rock band 1 using a combination of songs I like, and making sure the difficulty is spread out evenly. I made it through all of Easy on both guitar and bass, making sure I went back and 5 starred everything I missed. 5 Starring on easy pro is terrible since each song only has like 100 notes tops, so you really can't mess up more than once. As of right now the only song I haven't 5 starred on Easy guitar is TTFAF, but I'm close. I have everything 5 starred on pro bass easy. I started Medium on pro bass first and I'm mostly 4 starring stuff, but I'm on the last (9th) tier. I haven't failed a song yet. Medium pro guitar, however, is a different story. I'm currently on tier 5, but I'm struggling to make it through most of the songs. Occasionally I'll get a 4 star here and there.

Ironically, the hardest song so far for me has been Outer Space. I have Outer Space in the second tier, since its an apprentice song. Well, this song is ridiculous. Why is this chart so much harder than it needs to be. It's far harder than everything around it. I tried the first couple songs on hard, and Outer Space on Medium is far harder than those. Like, I can't even play it. I feel completely useless in this song. I only passed through using overdrive. I'm trying to go back and 5 Star the earlier songs on Medium before moving on some more, but I can't get past 2 stars on this one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
mazegeek999PSN  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn on "chord numbering" in the overshell menu so you don't have to memorize the shapes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: