FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Song list found in DLC files
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
franciss  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daughter?!? OMG I hope that list is true, I don't care about Avril Lavigne

Prayer of the Refugee, that's cool. If we're getting some GH3 bonus songs, In Love by Scouts of St Sebastian would be really cool
BizCasFri  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duce1621 wrote:
lol, you had excellent points right up until the last one. Calling BS on a release just because you don't think that artist deserves that much coverage is a bit off. This logic would have made sure the Pixies NEVER existed in RB...yet we have Doolittle.

So being a band that is frequently sourced by almost all music critics and historians as the fore-fathers of alt-rock, whose influences can be heard in many different genres today doesn't make you deserving to be a game that chronicles the evolution of rock and roll over the years?

Kay.

By your logic half of RB2s setlist would never been in the game.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HERE I GO AGAIN ON MAH OWN!!
(jugga-JAH-jugga-JAH-jugga)
GOIN' DOWN THE ONLY ROAD I'VE EVER KNOOOO-OOOWN!!

BathTub  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but the list is still just a list pulled out of someone's butt for the moment.
xdentalwarx  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BizCasFri wrote:
Duce1621 wrote:
lol, you had excellent points right up until the last one. Calling BS on a release just because you don't think that artist deserves that much coverage is a bit off. This logic would have made sure the Pixies NEVER existed in RB...yet we have Doolittle.

So being a band that is frequently sourced by almost all music critics and historians as the fore-fathers of alt-rock, whose influences can be heard in many different genres today doesn't make you deserving to be a game that chronicles the evolution of rock and roll over the years?

Kay.

It's a good thing you read the post that Duce was replying to, in order to establish some context. Duce was saying that the great majority of RB players either didn't know the Pixies, or disliked them. I know the former was true for me, and I knew most of the bands on the RB disc.

Why don't you pull your head out of your ass for ONE, just ONE of your posts.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that makes them less significant how?

Text added as an edit added in a new post.

Last edited by BizCasFri on Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:36 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: UncleGummers
xdentalwarx  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, just go back and read the post that Duce was replying to. What he was saying that the great majority of RB players wouldn't give it significance through ignorance.

Much like yours.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see where you are coming from here, but what I was taking offence to was the little spin he put on it. All the Pixie bashing around here is wearing a little thin.

Honestly, though. There are two things that determine what becomes DLC. The first being what the labels pay HMX to release. Tracks from new albums, etc. Examples of this were the Weezer pack, Scars on Broadway, and the Roadrunner pack. The other reason is what HMX wants. Songs that they seek the licensing of, instead of given. Those guys know rock and roll. They probably know more about the history of rock and its sub-genres than most of us here (including myself). They decide who is "worthy" or not, not us. We can make some educated guesses though.

The Avril 6 pack was likely the first reason, with HMX saying "Hell, might be fun."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BizCasFri wrote:
Duce1621 wrote:

Kay.

Wow...ya kinda missed the point there huh?

I was just saying any persons personal preference (even mine, while I showed a distaste for the Pixies) has no bearing on how many songs from any artist should be in game.

And yea, your way off base there, I respect what the Pixies did for pop music in general, I also respect what the Beatles did for rock and roll, but my respect doesn't mean that I have to like either band (and in fact, I don't).

So, maybe hold up on conclusions without knowing where someone actually stand eh?

Edit for posts after the one I quoted: I never once in my post said the Pixies were bad musicians, or made bad music (in this regard I kept my personal feelings out of my logical argument). Just as xdentalwarex was saying I was simply attempting to prove the guy I quoted wrong, in so much as, if it was up to personal choice of SHers the Pixies never would have been in game. I'm glad your a fan of the Pixies, but maybe tone back on that a bit when trying to post credibly.

GD:RB brought be back, RB3 will keep me

Bass FCs: RB 55/58, RB2 71/84, DLC 22/lol++(of over 300 DLC FCs only 22 scores were still posted...wtf!), AC/DC(X) 0/18, LRB(X) 18/45, GD:RB 10/43
Deimos  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to interrupt your musical opinion fight, but I think some people might care:

That song list is not, repeat NOT present in any of the spa.bin files from last week's DLC, I checked all five.

That means, unless some other sort of proof shows up, that list should be regarded as totally unfounded, and no more time should be wasted discussing it.
obsoleteshock  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I listened to Jagged Little Pill, The Joshua Tree and Number of the Beast today when driving between appointments at work and I was getting pretty excited. Damnit...
Duce1621  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deimos wrote:
Sorry to interrupt your musical opinion fight, but I think some people might care:

That song list is not, repeat NOT present in any of the spa.bin files from last week's DLC, I checked all five.

That means, unless some other sort of proof shows up, that list should be regarded as totally unfounded, and no more time should be wasted discussing it.

Thanks.

I can't say that I'm disappointed, I really dislike U2...Though that Alanis album would be sweet...

GD:RB brought be back, RB3 will keep me

Bass FCs: RB 55/58, RB2 71/84, DLC 22/lol++(of over 300 DLC FCs only 22 scores were still posted...wtf!), AC/DC(X) 0/18, LRB(X) 18/45, GD:RB 10/43
yamo5  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That setlist has 6 Avril Lavigne Songs...

It's Fake.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Shotkillakilla
foolosophy  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deimos wrote:

Thanks for checking Deimos.

I do hope though, that we get some U2 sometime this year.
bodom0015  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yamo5 wrote:
That setlist has 6 Avril Lavigne Songs...

It's Fake.

.... Why does that make it fake? I'm not personally an Avril FAN or anyting, but fuck... at least the list had a few songs thatI know for a change. I mean, how many Metallica songs do they have to release before they get some fresh bands in the game?

Deimos wrote:

Now, THIS may make it fake. But that doesn't mean it is 100% fake, it just means take the list worth a grain of salt.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 34 of 35

Jump to: