FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Drum Charts w/Overdrive Fills & DLC (TBRB, LRB, GDRB)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajanata  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still working fine for me. Must be on your end, or it was a temporary problem with the server (such things do happen from time to time -- not all of us are rich enough to afford an awesome server like scorehero has ).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is just too useful to let it sit on the second page like this.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
ajanata  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for first batch of DLC charts!

Code:
allthesmallthings.mid
andjusticeforall.mid
bangagong.mid
beethovensc.mid
blackened.mid
cantstandlosingyou.mid
collector.mid
dontlookbackinanger.mid
everfalleninlove.mid
fortunateson.mid
hardtohandle.mid
ifoughtthelaw.mid
lasttraintoclarksville.mid
liveforever.mid
marchofthepigs.mid
movealong.mid
perfectdrug.mid
ridethelightning.mid
rockawaybeach.mid
rockrebellion.mid
roxanne.mid
shake.mid
shockwave.mid
sprode.mid
synchronicity2.mid
thekill.mid
warpigs.mid
wonderwall.mid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be a potential issue for your optimizer. On songs with meter changes like Green Grass and High Tides, you still group sections in cut time (2/2) as if they were in common time (4/4). Because there are half the amount of beats per measure during those parts, overdrives actually last for twice the number of measures than usual. I don't know if this is something you were already aware of but in any case it would be convenient to see what meter the section is in when it changes.

Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overdrive duration is completely calculated in beats in Rock Band. The length of a measure doesn't actually have anything to do with it.

The only issue I forsee is figuring out what the two(?) rate change tempo cutoffs are.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajanata wrote:
Overdrive duration is completely calculated in beats in Rock Band. The length of a measure doesn't actually have anything to do with it.

I realize this. But there is nothing in your charts that indicate how many beats there are in a measure. So an optimization program (or a someone just looking at the charts) won't be able to figure out where the overdrive ends after an activation.

The example I found was in your Green Grass chart. During the "fast_part" how are you supposed to determine what the quarter note is...?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can somebody explain to a newb what the best way to read these charts are? I can see where the white notes are and where potential fills are.

But how do you read the chart to know where optimal overdrive would be? I know you want to save overdrive for the sections with the most notes. But how do you determine this info by just looking at the chart?

Are there any charts that actually say WHERE you should engage overdrive?

Also when someone refers to a chart in numbers (like 2/1/2) what does that mean?

I am pissed because I lost a tug of war to a 0 skill guy last night (he was good - probably just starting his ranking)... I hit 99% notes to his 98% and I hit twice as many notes in a row than he did. I know I lost because he used his overdrive better somehow. Song was Wanted Dead Or Alive on Hard difficulty.
ajanata  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omgChezMix wrote:
The example I found was in your Green Grass chart. During the "fast_part" how are you supposed to determine what the quarter note is...?

You have to look all the way up to measure 43 to find the last time signature change, which is 4/4. So obviously there are four beats per measure at that point in the song.

Without looking for a time signature change, you can tell where measures start because of the measure number. Beats are a fixed pixel width (25 I think?), and are marked with dark gray lines.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjPiLL: These charts don't tell you where you should activate, they only tell you where the overdrive phrases and possible points of activation are. The optimal path is for you to figure out. ;)

"2/1/2" means skip 2 fills then activate, skip 1 fill then activate, skip 2 fills then activate

ajanata: Ok I see the meter change. But this means that at measures 18 and 139 it should be labeled 2/2 and the BPM should not double.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*shrug* I'm just graphing the information exactly how it's stored in the game's data files. If the game treats is specially in some cases, which I do not believe to be the case, then I will have to worry about it. However, I think the only issue I really have to worry about for optimizing is that there seem to be three different usage rates depending on tempo (possibly only two but I think it's three).

Not that the game's representation of a given song may not make sense in actual musical notation.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omgChezMix wrote:
DjPiLL: These charts don't tell you where you should activate, they only tell you where the overdrive phrases and possible points of activation are. The optimal path is for you to figure out. ;)

"2/1/2" means skip 2 fills then activate, skip 1 fill then activate, skip 2 fills then activate

ajanata: Ok I see the meter change. But this means that at measures 18 and 139 it should be labeled 2/2 and the BPM should not double.

Ok one other question. Lets say you have your overdrive half full and you decide to activate. How long on the note chart does a half full overdrive last?

I see each "row" of notes seems to have four "quarters" of I guess eighth notes? Does a half full overdrive last for half a row?
DjPiLL  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other question. I see numbers at the end of every measure (a black number on top of a red number). What are these? Total points for each measure? Is the Black number a normal points and the red is points earned when doing a fill? I take it if you skip the fill you earn zero points?

ETA: Disregard this question. It explains at the top of his charts.

Yeah figuring out optimal OD is difficult. But not impossible if you know your math I guess. lol
ajanata  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A half bar of OD normally lasts for 16 beats (full bar 32). However, it seems at faster and slower tempos it lasts twice as long/half as long (32/8 beats). I'm not sure of the exact cutoffs for the change and will be looking into it in detail this weekend.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to throw TKAR in the mix. Most of the song is in 4/4, or so it says, but usually when that's the case OD lasts for 4 measures because that's 16 beats. Since it's been determined that 1/2 bar = 16 beats, then why does OD stop after 8 beats on TKAR?

I'll give you the exact findings of my own.

The first chance to activate is on measure 31 with a half a bar and you end on mesure 33. If it's in 4/4 it should last until measure 35 shouldn't it?

I don't know if the program is using the wrong beat or if this song is just fucked up in it's own right, but something's wrong.

BTW this is on medium, I haven't checked easy, hard or expert.

I may just be an idiot so sorry if this has been answered somewhere else.
ajanata  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

102 bpm may be under the cutoff for the shorter duration; I'm not sure what they actually are. It wouldn't surprise me if it is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: