FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Can't Pass "Green Grass and High Tides" on Expert
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SamusAranX  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Can't Pass "Green Grass and High Tides" on Expert Reply with quote

I can't get past the third solo (I think). I save my overdrive for the part where it repeats GRYYRG over and over again as one HO/PO sequence, but end up having no overdrive for the sequence where its RYBBYR in the same manner.

I hope you can tell what Im talking about. Please help me.
iagomonk  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try:

1) looking just below your post?
2) using search?

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1570
letthereberock  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and also, i just had to say this.

there are only 2 solos in Green Grass.

THERE ARE 10 TYPES OF PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD.

THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND BINARY, AND THOSE WHO DONT.
shadow6463  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't be so hard on him. Here's the obvious reason: you suck

But I would suggest replaying the whole career. That worked wonders for me in GH2
and practice, that worked wonders for me in passing hangar 18

http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/shadow6463
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: shadow6463
SamusAranX  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadow6463 wrote:
don't be so hard on him. Here's the obvious reason: you suck

But I would suggest replaying the whole career. That worked wonders for me in GH2
and practice, that worked wonders for me in passing hangar 18

Thanks for the witty remark.

As for replaying the whole career, it'd be pointless for me, as I've five starred every other song.
Ozznfruitloops  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i wouldnt go as far as to say play every song over, however it has some value. Playing other songs over because it adds to your skill. If you keep playing other songs, you'll maximize your skill. Once you return you'll be better.

But I think the problem lies with the very unique pattern. I call it the Freebird pattern, because its the first time i've seen it in a GH game, and is what essentially killed me in freebird. Any other time i failed after passing that, was strictly nerves.

Practice is the only thing that will beat GGaHT. No matter how you do it, its up to you. I hate practice mode, because frankly....its boring to me. lol. I only use it to learn new patterns. If you cant beat GGaHT, you will NOT be able to beat ride the lightning (as i can not). It SPAMS that pattern, and will make you move your position throughout the pattern, and make you add on your pinky. Its a beast...
5*Hard TTFAF:
Xpert Lou: -_-a
5*Xpert: None Yet
5*Xpert Bonus: None Yet
FINISH TTFAF Xpert: ::blows brains out::
Corhellion  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the strat, USE THE SOLO BUTTONS, they made me get through it on my 2nd attempt (failed at the same spot where you did.)

Although if you don't have the strat I suggest practice, alot, frequently, everyday. Until you can do that part in your sleep, then try it again.
5* Raining Blood [ ]
Beat TTFAF (12/22/07)[X]
5* TTFAF (HA!!!Ya right...) [ ]

GH2:
Get The Log... [ ]
Beat Jordan(Woot!)[X]
5* Jordan... [ ]
Ozznfruitloops  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it doesnt matte rif you have a strat or not on that part. If you cant play that part, using the solo buttons wont help. Infact, the solo buttons i've foudn to be harder. When you are off rhythm your meter goes down because your missing notes, AND because your overstrumming. So actually using the solo buttons inaccurately hurts you harder than if you just use the regular buttons
5*Hard TTFAF:
Xpert Lou: -_-a
5*Xpert: None Yet
5*Xpert Bonus: None Yet
FINISH TTFAF Xpert: ::blows brains out::
ac196nataku  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozznfruitloops wrote:
it doesnt matte rif you have a strat or not on that part. If you cant play that part, using the solo buttons wont help. Infact, the solo buttons i've foudn to be harder. When you are off rhythm your meter goes down because your missing notes, AND because your overstrumming. So actually using the solo buttons inaccurately hurts you harder than if you just use the regular buttons

I'd disagree with that. It takes far less coordination to try to just hit the buttons than to hit the buttons and press the strum bar in sync.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ac196nataku
ricecake  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the parts (and the similar ), I concentrate really hard on hitting the descending parts using the solo buttons, so I would play it like . If I hit those consistently, then I can survive even without using Overdrive.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricecake wrote:
For the parts (and the similar ), I concentrate really hard on hitting the descending parts using the solo buttons, so I would play it like . If I hit those consistently, then I can survive even without using Overdrive.

For thos part I use my index finger and slide it up and down the three fret's repeatedly. I think my problem on doing it the "normal" way is that I leave my fingers on higher notes too long for the pull offs. Doing this part with one finger eliminates that problem, but makes it considerably difficulty in a new way as well.
Arkageon  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the part I seem to fail on everytime now is the very very last part of the solo (and the entire song, ugh ). The part where it's a bunch of YBO hammerons repeatedly. I cannot for the life of me hit those propperly. The best I've done in practice is 70% randomly spamming the solo buttons, but I can't play the rest of the song on the strat (too used to the explorer), and i'd probably be overstrumming twice the notes I actually hit anyways.

Any advice for this besides practice practice practice?
.GH  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key is focusing really hard at the Orange notes at the end. Look where it crosses the line, and strum every 2nd or 3rd orange to keep pace. The problem is more than likely you're going too quick, that's always my problem, so just stare at where the Orange crosses and try and keep it accurate.

For the ziggies, I find that really rocking your hand works.
Arkageon  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... If I had full OD, do you think it's possible to pass the end just strumming all yellow, or all orange? You'd miss a ton, but it'd be full OD.

I absolutely can't seem to hit the ho's there.
shadoclone  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: sacra Reply with quote

нокадо кекопе
синимо кабиме
конебо лепапе

Last edited by shadoclone on Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: