FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Confused about Bass Groove

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squabman  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Confused about Bass Groove Reply with quote

I am confused about "bass groove".. I thought I heard someone saying that you only get it if you upstrum, but I just played bass for the first time in quickplay on "ride the lightning" and I got bass groove whenenver I had a decent streak of downstrumming or altstrumming.. am I confused?

edit: oops, meant upstrum
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter if you alt, down, or alt-strum. I'm not positive about how it actually activates though.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
InsaneAsylum  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you're in the 'Bass Groove' whenever you have a greater then 4x multiplier. You can see it when it's on by the blue aura that extends over the timing bar.

Now, I could be wrong, but from my (limited) experience playing bass I've only seen that aura when I've been at or over 4x.
nivlac  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Groove begins as you are playing when you hit your 5x multiplier. I think that's your 41st consecutive note.

Now, you may have heard someone talk about 'Flawless Groove' acheivement on the 360. That requires that you up-strum ONLY and get 100% on any song on Expert.

Hope that clears up your confusion.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nivlac wrote:
Bass Groove begins as you are playing when you hit your 5x multiplier. I think that's your 41st consecutive note.

Now, you may have heard someone talk about 'Flawless Groove' acheivement on the 360. That requires that you up-strum ONLY and get 100% on any song on Expert.

Hope that clears up your confusion.

Yes.. it does.. makes me kinda wish that there was some point multiplier that happened whenenveer you used upstrum.. That would add some more dimension to Bass.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: