FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DC - NoVA - MD Rockband night! Fridays!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huronblakhart  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: DC - NoVA - MD Rockband night! Fridays! Reply with quote

Woodbridge
14389 Potomac Festival Plaza
Woodbridge, VA 22193
T: 703 492 2950
F: 703 492 2960
Woodbridge@hardtimes.com

Come play Rock band at the Hard-Times Cafe in Woodbridge, VA near the Potomac Mills Shopping Center. Every Friday night from 9pm till 1something, RockBand and Guitar Hero series of games will played on a giant projection screen from an Xbox360, will all ages welcomed!(I will double check...)

Full band gear,(and you CAN bring your own equipment too!), and lots of songs for all games. Rock out with your own band or come join the fray with others solo artist in free form jam sessions of Rockband. Then later a GH tourny for cash and prizes will also take place in Hard and Med. ranges,(if enough expert players show up there will be a Exp. tourny as well),.

PLEASE, come out and rock along with us every friday night at the Hard-Times Cafe in Woodbridge,VA.

(*as an aside, the group thats doing this needs to prove how popular RB can be for the Cafes' business so they NEED people to come play so that we can have RB on its own night!)

Woodbridge
14389 Potomac Festival Plaza
Woodbridge, VA 22193
T: 703 492 2950
F: 703 492 2960
Woodbridge@hardtimes.com

"Think for yourself, Question Authority..."
-Timothy Leary
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: dikrodnum
Javman158  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't make it this weekend, but I'll be there for the next round. Hopefully rock band doesn't get taken off the list from a poor showing in it's first week.
Huronblakhart  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well thats cool man, if you know of anybody else that would be willing to come in let em know and maybe ill see you next week...

-Timothy Leary
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: dikrodnum
Javman158  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how was this last night?
Huronblakhart  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a lot of fun for the few songs i did drums on (I got there late).

Would like to see as many people put there next Fri if at all possible, to help drum up more interest so RB would get its own night!

-Timothy Leary
batsmak  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just double checking. This is 21+ only, right? Otherwise I may be there sometime.
Javman158  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

batsmak wrote:
just double checking. This is 21+ only, right? Otherwise I may be there sometime.

In the Get-Together thread he mentions it is 21+ after 9PM, so unfortunately it is.
Javman158  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Huron, how good/bad is the drum kit there? I could possibly bring my real pedal tomorrow night if you want, assuming it's a stock pedal, I'll want to get in some expert drums while I'm there, and also don't want to feel bad if it is the stock pedal and I break it

Should be two others with me as well, so hope to see you there!
Huronblakhart  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well ya know what, im not too sure about the pedal...but the set is good. i have drummed on it (on hard) and have had no problems. I would bring your pedal just in case but maybe leave it in the car till we find out what the deal is...

BTW, ill have on a red "Tool" band shirt so you can know who i am...

-Timothy Leary
Javman158  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huronblakhart wrote:
well ya know what, im not too sure about the pedal...but the set is good. i have drummed on it (on hard) and have had no problems. I would bring your pedal just in case but maybe leave it in the car till we find out what the deal is...

BTW, ill have on a red "Tool" band shirt so you can know who i am...

Alright, so here's how this thing went down:

First off, google maps sucks...horribly. The directions it gave us sent us to Betts St in some random housing development, which eventually at the end of the night on the way home we realized we were way on the other side of the Potomac Mall, not even close to where this place is. All the lights hated us, turning red on us as we approached and sometime neglecting to change for us. After some aimless driving and stopping at 3 (yes, 3) gas stations where we got different directions EVERY time, we finally make it out there. (On one instance wof direction getting, we were told to look for Opitz st, and the road we got told to follow placed right smack onto 95, so we had to turn around and get back to the woodbridge area). Add to everything the waitress we got seemed pretty pissed we were actually wanting food and not just going to the bar section, and our fries were 100% burnt to a crisp, both the appetizer cheese fries and the ones with our burgers. From the restaurant perspective, it wasn't a pleasant one.

Ok, time to play some rock band, even though we got there late at about 9:45. Well, not quite. GH3 was being played, and I saw no evidence rock band was ever there. the opening on the floor was not exactly large enough to handle all the peripherals anyway. They quickly moved to GH2 and shortly thereafter I signed the freeplay listing.

The setup was pretty good, it definitely takes some time to get used to playing on any different setup, and I can't really complain about lag too much, it was off just enough to mess me up for the first and only song I did, but still very playable (and by "off" I just mean different from my setup, the timing was a tad earlier than mine is setup to be)

Played one song with one of my roommates (Hangar 18 on expert), got a ridiculous wow response for crappy scores (mine was only 270k I think), and ended up leaving since we didn't really care too much anymore after the horrendousness of the journey.

Huron, if you were there, I'm sorry but I didn't see you. I only saw one red shirt, and it was a nike one.
Huronblakhart  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooowww...well im sorry that it was a bad night. They might not have done RB cause i was supposed to bring MY HDD...OR they did it later, after GH ( around midnight).

I didnt come out that night due to some family issues. The crowd (the regulars) there is really strange, they seem to be really stuck on GH2 for some reason. I have demanded that there be more GH3, but the reg's just start to complain...so i tried to get RB to be played more but the 'owners' just dont seem to be about making that happen.

Im going to try make it next Friday, so if you dont come down i understand. Ill try to make it to your get-together next month...

-Timothy Leary
Huronblakhart  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, just wanted people to know that this event is back on and has been changed to RB and GH night THROUGH-OUT the night. The GH tourny is now GH3 instead of two and there have been some good players playing in it.

I have been allowed to bring a HDD for RB ( RB is on the 360 ) and they still have one Fender and one Xplorer (with drums and Mic).

All of the GH games are on the ps2 still...

I should be there this Fri. so hope more people will come on thru (or back)...

-Timothy Leary
Vixenita  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I know it's a ways away, but I'm interning in DC over the summer... if it's still going on, I'll definitely come and check it out.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Vixenita
Mikos24  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, is this still going on?
And is there an age limit?
Noonea  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few buddies and I want to go as well, but we fear the 21+ age limit, I just need a confirmation on that
luck? how is there any luck at the game??

As in when you have those "posessed moments", when all of a sudden your fingers do what they're supposed to do and you have no idea why or how they did it.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: