FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DC Get-together - CURRENTLY POSTPONED!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Javman158  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: DC Get-together - CURRENTLY POSTPONED! Reply with quote

Note: Updated 07/16/08

UPDATE: I am sorry that I have to type this, but due to circumstances well beyond my control, I have several serious decisions to make about my future in the next month. I won't bore anyone with details, but let's just say I may be forced to pick up a second job. While this prospect lingers, I can not keep time open for this. Once things have turned around and I have my life stable again, I will try to work on making this happen.

I greatly apologize to all of you that have expressed interest in this. I feel like I have let you all down, and I hope you can forgive me and be able to express the same interest if/when I am able to give this another shot.

Please Read! - We seem to have hit what I had placed as my "cap" for number of participants! While this number can be swayed, I need your opinions! I am willing to post pictures/dimensions of my apartment to help decide if we could have more people over. Please also note I have only 1 rock band setup, though I could setup another one on a much smaller tv or use the other tv for GHIII or something similar. Please post and let me know what you think!

I will setup a "waitlist" for now for any additional interested parties, as many have not yet posted if they are definite/probable for the gathering.

To everyone interested in the DC area:

In July, I am considering hosting a get-together at my apartment in Fairfax, VA. Since there has been a severe lack of rock band events going on, I'd like to see if we could use this get-together to just rock out and have fun, any and all goofy ideas (such as voice changing masks for people to sing with) are welcome. So come out, have some food, some beers (or soda/juice for you youngsters), and have fun!

Here's the current status for Attendees, the cap is 20 people.

Code:
Possible Attendees    Available Weekends          Food/Drink Issues     
                   |    July   |   August  |  August |                         
 Name              |    26th   |    2nd    |   9th   |   21+  |Chip In For Food |
 Javman158         |           |           |         |    X   |        X        |
 Raunch99          |           |           |         |    X   |        X        |
 Huronblakheart    |           |           |         |    X   |        X        |
 batsmak           |           |           |         |    -   |                 |
 chibiperson       |           |           |         |    -   |                 |
 silverknight727   |           |           |         |    -   |        X        |
 Cyclone           |           |           |         |    -   |        X        |
 Smokyprogg        |           |           |         |    -   |        X        |
 sburymadness      |           |           |         |    -   |        X        |
 Celiz             |           |           |         |    ?   |                 |
 IBitePrettyHard   |           |           |         |    ?   |                 |
 de1337ed          |           |           |         |    -   |                 |
 Vixenita          |           |           |         |    -   |        X        |
 halterm           |           |           |         |    -   |        X        |
 Noonea            |           |           |         |    ?   |        X        |
 Gurnkiller        |           |           |         |    X   |        X        |
 CraZy             |           |           |         |    -   |        X        |
 emptyset          |           |           |         |    X   |        X        |
 jmuphysicsguy     |           |           |         |    X   |        X        |
 Pcowperthwaite    |           |           |         |        |                 |

Code:
Waitlist Attendees          Available Weekends            Food/Drink Issues     
                   |    July   |  August   |  August |        |                 |
 Name              |    26th   |    2nd    |   9th   |   21+  |Chip In For Food |
Progress24         |           |           |         |    X   |        X        |
sophrosyne         |           |           |         |        |                 |
blob               |           |           |         |        |                 |
evilgoat           |           |           |         |        |                 |
IWillKickU         |           |           |         |        |                 |
                   |           |           |         |        |                 |

Here's my skeletal framework of a plan:

Times: Probably try to start it around noon. Agenda includes free play, perhaps a rotating endless setlist, and if IBitePrettyHard/Gurnkiller comes, I'd like to get my tail whooped in some epic drum duels!

Cost: If people are willing to chip in money, I can go get mass food if people do not want to pay for the fast food.

# of Participants: 10-20 - There should be only 2 of us living in the current place once this happens. If I have moved before this, it will be a much larger place with 3 people living in it, so either way we should be good.

Equipment: I have a 52" Sharp LCD flat panel, 2 Les Pauls (returning one due to neck connectivity issues), and the entire rock band set. This is all set up to a small set of 5.1 surround sound speakers. All the equipment works pretty well I'd say.

Food: While I could conceivably get enough drinks for everyone, I could limit it to only that. Beer would be allowed for those of age, and I will try to get a case if there are enough of us coming, otherwise it's BYOB. Food availability nearby is pretty nice, we have most of the fast food chains just minutes away, dominos just down the road, as well as fair oaks and fair lakes mall about 15 minutes away for those in the sit down mood. If you're really hankering for quality dining, Texas De Brazil is amazingly good endless cuts of steak, lamb, pork, and other meats if you can afford the $25-%50 price tag

If there is anything else that you would like to suggest/discuss, feel free to post ideas. I am out of town this weekend though, so you won't see a reply from me until monday night.

Let's see if we can get this to work.

Last edited by Javman158 on Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:27 pm; edited 25 times in total
Huronblakhart  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey man, this sounds good...i will try to make it out when you get things more concrete. Also, there is the place that i have been "promoting" for awhile down in Woodbridge called Hard-Times Cafe(near Potomac Mills) that is doing Rock band as of Tonight (02/08/08). I am going to see how they have it set-up and will report back with how it was. It would be cool if some people came out to play just to make sure they do it more often.

but as for your get-together im sure i could come to that. Just keep all of us posted as to what is going on.

"Think for yourself, Question Authority..."
-Timothy Leary
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: dikrodnum
batsmak  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the sound of that. There are enough people in the NoVA region that We should get quite a bunch of people showing up. The timing would also help get more people (Cyclone could easily make it if it was spring break).

Anyway, count me in.
raunch99  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea man, I'd definately be down. I'm just a stones throw away in Arlington. We should get a NoVA/DC Endless setlist going at some point too.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, i made a post about the RB night in Woodbridge...maybe we can play there to meet one night before we try at someones house as im a bit leary about going to someones house that i meet/know from the internet, lol...

-Timothy Leary
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: dikrodnum
chibiperson  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i live in southern maryland so thats like a 1 and a half hour drive but it should be ok. Im only 14 though so i don't know if my mom would let me go but i'll see.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: chibiperson
Javman158  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huronblakhart wrote:
hey, i made a post about the RB night in Woodbridge...maybe we can play there to meet one night before we try at someones house as im a bit leary about going to someones house that i meet/know from the internet, lol...

I might try to get out there this Friday, and see if can't get my roommate to go too. I haven't played GH III in some time, but I will definitely enjoy the rock band. How's the drum set handle (aka what model, any known deficienies, etc)?

As for trying to make things a bit more concrete, what weekends would work best for all of you? I just knocked out the weekend of March 22nd for myself, and I know I will lose one more weekend, probably the second weekend March (7th - 9th).

I'm going to update the OP later with a list of who is interested along wth what weekends they are interested in so it is a lot clearer as to when this would work out.

Also, if you are capable of answering some of the other question out there (such as 21+, would you want to group together for food or be on your own, etc) please include that as well. The more info out there, the more concrete we can make this thing.
raunch99  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might try to make it down to woodbridge sometime - about 30 mins away for me, can't this weekend though. Maybe next weekend we could try to get a group together or something.

I should be free most weekends in March, don't have any specific plans at this time except for Easter weekend, which you already said is out. Might have a poker night on the 1st or the 8th...we haven't picked a specific day yet. I'll let you know.

I'm 26 and I've been known to enjoy a beer or two in my day, which I would happily bring along, though certainly not a big deal if you want to limit that in case there are underage people. As for food, I'm game for whatever. Chipping in and ordering some pizzas sounds like a good way to go.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited OP with some info. I think the chart should be fairly self-explanatory.
silverknight727  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds good. Quick question Jav, where exactly are you in Fairfax? Just a bit curious, because if you're familiar with the Chantilly Library, I'm pretty much right behind it.

Anywho, I'm good for anytime really. Saturdays are usually my "girlfriend" day, so if It's done there, I'll only be there for limited time. As for a tournament, I probably wont participate. I've had my fill of being competetive regarding video games. I'm just looking to have fun these days, and I think that by switching out some rock band members with randomized songs would be pretty awesome.

Basically, put me in for whenever, and I can maybe throw in for some food for put me down for that as well.
Cyclone  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have no idea when i will be home, if at all... spring break is 1st week of march

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silverknight727 wrote:
This sounds good. Quick question Jav, where exactly are you in Fairfax? Just a bit curious, because if you're familiar with the Chantilly Library, I'm pretty much right behind it.

You're pretty much on a straight line past where I work and live. I work at TEOCO, which is at the corner of Monument Dr and West Ox, and I live on Main St, specifically I am behind the office building where Bridges Billiards and Grill is located. It's basically right near the intersection of main st and Rt 123 Chain Bridge Rd.

I've updated the OP, but having only 3 people with available times makes it hard to pick a specific weekend. I'd also like to see more people getting wind of this.

I'd be perfectly fine with removing the test tournament idea if nobody is up for it. I actually like the idea of a DC endless setlist that was put out there, I haven't found anyone willing to give it a shot yet nearby.
Huronblakhart  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hers my info as far as this goes...Im 32, and i would chip in for food/drinks if need be. I will see if i can get one of my band mates to come with me (the singer). Im with silverknight727, im not really up for Comp/tourney...but i think (after a few meetings with other SH'ers) ill be up for Endless Setlist.

as far as what weekends, i unfortunately do not have a GF to worry about so im pretty much for any weekend...

-Timothy Leary
batsmak  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely, If I were to go, Cyclone would be taking me, so 1st week of march is best.
Javman158  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

batsmak wrote:
Most likely, If I were to go, Cyclone would be taking me, so 1st week of march is best.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to have it happen so soon. The third roommate likely won't be leaving til then, maybe mid-march, which means until then things are gonna be a bit out of the ordinary while we help him with packing, and also prepare to replace all the things he's taking with him (he brought most of our living room furniture, pots, pans, etc).

It's looking like this will have to be sometime after easter. On another note, however, we can all try to meet up at the event in Woodbridge sometime, so we can all at least meet each other. I plan to go this Friday, along with my second roommate. Hope to see some of you there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: