FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2/5/08 DLC (B-52's, Faith No More, and Kiss)!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: 2/5/08 DLC (B-52's, Faith No More, and Kiss)! Reply with quote

This week's DLC, now up for score-tracking:
Each song costs 160 Microsoft Points.

Starting this week I'm going to try to make these announcements more useful. Since it's a common trend for some of you to post videos up immediately after release for preview purposes (which is awesome!), I thought I'd edit links right into these DLC announcements to increase exposure and centralize the formerly scattered discussions. I'm starting with Npeaen's guitar videos for this new DLC, and I'll add links for other instruments as they become available (just post a link in the announcement if you'd like to contribute, and myself or a mod will check the video and update the OP).

The most important things to keep in mind for these videos are quality (to a limited extent, as long as the frame rate isn't really horrible), and audio-video sync. Skill level isn't really important, as the purpose is simply to preview the chart. If a linked video is really lacking in one of those areas (quality or sync), I'd be willing to replace the link with a better video later on. Otherwise, we'd just update this on a first-come-first-serve basis, crediting those contributing the preview videos.

Last edited by JCirri on Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
JRyder  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played a two-man band with my drumming roommate.

Thoughts:

We Care A Lot -- Guitar not so fun, kinda frustrating since most of it is boring except for random trills that will frustrate those trying to FC it. Drums also seemed rather boring from what I saw, lots of bass pedal and not much else. Vocals should be fun, even if the verses are going to be mostly talky parts, which I fear is the case.

Calling Dr. Love -- I agree with an earlier sentiment that the guitar is similar to Action, but I'll have to see if it'll grow on me like Action did. Don't remember what drums looked like, my roomie was getting frustrated with the quality of my set, though. Vocals seem...repetitive. Not sure about bass.

Roam -- Okay, this song can only be fun if people are into it. Drums looked consistent, not necessarily hard. Vocals are repetitive but that's to be expected. Bass sounded decent at best. But if you get four guys together with a shared appreciation for this, then you'd probably get something out of it.

Otherwise, it's hard to recommend this DLC even though I bought it all. These are just first impressions, of course, it's possible CDL and WCAL could need some getting used to. Not the strongest week for DLC, but I won't fault HMX for trying.
Eronamanthius  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to see more K.I.S.S. in there, and B-52s are a nice addition as well. I can't say I'm a fan of the Faith No More song, it seems like the vocals would get boring. The solo in Calling Dr. Love looks fun, not too hard, but tricky enough to challenge a skilled player.
AvoidTheNoid  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drum Vids - Courtesy of Jarr3tt88

Roam - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hixbUz0X3U

Calling Dr. Love - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghtx-tVtEpA

We Care A Lot - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y31cmoA-NmA

"Perhaps it was the Noid who should have avoided me!"
Mushy2008  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice week for us vocalist can't wait to pick these up

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mushy2008 PSN Name: Mushy2008 Wii Friend Code: 4798547854137468 ICQ Number
ThuDogFood  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that this week's DLC is out to get me embarrassed, lol...

Roam - I am split on this one. On one hand, I like a lot of the song, but on the other hand, there are some parts that get on my nerves, and I'm not sure which will win in the end. It'll probably embarrass me singing the high girl parts for an entire song....

Calling Doctor Love - I am even more split on this one. I like the instruments, they are simple, but catchy, yet the vocals are so campy and cheesy (usually something I can enjoy, but here it's a bit much). It'll probably embarrass me singing "They Call Me Dr. Love". I may come back for this one, but for now I'm gonna hold out, hoping for something better next week.

We Care A Lot - Only song I am definitely getting. It's pretty catchy (not as good as Epic, but still), and I think I'll enjoy singing the lyrics. This one thankfully won't embarrass me (I hope).

This week is meh...None of the songs are really great to me. They all have their good points, but other than WCAL the bad points glare at me more than usual...
The Rock Band Network is so potentially consequential that Harmonix went to great lengths to keep its development secret, including giving it the unofficial in-house code name Rock Band: Nickelback, on the theory that the name of the quintessentially generic modern rock group would be enough to deflect all curiosity.
infernalhatred  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roam over Rock Lobster, We Care A Lot over Everything's Ruined, and Calling Dr Love over Strutter? Blasphemy!
It is you the face... a work of those is worthy of do a FC in 99.93% of all you set to music them in any guitar hero. I removed the hat for the you. Alone to mine doubts is guitar hero to 2 is played or 3 years or itself you alone plays guitar hero for the couch sessions of you set to music you screw. but it is that... do not I know to translate that everything here for the English therefore will have a Brazilian that have
Zgf72  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Shock Me from KISS. Ace Frehley singing FTW.
skys0r3  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive gotta say that these were really bad choices for DLC the charts seem tremendously boring lol just had to be said

FC Knights of Cydonia [XXXXXX]
700K TTFAF [660K]
top 10 [23]
FC Nothing for Me Here []
FC Impulse [X]
FC 6th Tier []
Do well in Season 8 AAA League []
Alonzo1948  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skys0r3 wrote:
ive gotta say that these were really bad choices for DLC the charts seem tremendously boring lol just had to be said
Agreed. This has to be the worst week yet, but Its better than GH.
FrancisJQ182  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe that's why Harmonix didn't announce these DLC packs prior to their release like the rest of the previous packs?

Hopefully there will be some good packs before March...
FearTheSkyBass  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kinda nice saving the money by not buying these songs. Maybe save it for next week, or get some ice cream.

Feel free to IM me. I am on 95% of the day. Tell me you agree or tell me I suck. Either way works.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: McAwesomeness17
ViPeR6  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the vid of Doctor Love guitar, and holy god. Its:

1) Boring as hell
2) One of the worst songs ive ever heard
3) IMO, a total waste of money

I dont own rock band, but id take any song in guitar hero (including kool thing) over that.

Edit:
We Care Alot is awful too.

Edit 2:
Roam is by far the best of the pack, and the only song i'd buy.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, I can just hear the gnashing teeth of guitarists everywhere. It's a whole week of "Songs that feature the rest of the band!"

We Care a Lot - It's all about the BASS baby

Roam - Adds another much-needed track to the list of songs with female vocals.

Calling Dr. Love - The drum part sounded fun, but I can't confirm for sure

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
n4sc4r  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried all of the intruments for every song, and I may be the only one whom likes them.

Calling Dr. Love
Bass - Alright, I guess. A bit boring, but that's why it's bass.
Drums - A little slow, but all in all they were fun to play.
Guitar - Starts out so slow, but from the solo to the end it is full of win.
Vocals - So cheesy, yet so fun, I liked it, just be sure to sing it when no one is around.
Rating - 8/10

Roam
Bass - Average, next
Drums - Fairly decent, I suppose
Guitar - Pretty repetitive, but overall fun
Vocals - Very repetitive, but the words repeated are pretty fun.
Rating - 7/10

We Care A Lot
Bass - Pretty fun for bass, drives the song
Drums - A bit to boring for my taste, mostly foot pedal.
Guitar - The chart is a bit strange, but kind of fun. The YB hopo's can frustrate those looking for an fc
Vocals - My favorite part of the song, I nearly laughed while singing. The vocals are just so random.
Rating - 8/10

Overall - Not the best week, obviously, but there is a lot of fun to be had this week. For a band, pick up Calling Dr. Love. The other two come purely down to taste.

Small complaint -We ask for variety, yet when Harmonix gives it to us we sure do whine a lot. HMX said that they were wanting to use songs that they felt deserved more credit when they were gotten along with ones that were known widespread, and this is a good example. Roam was well known, but Calling Dr. Love isn't Kiss' most known song.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: