FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I almost can't believe I'm asking...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
powahouse  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: I almost can't believe I'm asking... Reply with quote

Because I feel like such an idiot.

People make their own accomplishment threads, which are seen frequently from many people here...

When they accomplish something new, and post it in their own accomplishment thread, do they go back to their accomplishment thread and just edit it to show their new accomplishment? If that IS all...how does it show up back at the top of the forum since it will already be at the bottom since there haven't been new posts...

I'm ashamed to admit that I just did it, and was disappointed when it stayed down at the very bottom of the page.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: P0WAH0USE
mattyboy11  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the time, people just edit their first thread and then bump it. Do you think HA got 5000 pages of posts every time he created a new accomplishments thread?

YouTube Account
EWiggen  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Threads move to the top when a post is added to the end of them. If you wanted to "bump" your accomplishment thread to the top, I would suggest adding your most recent accomplishment in the form of a new post. The typical way it is done is "Bump for new accomplishment!", but if you wanted to do it the classy way, I would suggest putting your accomplishment in both the original post (by editing it) and your new post.

Hope this helps.
powahouse  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EWiggen wrote:
Threads move to the top when a post is added to the end of them. If you wanted to "bump" your accomplishment thread to the top, I would suggest adding your most recent accomplishment in the form of a new post. The typical way it is done is "Bump for new accomplishment!", but if you wanted to do it the classy way, I would suggest putting your accomplishment in both the original post (by editing it) and your new post.

Hope this helps.

so, do i just say "edit bump" or "bump for new accomplishment" and it will be back on top?

and you're saying i should just make a whole new thread topic for my accomplishments? PS. i feel like much more of an idiot asking twice.

hahaha.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: P0WAH0USE
Sully  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To further clarify- you want to edit the main post in your thread, edit the thread title, AND add a reply to the thread explaining your new accomplishment. The thread will get "bumped" to the top of the forum and everyone will see your new accomplishment (assuming you edited the thread title).
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
powahouse  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh. right. thanks, dude. ;)

so i just edit the original thread as well as the thread title. and then i can make i post in the thread that says "edit bump"

'cause that's kind of what i assumed had to be done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: