FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S8 - RB - Drums - Medium Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goldengoal7  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st place on Electric Version makes Golden very happy

And I honestly don't know how I did it either. That was my first FC score that I got, and kept it. It's 1st on PS2 and I *think* first on all the other consles as well. The fact that I got 1st by over 1000 points and 11 more note streak than 2nd place really make me wonder how the hell I did that.

Anyway, 5th on the round and 6th overall. To the playoffs I go!
ArcadicGamer  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My scores are missing for this week, despite definatly entering them on friday. Could a Mod check to see if this is an error with the new system? I am 100% positive i uploaded them due to the fact i played EV about 20 times despite utter hate for that song. Thanks.
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured I'd do the RB League community a favor and do some preliminary brackets for those who want to know who they are up against (and who they will be against if they win, etc.)

These aren't official from league managers, but should be helpful in visualising the playoffs.

singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What luck I have. I just got my RMA guitar yesterday and today my kick pedal snaps. Doubt I'll get new pedal before my playoff... Snapped like 1 cm from the hinge too so I cant even rig it.

I totally eat my words saying that normal careful use wont break the drum pedal. I really love rock band, harmonix, and ea, but if that pedal broke from my use it really is a piece of shit and everyone's will break eventually. I read about pedal snapping before I started playing and always played with my foot square on the pedal, always socks never shoes, and never stomped on the middle. When it broke I was playing maps on hard which is a very slow steady beat and my heel was down..i felt it break it wasnt even a snap it felt like a soft rubber breaking not hard plastic. Craptastic. Maybe I can tape a magnet to my foot like that guy on youtube
DSGamer3002  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@singemfrc: Now I'm going to feel bad if I make it to the semi-finals. >_< (At least, if that bracket above is accurate)

Can't you buy a new bass pedal at a gamestop or on their website and ask for like 2 day shipping?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSGamer3002 wrote:
@singemfrc: Now I'm going to feel bad if I make it to the semi-finals. >_< (At least, if that bracket above is accurate)

Can't you buy a new bass pedal at a gamestop or on their website and ask for like 2 day shipping?
Love to but its just bad timing, I really dont have the $125 to be taken out of my account right now even temporarily. I did the standard option and I hear most people get a pedal first even on standard so hopefully I'll luck out but those fuckers take 2 days to ship from when you request it so I wont get the package until wednesday. Seriously gonna tape the pedal to my foot. Wouldnt work for hard but I think I can get by on medium.

You cant buy pedals in store without the whole kit can you??
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: taped the pedal to my foot and did the above. Looks like this will be sufficient to make do

So DS you dont have to feel bad if you beat me. I have a feeling DocMartin might beat me anyway, he seems to be a frequent #1 to my #2 on the boards.

At least now it will be competitive!!

Saw on ebay a hardwood pedal replacement that has its own hinge...looked pretty good. Anyone try it? I think it might work great with a little grip tape on it.
meister  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I was the 3rd person to get over 97k on BHS I'm confident I'll move on

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think you're right.
2nd round has Cherub Rock..hate BRE's. Always end up losing by like 3 points lol.
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Yeah I think you're right.
2nd round has Cherub Rock..hate BRE's. Always end up losing by like 3 points lol.

Happy about Cherub Rock. One of my favorite songs on both GH and Rock Band, and, to me, one of the funnest on medium drums. Good opportunity to shoot for the FC.

I'm wondering if they're choosing songs with BREs on purpose. They probably aren't, but it's not a bad idea since it cuts down on the possibility of a tie. Did you see AAA1? Almost everyone had the optimal path on that one, and so basically it was top seeds winning straight down the line. I'd hate to be the person who loses just because of a lower seed. I think the BRE decreases that likelihood.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait if you tie the higher seed just wins?
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:

Yep.

Shouldn't normally be a problem, but if you have a lot of people who can FC a song and there's not much score variation once you get there, it becomes one. We didn't have tons of ties during the regular four weeks, but there were several. Someone asked this question over on the GH side, and it was something I'd been wondering about.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woozerkristen wrote:
singemfrc wrote:

Yep.
Good thing I'm #2 seed then, as long as I don't tie Ice in the final

Don't think I will tie anyone this round BRE or not ;)
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a bye, can someone tell me what the round 1 song was? The results page doesn't say.
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
I had a bye, can someone tell me what the round 1 song was? The results page doesn't say.

It was Black Hole Sun

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: