FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Percussion notes and part phrases with overdrive.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OakTea  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Percussion notes and part phrases with overdrive. Reply with quote

I just have a couple of questions.. Does overdrive have any effect on percussion notes? It feels like I'm not getting extra points from percussion notes during overdrive, but honestly, I have no clue. I've been saving my overdrive for whenever there aren't any percussion things coming up. It feels like a waste. I may be horribly wrong, though.

In addition, what about part phrases? Do you only get a x8 (or whatever) bonus for the phrase if you complete it? Let's say you get 2,000 per phrase (I recall hearing that it works like that, x points per phrase...). If you complete a phrase with a x8 multiplier. You get 16,000 points, mhmm? Now, let's say overdrive runs out part of the way through the phrase.. For simplicity, it runs out when the circle is halfway filled up. Do you get (1,000 x8) + (1,000 x4); so 12,000? Or will you only get 8,000? Or does it depend on something else?

I've read through a lot of random posts on the Vocals boards, but I'll admit I didn't search.. I wouldn't know what to search for to find what I'm looking for.. I have bad luck with search things on forums. =( My apologies if this has already come up.
TheNewsAndHueyL  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never taken the time to examine precussion closely enough, but I can tell you that I have not seen an OD path which, even if you did get partial credit for having OD active during part of precussion, would it result in a better score than if you used OD at any other part of the song.

As for phrases, yes, whenever your OD runs out in the middle of a phrase, you get the OD multiplier for however much of the circle you have filled.

This is the really fun part about squeezing OD for vocals - not only do you have to use your voice to activate OD as close to phrase as possible without missing the activation, but in the phrase where the OD expires you need to sing as perfectly as possible before it does.
pmswedge  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do get 2x the amount of points for having OD on during percussion hits. The only thing is that it's 2x25pts, ie, practically nothing in the grand scheme of points per phrase. That's why you never see OD paths using the percussion sections; OD is much better used in a regular phrase where you could get 8000 points instead of like 300. ;)

You get 1000 points per phrase, so with a combo going and OD, you get a max of 8000 per phrase. As the poster before me stated, you get whatever fraction of the pie is filled when your OD runs out; thus the trick to vocal squeezing... when your OD is gonna run out, fill up the pie as much as possible to get those extra points.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, and I just confirmed that yes, it does give you (25 x2) for each percussion note while in overdrive.. Seems pointless for OD paths, but not entirely useless. I had to use three phrases worth of OD in my Medium run of Dani California during the last percussion thing. =( Oh well.

EDIT: Wording.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: