FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Caught this on gamefaqs, supposedly out of March OXM, DLC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
puppetmaster  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trashthisdumptim wrote:

On the calendar (March 14), what does it say about Guitar Hero III? I could see one of the squares with it.

it looks like it says:

Guitar Hero III
(Xbox 360)
blah blah couple numbers PT (Pacific Time)

and it's a friday, so it's probably one of their weekend all-nighter things or something. just my guess?
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one complains about the Classic rock and stuff, so why do all the people that like that bitch about the metal pack? Just don't buy it if you don't like it. To think that a bunch of you guys whining about the thrash pack might get Harmonix to stop giving those of us that do love this stuff any thrash just seems incredibly unfair. So please, I understand you guys might not like it, but don't go calling this the worst month ever, because for some of us, this is the best month yet.
Koenn  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pvtGramps wrote:
OK, so all you metal people can kill me, but my fingers are crossed that there'll be some real mellow stuff in February.

I mean, would it kill them to put a Barenaked Ladies pack out ("Another Postcard", "One Week", "You Can Be My Yoko Ono")? At least one Jimmy Buffett song? ("Fruitcakes" FTW! No, seriously, youtube it. Its funny."Why Don't We Get Drunk (And Screw?)", C'mon... XD) "End of the World as We Know It"? Meh... more of why my name's Gramps I suppose.

Major kudos though to Harmonix. 2.5 mil downloads and counting. Wow. And i've bought more than a few and cleaned out the $1.00 week songs cause they're pretty fun, kiddie as they were. My problem's kind of my meandering through less than coherent music. Lol!

Barenaked Ladies pack must include "Brian Wilson". That's all I ask.

Also, a Cake pack would be awesome... Their cover of "I Will Survive" would be excellent across all four instruments.

Wait a minute, this isn't the DLC dream list thread. :(
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: k0enn
puppetmaster  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i'm home, listened to all those DLC songs...

well...it's cool that a lot of you guys are happy.

Thrash Pack, that shit just doesn't do it for me. lol anything screaming is intolerable even though i usually like the guitar riffs and whatnot, and holy shit will the drums be insane. can't wait to see those expert drum vids. (looking at you DeepBlueVibes, do one of your kick ass vids where we can see you playing and the notechart)

NIN, no, just...can't....do...it. but hey, if you like it super, i got my Oasis, so fair is fair. kinda liked how The Perfect Drug started, March of the Pigs was pretty much just utter shit to me, lol, and The Collector was tolerable. i really did try, went in with an open mind, just not my thing.

Fuel...mmm....really undecided, gotta watch the notechart video first.

Iron Maiden, actually kinda dug it, same with Supernaut, gonna wait to see the notecharts first.

MiaB, if i ever get a craving (which i won't) i'll throw in GHII.

so i guess you can pencil me in for Shooting Star and Simple Man.

still think it's awesome there is so much DLC, not really trying to knock any of this stuff, i can respect other people's musical taste, just not really my bag is all.
aceplace  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw man, I got to wait all the way till March for more Iron Maiden? At least Fuel is coming too, ooh, and it's a master.
sushi111  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully the next four weeks are packing because most of this doesnt do much for me. Great variety from harmonix though!
Sully  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody's got an opinion, amirite? Here are my thoughts on Expert Guitar.

As usual, I'll buy it all.

The thrash pack is uninteresting to me because I've never heard of any of those bands. I'll reserve final judgment until I play them. I remember dreading the "indie pack" (or whatever it was called) on GH2- the one with Atreyu, Protest the Hero, and Trivium, all of whom I'd also never heard before, and Detonation is now one of my favorite GH2 songs AND one of the songs I listen to most frequently on my iPod.

Shooting Star, from what I remember, seems like it will be awfully boring. I've always loved Simple Man, but this one moves even further from the guitar awesomeness that is Free Bird than Gimme Three Steps did. <3 Message in a Bottle.

I got into Nine Inch Nails with their (his?) first album, Pretty Hate Machine, and I absolutely love the second album, Broken. The Downward Spiral (which March of the Pigs from) is meh, and I lost interest in them completely after that. The Perfect Drug and The Collector excite me about as much as The Hand that Feeds (read: not at all). I'm sure drums will be a blast, though.

As for the last pack, well I agree with whoever said they'd like to see some different bands rather than continual repeats. I felt Wrathchild in GH '80s was rather boring, I'm Sabbath'd out, and I always feared that they'd give post-AJFA Metallica, which is when I feel the music quality took a nosedive. Fuel is meh at best. The intial Metallica pack was amazing and I was really hoping for more old-school Metallica.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
darkviperd00d  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully wrote:

As for the last pack, well I agree with whoever said they'd like to see some different bands rather than continual repeats. I felt Wrathchild in GH '80s was rather boring, I'm Sabbath'd out, and I always feared that they'd give post-AJFA Metallica, which is when I feel the music quality took a nosedive. Fuel is meh at best. The intial Metallica pack was amazing and I was really hoping for more old-school Metallica.

Supernaut is Sabbath's most unique song. It's from the album Vol. 4, so it's not really anything like War Pigs, Sweet Leaf, etc... Give the song a listen. Don't miss out on such an awesome song simply because you've played too much of the other Sabbath songs.
sunshine  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
No one complains about the Classic rock and stuff, so why do all the people that like that bitch about the metal pack? Just don't buy it if you don't like it. To think that a bunch of you guys whining about the thrash pack might get Harmonix to stop giving those of us that do love this stuff any thrash just seems incredibly unfair. So please, I understand you guys might not like it, but don't go calling this the worst month ever, because for some of us, this is the best month yet.

You just buy the packs and everybody else who likes that music, and Harmonix will get you more of it.

I doubt they take the opinions of a few Scorehero-ers as seriously as they take DLC sales of the pack.
foolosophy  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait hold on, MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE AND IT'S A MASTER! Wait what's that beside it? SIMPLE MAN AND IT'S A MASTER!

Jesus christ. I don't care what the rest of the songs are (not too much of a metal fan). I'll probably grab The Perfect Drug though, I like Nine Inch Nails just not a hardcore fan.

Hopefully we see Who's Next in February though or else it'll be April at earliest that we see it.
guldan  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/y Simple man master FTW!

/Cheer!

ITS DEFINITELY POSSIBLE
thespike  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, the last two weeks are solid. The first two are decent. Nothing horrible, all getting a purchase but I hope for something awesome in February.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
directshot999  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple Man and Fuel???? AWESOME!
pmswedge  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to the OP for posting this.

Since I have to learn practically every song in Rock Band (my musical tastes don't exactly align with the game) it's always good to know them early so I can get started on learning.

At least I already know Message In a Bottle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: