FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
x360 Rock Band custom DLC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cool--ethan  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BadAstronaut wrote:
cool--ethan wrote:
BadAstronaut wrote:
So can you, for example, replace a DLC song with another song for which the MOGG is available (such as a song from the game disc or from the OXM cd)?

well i could try and buy a song pack, and exchange the files then resign my signature onto the DLC. but i don't use XBL very often and don't have a credit card to buy points so it may be awhile.
What I'm wondering is have you actually tried anything like this, or are you just assuming it works? So for instance can you replace one of the OXM songs with a song from the game disc and play it? And can you edit the notes of a song and see the changes in the game?

Idk about switching an OXM song with one already in the game. cause the audio is really hard to find on the game disc. and GZ ark repacker doesn't work with 360 so i wouldn't be able to use bigger files.
[x] come up with a realistic goal
[x] Beat Guitar Hero III before the official release on Sunday october 28th
BadAstronaut  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool--ethan wrote:
Idk about switching an OXM song with one already in the game. cause the audio is really hard to find on the game disc. and GZ ark repacker doesn't work with 360 so i wouldn't be able to use bigger files.
Ok, how about this: can you make any change to an OXM song and still play the song in the game? For instance, if you delete all the bass notes from the expert drum track in the MIDI file (lane 96 a.k.a C6) can you play the song with no bass?
Kyahx  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to try some complete song swaps, try just swapping one of the OXM songs for another OXM song. Say swap the audio from Sprode with the audio for Shake and see if it works.
cool--ethan  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay when i get back to my computer which should be tomorrow i'll just rearrange a drum mid.
i'll delete bass notes, and maybe change the notes a little.
blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is the OXM disc rewritable so you can keep on putting custom songs on it and adding it as dlc?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackwidowcd wrote:
So is the OXM disc rewritable so you can keep on putting custom songs on it and adding it as dlc?

no, make a new one.
pksage  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so it's clear, guys (assuming I understand it properly): What they're doing is not hacking the OXM disc at all, but using the files from the OXM disc as a template and placing those songs onto the HD directly via SATA cable/etc. No disc hacking required.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: pksage
cool--ethan  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pksage wrote:
Just so it's clear, guys (assuming I understand it properly): What they're doing is not hacking the OXM disc at all, but using the files from the OXM disc as a template and placing those songs onto the HD directly via SATA cable/etc. No disc hacking required.

correct.
but there is no we or they, its just me alone working on it on my free time.
pksage  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool--ethan wrote:

I actually don't own a PC with easy SATA access right now; my old tower PC only has PATA connections, and my current PC right now is a laptop. I work during the summers, and so when I actually have some money with which to do anything I'll purchase one of those...um...whatever-they're-calleds, that are just a USB interface to the 360 HDD. If there's still work to be done in establishing customs at that point, I'll be all over it, but unfortunately I've no way of getting into it right now. :/

That said, if there's anything the community can do from a software-only standpoint, let us know.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: pksage
cool--ethan  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pksage wrote:
cool--ethan wrote:

I actually don't own a PC with easy SATA access right now; my old tower PC only has PATA connections, and my current PC right now is a laptop. I work during the summers, and so when I actually have some money with which to do anything I'll purchase one of those...um...whatever-they're-calleds, that are just a USB interface to the 360 HDD. If there's still work to be done in establishing customs at that point, I'll be all over it, but unfortunately I've no way of getting into it right now. :/

That said, if there's anything the community can do from a software-only standpoint, let us know.

well if you feel safe with opening a 360 HDD then you could just buy like a USB -> SATA converter, you can find them for like < $5 sometimes.
here's one for about $10 after shipping.

the one in the link comes with everything you need to hook up the HDD to your computer. if you've opened your 360 before you'll probably have the screwdrivers to open the HDD, i think they're Torx #6 and Torx #10
blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pksage wrote:

I don't completely understand. Does that mean the already downloaded dlc needs to be replaced?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackwidowcd wrote:
pksage wrote:

I don't completely understand. Does that mean the already downloaded dlc needs to be replaced?

I'm not downloading anything, there is an OXM disc that has some Rock Band DLC on it, i just ripped the DLC off of the disc and put it directly on my HDD with a SATA cable.

with the DLC so far you can pretty much only extract files, and you can replace files but they have to be < or = to the original file length. unless someone makes a DLC repacker/creator, then they can be different lengths.

.mogg = format not known, .mid = nearly the same as old ones, other miscellaneous files = not known what they are for.
kdb424  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question about the SATA IDE cable. Will that work on all xbox 360 hard drives, and most PC hard drives?
cool--ethan  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kdb424 wrote:
Question about the SATA IDE cable. Will that work on all xbox 360 hard drives, and most PC hard drives?

If your talking about the one in the link i posted a couple posts up.
then it should work with all drives that use SATA plugs, and i believe that the one in the link also has a SATA power plug aswell.

if you just buy a USB to SATA cable at the store it may/may not have the Power plug. in that case you just buy a 4pin to Molex cable which is usually ~ $2
Marciano07  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wont this affect the leaderboards on xbox live?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Marciano 07
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: