FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tips for Improving Career Score
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slippy  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Tips for Improving Career Score Reply with quote

Anyone have any advice for this?

I have about 7.8 mil right now and am trying to do better. I'm pretty far up on the scoreboards for a lot of individual songs so I'd like to be up higher than I currently am overall.

I'm going broke downloading more of the DLC songs so that I can get more points from having more songs () but are there any other things that would help?

Just to make sure, doing songs on easier difficulties won't affect your score if you've already beaten the Expert tour, right?

Songs I've been in the Top 10 on XBL: Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Fortunate Son, I'm So Sick, The Kill, Paranoid
My dancing game and singing game videos :X
shadow6463  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dlc doesn't actually raise your career score...

http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/shadow6463
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: shadow6463
Slippy  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange, it's been giving me points for doing them in the Expert Tour.

Songs I've been in the Top 10 on XBL: Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Fortunate Son, I'm So Sick, The Kill, Paranoid
iagomonk  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your score is only based on the 45 core songs and the 13 "bonus" songs. You will not increase your rank with DLC.
Slippy  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, upon further inspection, yes, my score didn't increase after the song I just played.

Weird, guess I was imagining things when I thought I saw it go up the other time. ^^; Oh well.

iagomonk  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: Tips for Improving Career Score Reply with quote

Slippy wrote:
Just to make sure, doing songs on easier difficulties won't affect your score if you've already beaten the Expert tour, right?

It depends at what difficulty you can sing the song best. You could easily have a better score on Hard (performing flawlessly) than your Expert score.

It uses your best score, ignoring difficulty.

However - expert charts tend to have more notes, and of course each note is worth more, so you will usually have your best score on expert.
Slippy  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: Tips for Improving Career Score Reply with quote

iagomonk wrote:
However - expert charts tend to have more notes, and of course each note is worth more, so you will usually have your best score on expert.

Yeah, all my best scores are Expert.

Thanks for the help

cdylan13  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got passed 8 mil today. How many FCs do you have? Work on the ones that you are close to FCing first, or any that are 3 or 4 starred.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
Nickisimo  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say as far as pumping up your score is that your day should go something like this:

1. Wake up, take a leak, practice
2. Practice some more
3. Eat something
4. Practice again
5. Learn how to squeeze(plenty of threads on this) and study OD paths
6. While you're doing that, practice
7. Take a shower, but think of Vocals while doing it
8. Spend most of your day practicing
9. Eat dinner, chewing to the beats of songs you're struggling with
10. Clean your plate, then go practice
11. Give yourself a 5 minute break, you've earned it
12. Wow, getting late...get another hour of practice in before bed
13. Sleep with your microphone while listening to a looping run of all 58 songs
14. If score is high enough, stop. Otherwise, go back to Step 1.
Slippy  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nickisimo wrote:

I lulled.

violinhero86  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nickisimo wrote:
All I can say as far as pumping up your score is that your day should go something like this:

1. Wake up, take a leak, practice
2. Practice some more
3. Eat something
4. Practice again
5. Learn how to squeeze(plenty of threads on this) and study OD paths
6. While you're doing that, practice
7. Take a shower, but think of Vocals while doing it
8. Spend most of your day practicing
9. Eat dinner, chewing to the beats of songs you're struggling with
10. Clean your plate, then go practice
11. Give yourself a 5 minute break, you've earned it
12. Wow, getting late...get another hour of practice in before bed
14. If score is high enough, stop. Otherwise, go back to Step 1.

ROFL! The sad thing is that the number of those that apply to me is not zero...
AJayN85  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a Rock Band "soundtrack" floating around on the internets; download that and get familiar with the Vocals songs. One advantage we vocalists have over the other instruments is that we can "practice" away from the game just by listening to the songs and memorizing the songs.

I'm pretty sure that if you manage to FC everything with reasonable Overdrive paths, you can make it to at least 9 million. Save from the songs that aren't easily FC-able (check the score charts here for songs with 100% scores that are few and far between), you'll find yourself improving as you get more familiar with each song outside of the game.

One thing that helps me keep sane is working on songs that AREN'T 5+ minutes long. Nothing better to crush your spirits than to get to the final section of Foreplay/Long Time and get a Strong on the sixth improvised variation of the chorus section. =P Nail your FCs on the short songs while studying the longer songs and your score will reflect your hard work.

Basically, know the melody lines to every song inside and out until you can FC everything. From then on, it's a chart, Overdrive path, and a squeeze away from the top of the charts. Good luck!
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: AJayN85 Wii Friend Code: 6157189564583521
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJayN85 wrote:
There's a Rock Band "soundtrack" floating around on the internets; download that and get familiar with the Vocals songs. One advantage we vocalists have over the other instruments is that we can "practice" away from the game just by listening to the songs and memorizing the songs.

I'm pretty sure that if you manage to FC everything with reasonable Overdrive paths, you can make it to at least 9 million. Save from the songs that aren't easily FC-able (check the score charts here for songs with 100% scores that are few and far between), you'll find yourself improving as you get more familiar with each song outside of the game.

One thing that helps me keep sane is working on songs that AREN'T 5+ minutes long. Nothing better to crush your spirits than to get to the final section of Foreplay/Long Time and get a Strong on the sixth improvised variation of the chorus section. =P Nail your FCs on the short songs while studying the longer songs and your score will reflect your hard work.

Basically, know the melody lines to every song inside and out until you can FC everything. From then on, it's a chart, Overdrive path, and a squeeze away from the top of the charts. Good luck!

does that "soundtrack" have the bonus songs? (I get by, can't let go, etc.)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
AJayN85  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of them except for Blood Doll.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: AJayN85 Wii Friend Code: 6157189564583521
hydrapower  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I've always done on Scorehero to increase my score the fastest is to take advantage of the Compare Users feature and compare myself to the person next highest ranked overall. Now unfortunately, they haven't yet implemented this on the RB side, so you have to do it manually. But basically figure out on what songs you are most behind them on, then do those songs in order of descending spread. Then after you move up a rank, compare yourself to the next highest person, and repeat.

For example, I'm 137th on Guitar here, so I compare my scores to the 136th person. I am most behind on Outside (-39,000), I Get By (-27,000), Vasoline (-26,000), and so on. It's more effective to advance in score this way than to just do the songs you're lowest ranked on. The reason being on some of the early songs everybody might be really close together and the 400th ranked person might only be a couple thousand points behind the top people.

Good luck!

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: