FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Leaderboard Scores (dumb question)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ozznfruitloops  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:46 am    Post subject: Leaderboard Scores (dumb question) Reply with quote

Im a little confused. Im ranked 2300+ on the PSN leaderboard. Thats fine, i know im not that good. But am I 2300 for realsies? Im just starting to go through now and try and max my score out, but my scores are not THAT far off that im literally half the leaders score is. Does it go by all the levels you play on? Like can i get more points for 5 starring all the songs on hard?

Basically whats it score on? Obviously if im playing on Xpert, whys it just take my Xpert score?

Am i not doing something right?

Btw. I got a FC on maps on Xpert. I JUST made Gold Stars. Am i not using my Overdrive correctly or not following a good path? I mean...I doubt Gold Stars are awarded for FCing a song.
5*Hard TTFAF:
Xpert Lou: -_-a
5*Xpert: None Yet
5*Xpert Bonus: None Yet
FINISH TTFAF Xpert: ::blows brains out::
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's like the 360 version, assuming you're talking about your "overall career" score, that's based off of the 58 default songs - the 45 in the career and the 13 bonus songs - and your highest score on them based off of all the difficulties. Any DLC you might have won't affect that score.

So if you don't have scores in all the bonus songs, that might be part of it. Naturally, the higher an overall score you can get, the more important that song is. Most of the later ones fall into that boat, but "Seven" is also an often overlooked source of points - it has the second highest Gold Star cutoff in the entire GAME, and as such the second highest possible overall score. Only Green Grass and High Tides can be worth more points. (Well, that and ... And Justice For All, but that doesn't matter for career.)

Don't be afraid to use Hard scores to boost a few of the songs if your Expert runs are crap - I have about 320K on GG&HT on Hard, which is a lot better than my Expert score of ... well, zero.

The Guitar maximum is over 10 Million for those 58 songs. I'm at a modest 8.2 million at the moment, and my ranking plummets every day. Of course, I'm also on the 360, where I think a LOT more people are on the scoreboards ...
Ozznfruitloops  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea my ranking is going down also. I guess more people are playing now. I got gold stars in a few songs and then I realized im at 2500+ now...::sigh::
5*Hard TTFAF:
Xpert Lou: -_-a
5*Xpert: None Yet
5*Xpert Bonus: None Yet
FINISH TTFAF Xpert: ::blows brains out::
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: