FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information For Season 8 Rock Band Leagues!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilentWolf382  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im up for expert drums and expert guitar
http://www.youtube.com/silentwolf832
http://www.myspace.com/ronnie382
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: SilentWolf
WildcatTennis  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i would be switched to expert, would you already have done it? or would that be after week one?

#1 fan for AWG!... I need a life.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: WildcatTennis
elx  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WildcatTennis wrote:
if i would be switched to expert, would you already have done it? or would that be after week one?

Rock band leagues are open signups, the only leagues that require qualification ahead are B and C league for Guitar Hero 3.
WildcatTennis  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elx wrote:
WildcatTennis wrote:

Rock band leagues are open signups, the only leagues that require qualification ahead are B and C league for Guitar Hero 3.

sweet! but i'm talking in general, because i'm in B league.

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: WildcatTennis
elx  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WildcatTennis wrote:
elx wrote:
WildcatTennis wrote:

sweet! but i'm talking in general, because i'm in B league.

The B to OB bumps will happen tonight. If you are bumped and would rather move your signup to expert, you may do so.
WildcatTennis  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks.

woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved elx's picture from the first page so much that I made it my desktop bg for the week. And got the opportunity to have it up on the big screen after my presentation at a conference today so just had to share:

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
evilgoat  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm signed up and giving it my all in the expert leagues on guitar, bass, drums, and vocals. I'm aiming to rank high on all four and maybe win mvp :P

XBL ragnartheawful PSN Ragnar_the_Awful
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: ragnartheawful PSN Name: Ragnar_the_Awful
SamuraiVern  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deepbluevibes wrote:
OK, I have a question:

My set recently ate it. I mean, I can *pass* most songs, but the blue is REALLY wonky (random pad misses range from as bad as 30% of notes to 5% of blue notes missed during a song), and the red is getting there.

So, my question is this:

If we're a known member of the site, can we give our scores as the highest online leaderboard score we've gotten, if we provide pictures?

I just ask because with my pads the way they are, I *know* I won't be able to do anywhere decent on 29 Fingers and Brainpower, and my current online leaderboard scores are a lot damn higher than what i'll be able to get with my pads as bad as they are.

I know you need to provide streak and % of notes hit, which is why I don't know if you'd allow this, since the leaderboard picture would only provide score. :/

I know you're incredible at this game. I've been watching you rack up great scores on all kinds of songs, and really it's inspiring. But...the only thing I'd have to say against this is that this is a league. Just like in a sports league, you're only as good as you are that week. Sure one week you may be playing incredibly, but who's to say you can keep that up always. I like the idea of having to replay these songs because if we didn't, we might as well just take the top scores of anyone who signs up, which basically means that the outcome is predetermined. The way that it is now (as in having to play) makes it to where some people can overachieve, putting pressure on the elite players.

I know that it sucks that this is in no way your fault, but, as lame as it sounds, think it of an injury? I don't know, maybe this is just me. Of course it's all up to the admins.
evilgoat  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to agree with Vern. I've seen a few people have to drop out due to sets breaking this week. You'll have to re-perform your amazing feats. I hope your set doesn't break, though (or anybody else's). I really want to know how I rank with you competing. I've been practicing!

Although, with the current fail rate and lack of people using express shipping, I'm wondering how many drummers (and PS3 Strat-players) will make it to the end.

XBL ragnartheawful PSN Ragnar_the_Awful
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: ragnartheawful PSN Name: Ragnar_the_Awful
nivlac  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray for last minute sign-ups.
If my drum kit survives the league I'm already a winner the way I see it...

I agree with the above 2 posters on the current matter though. You should have to replay and post new scores, otherwise as was mentioned, the winner would already be predetermined. Hell, you could not even play and win that way.

Besides, we were all ready to give Tom Brady and Patriots the Lombardi trophy....but that's why they play the games.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
galaxyy  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:07 am    Post subject: League splitting/bumping Reply with quote

First off, thanks for your hard work putting together these leagues, they're super fun!

I have a bit of a gripe about the the open format however. I really feel that you should be bumping people up if they're too good for a league. There are a few people in the hard drums that are FCing every (or near-every) song. That doesn't really seem like someone who regularly plays on hard, that's an expert joining hard to win.

I didn't join thinking I'd even have a shot at winning, I joined up for the fun. So this is not about me not being able to win, but more just not being able to compete. I'd like to play in a league with people that have approximately the same skill level. Tanks for your time!
elx  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: League splitting/bumping Reply with quote

galaxyy wrote:
First off, thanks for your hard work putting together these leagues, they're super fun!

I have a bit of a gripe about the the open format however. I really feel that you should be bumping people up if they're too good for a league. There are a few people in the hard drums that are FCing every (or near-every) song. That doesn't really seem like someone who regularly plays on hard, that's an expert joining hard to win.

I didn't join thinking I'd even have a shot at winning, I joined up for the fun. So this is not about me not being able to win, but more just not being able to compete. I'd like to play in a league with people that have approximately the same skill level. Tanks for your time!

In the future, we will likely go to qualified leagues for rock band. At this point we dont have enough score data on the site to really do the qualifications like we have in the past, nor did we have any idea what the participation levels would be like.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: