FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information For Season 8 Rock Band Leagues!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laconic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who have questions about the league.
League FAQ

Might want to put this near the top of first post when you get a chance. Also the http://www.scorehero.com/leagues/ page could use a link.

Last edited by laconic on Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
skeltonath  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
skeltonath wrote:
There is no way vocals can be multi-console. The tambourine hits are affected by your current multiplier on ps2, while they are not on the 360. This can make for some large score differences on songs with lots of tambourine (DFTR for example).

I'm sigging that last part. I think you can figiure out why.

But he's right.

Haha, whoops . Yeah I used that example because I played on the ps2 version for a while, and I uploaded scores for vocals. When I uploaded my DFTR score, it was 10k ahead of the highest 360 score.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: The Skeltonath
EarthVsMatt  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deadmenwalking wrote:
You must be kidding me. I've been on this site for nearly a year and I had no idea there was leagues until today. Well at least I'm signed up for this season.

Me too!
Nickisimo  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Vocals shouldn't be cross-platform. Besides the tambourine multiplier issue on the PS2, I think talky parts are also easier on the PS2.

Also, I think songs that feature mostly talky parts shouldn't be selected, and songs that feature talky parts that only about 3 people have figured out should be off-limits too. If Blood Doll comes up, and certain people are in the league, I might as well just skip that week, ya know?
skeltonath  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nickisimo wrote:
Yeah, Vocals shouldn't be cross-platform. Besides the tambourine multiplier issue on the PS2, I think talky parts are also easier on the PS2.

Also, I think songs that feature mostly talky parts shouldn't be selected, and songs that feature talky parts that only about 3 people have figured out should be off-limits too. If Blood Doll comes up, and certain people are in the league, I might as well just skip that week, ya know?

I agree with you on that ps2's talky parts are FAR easier, but not that certain songs should be off-limits. Wouldn't that give you a chance to try and figure out the talky part in the song, rather than not trying at all?

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: The Skeltonath
pvtGramps  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Skel on that one. I'm looking forward to this as a way to get myself a little better than just screwing around with songs I just happen to like.

You know, be impressive at a gathering and string together like six 98%-100%'s on real obscure songs and such.

Oh, and yeah, there's gotta be something done about the PS2 thing.
Nickisimo  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pvtGramps wrote:
I'm with Skel on that one. I'm looking forward to this as a way to get myself a little better than just screwing around with songs I just happen to like.

I'm only talking about a few songs, and it's not that I don't like them, or that I like every song that doesn't have talky parts, but there's just so many weird things that go into what people do to get full marks on talky parts. I'd rather see the league be more about seeing who can actually match pitch and sing the best as opposed to who can best manipulate a phoneme detector. I mean, I won't win regardless, that's not why I'm saying this, just voicing an opinion.
BizCasFri  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan-fucking-tastic.

This is going to be awexome. You know how I know? Because they start on my birthday.

I signed up for Expert Drums, just so y'all know not to sign up for that one if you plan on winning.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: UncleGummers
skeltonath  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nickisimo wrote:
pvtGramps wrote:

I'm only talking about a few songs, and it's not that I don't like them, or that I like every song that doesn't have talky parts, but there's just so many weird things that go into what people do to get full marks on talky parts. I'd rather see the league be more about seeing who can actually match pitch and sing the best as opposed to who can best manipulate a phoneme detector. I mean, I won't win regardless, that's not why I'm saying this, just voicing an opinion.

Good point. There's not many talky parts where you can sound exactly like they do, you usually have to alter it. For example, on Brainpower, to get the last phrase, I yell "pregnant!" and it fills up before the end of that small phrase. I still don't think they should be omitted, even if they are inconsistent and tough.

pvtGramps  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, didn't actually mean the whole talky part thing. My eyes glazed over on that one because I screw those up anyway.

I meant the infamous Cowbell factor should be thought about. Sorry, my bad.
Deimos  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're still discussing this, but I do think that we will definitely have to split vocals up somehow, that's a significant difference in scoring algorithms. It's unfortunate because there already aren't that many signups for the vocal leagues, so it may be a problem that we have to split the signed-up people up.
Draktyr  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time doing leagues here, so why not go all out? Signed up for all 5!

Guitar, Bass, GH3 - expert.
Vocals, Drums - hard.

Looking forward to a fun time.
SilentWolf382  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can i join as a Drummer? i can do it on Expert... hard on some songs... and can i join as vocals? i can do it on expert... hard on some songs... lol... both them the same way
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: SilentWolf
WildcatTennis  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure (read first post).

#1 fan for AWG!... I need a life.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: WildcatTennis
SilentWolf382  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im up for expert drums and expert guitar!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: SilentWolf
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: