FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information For Season 8 Rock Band Leagues!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
galaxyy  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: League splitting/bumping Reply with quote

elx wrote:
In the future, we will likely go to qualified leagues for rock band. At this point we dont have enough score data on the site to really do the qualifications like we have in the past, nor did we have any idea what the participation levels would be like.

Ah, I understand. Well I look forward to the future leagues then For now, I'll just keep practicing, and having fun - regardless of how I do.
Serges  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already responded to this subject in the discussion thread, but just a bit of fact-clarifying...

galaxyy wrote:
There are a few people in the hard drums that are FCing every (or near-every) song.

Stats for week 1:
30/88 FCs on I Think I'm Paranoid (over 1 in 3, so statistically not very pertinent)

1/88 FCs on Reptilia (only 2 100%s and mine was a +1 run)

2/88 FCs on I Get By (this is assuming there was no overhit run)

0/88 FCs on Dead On Arrival (no one with a 100%)

There's only two people with multiple confirmed FCs in week 1, and they each appear to have 2 out of 4, including I Think I'm Paranoid. For the record, those people are 2nd and 14th in the overall results.

Just wanted to shine some objective light on the subject. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming, already in progress.

The only downside to hosting Rock Band competitions is not being able to enter them...
galaxyy  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I specifically said near-FCs.

I expected most people to do well with I Think I'm Paranoid but then in each song next the top 5 are all near FCs.

I suppose I'd just like to see more division. I feel I'm too good for medium and just a bit shy from hard (and from our convo, it sounds like sarges is the same but with hard and expert).
Serges  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

technically, you said FCing near-every song, not near-FCing every song.

Semantics, I know, but there's a big difference, which is why I felt the need to clarify the stats.

I agree, the top scores are all 99-100%s, but you're going to get that in any competitive league with Scorehero players. As a group, we're the best players in the world... that's why we're all here

The only downside to hosting Rock Band competitions is not being able to enter them...
flyndtmn22  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, i think judging drum performance by percentage is a little misleading. Based on the guitar play, we are all used to seeing 98-100% as very good "performances". But I think a 98% drum perfomance is not as impressive because there are typically far more notes per song. Therefore a 98% on drums would mean far MORE missed notes than missed notes on a guitar 98%. More missed notes = more broken streaks.

Disclaimer - I have no firm statistical evidence to support my "theory" so don't bust my balls. It was just a spur-of-the-moment observation.
luminousnerd  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm....they're judging drums by percentage alone???

That's not going to work. I can see why you would want to, but there's going to be too many ties.

The problem is that the upper end of any percent, 99% for example, is drastically higher than the lower end of 99%.

I doubt that will be very effective...

Oh well. When's the next season? Gues I showed up here a little late.
When is Didgeridoo Hero coming out?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: luminerd
laconic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I could tell...

They judged by the score, not the percentage. Once the ranks were layed out for each song, you then recieved points based on what position you were in. First place in that song received 100 points, last place 0. Ties would average out the places for the points. for instance if there were three poeple tied for third. they would add up the points for third, forth, and fifth place, then split the total evenly between the three.

Your season score would be the total from all songs in the season. This would be used for the seeding on the playoffs. Playoffs were score vs. score. In the event of a tie the player with the better seed (most points in the season) would get the win.

Seems to work pretty well. Although, someone could get a very good lead if there were a bunch of people tied for second.
luminousnerd  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laconic wrote:
From what I could tell...

They judged by the score, not the percentage. Once the ranks were layed out for each song, you then recieved points based on what position you were in. First place in that song received 100 points, last place 0. Ties would average out the places for the points. for instance if there were three poeple tied for third. they would add up the points for third, forth, and fifth place, then split the total evenly between the three.

Your season score would be the total from all songs in the season. This would be used for the seeding on the playoffs. Playoffs were score vs. score. In the event of a tie the player with the better seed (most points in the season) would get the win.

Seems to work pretty well. Although, someone could get a very good lead if there were a bunch of people tied for second.

Oh, okay, I understand now.

Yeah, ties would be fairly unlikely with scores as the numbers are pretty high.
When is Didgeridoo Hero coming out?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: luminerd
flyndtmn22  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify, I didn't mean JUDGING in terms of awarding wins and losses based on percentage. I was referring to the way a certain percentage makes a performance look, as far as quality. Sorry for the confusion.
GuitarVillian223  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play Expert Drums
Expert Guitar
Expert Bass
Hard/Expert Vocals
hopefully i can get in
probly not im pretty medeokre
but u never know
WildcatTennis  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarVillian223 wrote:
I play Expert Drums
Expert Guitar
Expert Bass
Hard/Expert Vocals
hopefully i can get in
probly not im pretty medeokre
but u never know

lol wut?

#1 fan for AWG!... I need a life.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: WildcatTennis
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: