FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PM's stuck in "outbox"

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qirex  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: PM's stuck in "outbox" Reply with quote

Hola

I just noticed a PM in my "outbox" that I sent yesterday... looks like about 21 hours ago. Likewise, another PM I just sent with my scores for a rivalry is sitting in the "outbox" as well.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is the PM system acting funky right now?

I found this in the FAQ:

Quote:
I cannot send private messages!
There are three reasons for this; you are not registered and/or not logged on, the board administrator has disabled private messaging for the entire board, or the board administrator has prevented you individually from sending messages. If it is the latter case you should try asking the administrator why.

I seem to be logged in... and I've only ever sent a few PMs, none of which were rude or improper or anything, so I don't think I'm personally banned. But since there's no topic or message that I can see, it seems like someone else would've noticed this already if it were system-wide.

Regards

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be way off here, but I thought that PMs go to your Outbox when you send them. Then when the person you sent it to reads it, it moves to your Sentbox.

At least I thought thats how it works. If I am indeed correct, it would just mean the person has not read your message yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that could very well be the case. I've never really used the PMs on any forum before... and outside of the "rivalry - PM someone your score" scenario, I can't imagine I ever will.

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of "email" terms for outbox and sent items.

Ignorance on my part is always a possibility....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, PMs will sit in your Outbox until the recipient reads it and then it will move to your sentbox
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: