FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
tips for fast strumming with strat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BatCommander  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: tips for fast strumming with strat Reply with quote

The new strum bar didn't bug me all that much at first but when I got to songs where you had to do a lot of fast strumming (the galloping parts in run to the hills being the worst for me) I found it nearly impossible to keep any sort of streak going. Without the clicking I just can't seem to keep the rhythm. Has anyone gotten good at it?
directshot999  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm good at it, it throws me off a few times though. I've always been good at off beat things though, so I can play pretty well at that part. There's not much I can say except to use a Guitar Hero controller, or just take it to practice. I wish I could give better advice here.
Thurman91  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Re: tips for fast strumming with strat Reply with quote

BatCommander wrote:
The new strum bar didn't bug me all that much at first but when I got to songs where you had to do a lot of fast strumming (the galloping parts in run to the hills being the worst for me) I found it nearly impossible to keep any sort of streak going. Without the clicking I just can't seem to keep the rhythm. Has anyone gotten good at it?

strum bar mod the strat (AKA get a regular SG or anything else and transfer it over to the strat with some tooling.

OR you just keep practicing in songs that have fast strumming like RttH and get used to the no clicking (i never get used to it, i just use my friend's Les Paul when i play his Rock Band)
Nantook  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious about this. Are people having problems with fast strumming because of the controller? Or the fact that the timing window is waaaay smaller than GH3 so the kneejerk reaction is to blame it on the guitar? I for one have no problems with the fast strumming but it maybe i'm lucky?
Browntown  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nantook wrote:
I'm curious about this. Are people having problems with fast strumming because of the controller? Or the fact that the timing window is waaaay smaller than GH3 so the kneejerk reaction is to blame it on the guitar? I for one have no problems with the fast strumming but it maybe i'm lucky?

It could be that, but I also had problems with the Strat just because I couldn't hear it clicking. Eventually I got used to just feeling for it instead of listening for it, but it did take a little while.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: El Browntown
BatCommander  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I wish I could use the my old controllers but when I hook it up with my adapter it just recognises it as a regular controller so its impossible to actually play the game with it. And I'm on ps3 so getting GH3 and using the Les Paul isn't really an optin for me
Ozznfruitloops  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bat, i feel your pain 100%
5*Hard TTFAF:
Xpert Lou: -_-a
5*Xpert: None Yet
5*Xpert Bonus: None Yet
FINISH TTFAF Xpert: ::blows brains out::
GadeXTrigger  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thing i do is i know how far the push the strum bar for it to register so i have no problem but when i first played creep on expert i almost failed lol just gotta get used to it and get used to the strum bar
hope that helps

My Youtube page
www.youtube.com/GadeXTrigger
i dont have much up now but there is ALOT ALOT more to come
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: