FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ballroom Blitz: 80's vs Rock Band
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tornintwo  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Ballroom Blitz: 80's vs Rock Band Reply with quote

Ok so I recently played Ballroom Blitz on Rock Band and found it sooooo much different than the 80's version. Yes I know it was 2 different bands (Krokus cover on 80's, original cover on RB). My question, is which did you find harder. Obviously the solo on 80's is INSANE but the rest of the song is ridiculously easy. Whereas on RB the verses and chorus have a little bit of a weird rhythm for the guitar but an average solo.

EDIT: I'm not talking about which one is easier to FC or pass. If an average player played both notecharts and passed both, which one would he say is harder.

Warnar wrote:
The elitists attack! Everybody run away!
Yen24  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocks the 80's was harder IMO. I passed both on sightread but I watched friends of mine who still struggle with expert fail the 80's BB as soon as the solo hit, but are able to pass the RB version.

Neither are fun though.

DLC Request By Month: The Vines (08/08), Jefferson Airplane (09/08), The Tragically Hip (10/08) Chilliwack (11/08), Deep Purple (12/08), Joy Division (01/09)

Yen24.1up.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yen24
batsmak  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fast Trills FTW! The 80s Version is Better IMO.

I still can't get myself to finish BB on RB a 2nd time... Unless I'm singing, then it is fun, and not frustrating, due to stupid errors that shouldn't happen.
Extramann  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the topic, how about Synchronocity II? I think the RB version is harder there - that intro is pretty hard without a few runs.
Strykerx  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really off of the 80's stuff, but how do the GH2 and RB War Pigs charts compare?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harder to pass/FC: BB Gh80s
Harder to 5*: BB RB

I think both Synchronicity II and War Pigs are much more difficult in RB.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB: I think 80s is significantly harder. There are definitely some challenging repeated sections and combo breakers in rock band, but even aside from the solo the 80s version had some tough parts like all those trills peppered through it, and the overall song 'feels' liek it goes on for longer especially the part at the end (post solo) where it goes 'its.. its.. its.. a ballroom blitz!' in the krokus version. Im not sure it its actually longer but i know in the 80s version i foudn that section doabe but somewhat tricky and it went on so long i would tend to make combo drops later on as i got tired.

Synch II: Definitely RB is harder, thoguh through big stretches of the song the notecharts felt really similar (i found on sightread in RB i recognized whole sections of the notechart). The intro is really tough and it hink it recurrs at least once iirc. i feel like i can do it but the fingering is odd to say the least and tires me out a ton. The verses part actualyl might be easier in RB (not as many B and O notes in that little fast bit?) but that section is trivially simple in either, so its not really a factor. Also the crazy HOPO chains all over the fretboard in the choruses i think maybe are charted pretty close ot the same in both but they seem a lot harder in rock band, i guess maybe because of the lack of hyperspeed amkign it tougher to maintain the proper HOPO timing.
PleadtheFifth  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the 80's one is the hardest. That solo, oh man.

But if it were which one you like to play the most, I'd have to go with Sweet's version on rock band

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strykerx wrote:
This is really off of the 80's stuff, but how do the GH2 and RB War Pigs charts compare?

The RB solo has less notes (repeating groups of 4 rather than 5). That's really the main difference. Other than that, I'd say both are equally difficult.
Chuckleslovakian  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adohu wrote:
Harder to pass/FC: BB Gh80s
Harder to 5*: BB RB

this

Depends how you define harder
directshot999  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

80s version is much harder, and the solo/song is actually fun to play =P.
Twang  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For listening, I prefer the GH80s version. Original Sweet version>GH Krokus version>Krokus version>RB Sweet version. The last two are interchangeable, though.

As for playing: I can't 5-star the RB chart, yet I had no problem 5-starring it on GH80s. What Adohu said.

On War Pigs: I don't like the RB version, cover isn't as good as the GH2 version, and the chart isn't as fun. I don't know why they didn't just do a direct port of the GH2 version.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
JWideman  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until RB, I thought the original was the worst version ever. I loathe the RB version.
duck  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

80s version was better.
i was dissapointed in rockband when i played it and there was no solo.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: I Duckzorz I
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

80s BB was much harder. I think both versions suck though.

Diagnosing others...

Synchronicity II- I dont have any DLC but from the looks of it it looks (and obviously sounds because of master) much better than the GHII-80s version.

War Pigs- Awful cover in RB. GHII version was fun and a better cover, RB version looks lame in comparsion.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: