FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Highway Star

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rekt  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Highway Star Reply with quote

Well, this might be a little bit of a wierd thread but, I was hoping someone has input.

In the Solo I can FC the ascending triplets with the Strat with the solo buttons, without them I can't. Then, when the Misirlou Guitar Break like part comes around I can't hit it with the Strat.

However, if I use the Guitar Hero guitar I can't FC the triplets but I can FC the Guitar Break part.

If anyone has any tips to do both of these it would be nice, because if I can get this FC it would be awesome.
iagomonk  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Switch guitars mid-song?
Fedora  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're not going for the FC, do the ascending triplets on the solo buttons with your right hand. Then, when the misirlou part comes, hold down the green button with your left hand (on the big frets) and give double-taps of the notes that aren't green on the solo buttons. This will get you 3/4 every time.

If you're fast enough, you could even tap 3 in a row - the Green that isn't a hammeron followed by the two higher notes.

Finally, I've been working on a really cool little method on that misirlou part. I'm only tapping every other note with my right hand on the solo buttons, then playing the hammeron notes with my left hand on the normal buttons. I've managed to combo it at 80% speed like that at -1 90%, but I'm still working on the FC at full speed.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: