FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Finally got RB!!! But.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dracolan  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Finally got RB!!! But..... Reply with quote

Ok so I finally got Rock Band two days again and started off playing Solo tour Guitar. At first i thought that it might take me a little while to get used to the strat over GH controllers, especially since i have been playing GH since it first came out. To my surprise i actually had no trouble starting out with the strat, until i got to songs that utilize HO/PO. I can not seem to get the hang of the HO/PO at all on the strat, it seems very awkward and really just and notes that are really close together. I can switch to a GH controller because i don't have a copy of GH for the 360, only PS2 and Wii. So is this something that just takes some getting use to or would i be better off getting a 360GH controller and using it?

Also on a different RB note when i opened up the box and took out the strat it seems that the screw on the top left of the base of the guitar is broken, leading to the peg for the guitar strap not staying screwed in. Has anyone else had this problem or know someone who has. I tried going to the RB support site about it but all the issues they refer to is the guitar not working at all, but mine works fine..... for now anyway. Right now i have it taped up till i hear back from EA customer support, 24 hour response time my a$$!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Nalocard PSN Name: Nalocard Wii Friend Code: 8771881902444405
meleeking25  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also found that using HO/PO was very awkward on the strat. I will add that I went through career on my trusty explorer because i couldnt get a feel for the buttons.

I noticed the same thing with my guitar aswell. There is a hole where it looks like somthing should go in, but there isnt. I looked at my friends strat and it had the same hole.
Dracolan  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i know there is a hole on both bottom and top of the strat to screw the strap peg in it for lefties since the guitar would be upside down, but since the screw is broken the peg just slips out of the hole, that is until i taped it now it stays screwed in. And of course the bottom hole is useless to me becasue i am not a leftie.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Nalocard PSN Name: Nalocard Wii Friend Code: 8771881902444405
Yen24  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this doesn't help much, but I didn't have a problem with it. Is it because the buttons on the Strat are built into the neck? Or is it the timing? Or because you can't get a feel for the distance between frets?

DLC Request By Month: The Vines (08/08), Jefferson Airplane (09/08), The Tragically Hip (10/08) Chilliwack (11/08), Deep Purple (12/08), Joy Division (01/09)

Yen24.1up.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yen24
Rickjames730  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The peg itself is a screw, it's not missing anything. However yours could be broken, mine isn't.

-Insert religious belief/disbelief here.- -Insert stupid comment about said belief.-
Seriously I'm tired of seeing those types of signatures. Nobody cares.
Dracolan  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I know this doesn't help much, but I didn't have a problem with it. Is it because the buttons on the Strat are built into the neck? Or is it the timing? Or because you can't get a feel for the distance between frets?

not really sure, i am getting a little better the more i play so i guess i just have to get used to it.

Quote:
The peg itself is a screw, it's not missing anything. However yours could be broken, mine isn't.

I know the peg is a screw, i am talking about the little screws under the base of the strat that keep it together. Upon further inspection i think it is the the inside of the strat that is broken where the screw comes together with the top. I do hear a rattling like the piece broken off inside on it.

WiseOldUnicorn  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be the timing that's making you have problems with the HO/POs, especially if you played GH3 a lot before you got RB.

Rock on, Pufferbutt! \m/ O_o \m/

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: WiseOldUnicorn PSN Name: WiseOldUnicorn
Twiztedheat  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use my strat anymore after it broke and took a month and a half to get a new one, but the way I got used to HO/POs with the strat was at first trying to strum all the notes or as many as I could. Gradually I strummed less and less HO/POs until I realized I didn't have to strum them. It seems stupid, but it made me a lot better and now HO/POs are easy with the strat (when I use it).

Add me on XBox live, TwiztedHeat3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: