FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Fortnite Festival Score-tracking is now live!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:39 am    Post subject: Fortnite Festival Score-tracking is now live! Reply with quote

It's hard to believe nearly a decade has passed since my previous Rock Band 4 launch announcement.

With Harmonix and Rhythm Authors ending one era and moving on to another, Fortnite Festival has launched in December currently featuring gamepad-based gameplay for Lead, Drums, Vocals and Bass, and ScoreHero score-tracking is now available. As new songs (aka "Jam Tracks") become available to the platform, they'll be added for score-tracking.

Score-tracking will group the songs into tiers based on difficulty rating of each part, and the tiers will continually grow larger as new songs are added.

Overdrive exists similarly to Rock Band, and there is now additional graded timing for your accuracy (Perfect / Good / Missed notes) which you'll be able to log on ScoreHero. You will see a little paper icon like this next to all Festival scores which can be clicked to view the detailed stats.

I've removed platform selection (it will show as "Any") and you're free to compete with any configuration of controller or keyboard button mappings.

Multiplayer scores can be tracked as well, with a few limitations:
  1. In the game you're able to play with multiple players on the same part, but won't be able to select duplicates on ScoreHero.
  2. The detailed score breakdown fields (Perfect notes, Good notes, etc.) will only appear for Solo score entries.
My time is limited and new features are now difficult to implement, but I'm glad to still support and maintain the site as best I can for everyone.

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for continuing to support the site after all this time!

I did happen to notice, though, that any pictures I submit for Fortnite Festival scores seem to not save. A similar issue occurs with anything I write in the comments section for a score, although not having the pictures work is a bit more concerning in my opinion. I presume this is just a glitch, but I figured I would mention it just in case it flew under the radar.

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting I tested both last week and they did work, unless something changed when JC was making final changes today.
Check my fnf bass scores here, I have one with a pic attached and one with a comment (its a short comment it just says -1)
https://rockband.scorehero.com/scores.php?user=67810&game=14&platform=18&size=1&team=0&group=2&diff=4&vox=solo

Are you getting any error messages? If you try one and it doesnt seem to work, let me know what specific instrument and song so I can look and see if it shows up on this end.

-

And I mentioned this in the other thread, but if anyone unlocks a song via a pass or something that is not yet on sh, please post it or pm it to me with the difficulty of each part and I will add it onto sh. Festival currently does not allow you to see difficulty of songs you do not either own or have the ability to play.
aWiseMoose  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, thank you for maintaining ScoreHero for all these years. It has been an invaluable resource for people in this increasingly niche corner of the internet. Adding support for the newest game in this genre, nearly two decades after the site first launched is truly admirable. I cannot express my thanks enough.

I have a few questions/concerns about the perpetual nature of ScoreHero leaderboards for a game that is using seasonal leaderboards:

1.) There were 6 charts that were modified from their original state going into season 2, those being:
Can't Feel My Face - Vocals
Go With the Flow - Drums
OG Future Remix - Drums
Stitches - Lead
Suddenly I See - Lead
Zombie - Lead

Assuming this will happen again in upcoming seasons, how will ScoreHero adapt to this?

2.) There are numerous bugs currently in the game that dramatically impact scoring potential. One is an overdrive duplication bug that allows a player to earn two phrases worth of overdrive from a single phrase. The other is a note duplication bug that double counts notes a player activates overdrive on if the player taps the buttons corresponding to the notes instead of just letting the overdrive button hit the notes for them.

The Festival team is currently investigating a fix for this, however it would appear at this time that the leaderboards will not be wiped until Season 3. Scores achieved during Season 2 using these bugs will be completely unbeatable in upcoming seasons when these bugs are fixed. What is ScoreHero's stance on submitting scores using these bugs, which can be performed completely on accident, and how will the leaderboards account for any unintended scoring glitches moving forward?
slashn0  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Are you getting any error messages? If you try one and it doesnt seem to work, let me know what specific instrument and song so I can look and see if it shows up on this end.

I just went through the entire list and posted my scores on lead since I had been tracking my progress independently prior to ScoreHero integration. I linked a picture and wrote "FC" for my comment on each song and received no indication that anything was amiss. No error message popped up and the page simply reloaded like normal. It wasn't until midway through the setlist when I realized that the scores didn't have picture links like they usually do and that the comments column was completely blank.

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I've corrected the issue with comments and images not showing up (you will need to resubmit any existing scores, however).

Let me know if there are still issues. I'll catch up further and I'll give replies to other comments later in the day.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sincerely, thank you so much for doing this. I love playing Festival, but the fact that leaderboards in game have glitched scores, plus get wiped every season was a huge bummer.

Been using this site since 2007 (on a different account) so I'm super glad it's living on and getting revived with a brand new game!
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwellCylinder87 wrote:
Sincerely, thank you so much for doing this. I love playing Festival, but the fact that leaderboards in game have glitched scores, plus get wiped every season was a huge bummer.

Been using this site since 2007 (on a different account) so I'm super glad it's living on and getting revived with a brand new game!
Yeah that makes SH very useful, as I like to track my progress long term. I didn't know FNF was wiping leaderboards each season, that kinda stinks.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regard to potential bugs existing in the game I would not look to intentionally exploit them, and if we believe that's the case we'll have discretion to remove scores as always.

As situations come up with charts and/or engine behavior getting revised, we'll make decisions case-by-case on how to handle them based on the potential impact to existing scores/leaderboards.

I wouldn't expect we'd wipe or remove scores in a widespread manner unless specific cases warrant it (i.e. charts being played are no longer reasonably comparable, top scores aren't achievable, etc.), and would consider what seems appropriate in each case.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No new songs today? I thought they were adding new ones weekly.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The store refresh is usually in the evening at 7pm EST, I believe.

New songs for this week are now in the store.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I heard 3pm GMT.
But now the game is down for the whole day so I have to wait until tomorrow to add the new songs.
annch123  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Oh I heard 3pm GMT.
But now the game is down for the whole day so I have to wait until tomorrow to add the new songs.

All the songs get added into the game to get purchased/played as featured songs (for that day at least) at midnight GMT every Friday. There's been some exceptions (a few weeks ago there was the Make It Known and Streets Ignite songs that were tied to different events) but that's normally the release time.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies if anyone tried to add scores today after around 6pm EST and saw it was temporarily disabled.

Some maintenance required updates, and score-tracking is functional again.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not yet played as I'm waiting for guitar support to drop and waiting for the new guitar to drop but getting a tracking option available is so cool.

thank you for maintaining and keeping this place alive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: