FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Holding the Strat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avagar  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Holding the Strat Reply with quote

I played Guitar Hero II when it came out with the SG, and I got really accustomed to the thickness of the neck on it. It goes without saying that the Strat's neck is much thinner, and whenever I try to play with it, I can't find a proper position for my left thumb, so it ends up hurting after only a few moments into a song, can someone explain the proper way to hold this thing, I like it, but I'm not gonna use it if it keeps causing me pain.
directshot999  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hold it the same way. I use my thumb to help keep the neck of the guitar stable by pressing on it. My thumb is right behind the red button
JWideman  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a real strat, your thumb should be right in the middle of the back of the neck, even with your pointer finger. Surprisingly, this applies equally well to the RB strat.
punkmetalpimp677  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem, for me though, my thumb's gotten used to it so now it's not an issue unless I play for like 3 hours. You'll get used to it. If it gets unbearable, just play a song with your thumb curled under the neck, or alternatively just switch to another instrument for a few songs.
Protein
Sev

LISTEN TO THEM AND SPREAD THE WORD!

(Dream Theater is still the best band ever)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: