FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
JG's RB3 thread: Down to 100 Keys songs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, yeah, I could see it being the toughest chart. I guess having the recent experience of getting the other 2 charts and lots of practice with the RB3 engine helped it be one of the least painful grinds.

The part in 25 or 6 to 4 is still too iffy, especially since the rest of solo 2 ain't feeling too great either. I'll have to devote more time to it eventually.

But for now, still mostly DLC

5/11/22 - Been a while since the last post, figured I'd give a quick update. Definitely been busy the past month or so, combing through more and more of the "OG" DLC, which I now more than double what I had last update lol. I'm missing 269 songs right now, and still haven't played a good amount. I've been chasing the easiest ones first, which I think I still have a good 30 or so before I'll have to actually start worrying more often. Maybe once I get to 900 and can actually get every song to work (the worst part of this endeavor imo), I'll bother to play through every remaining song to get a score and get a more realistic idea of their FCability.

Edit
5/17/22 - Hit 900 FCs yesterday, so I started a specific goal of going for 1000 FCs from the Rock Band 1-2 DLC era. Based on my numbers, there are 1140 songs (since I already included Country Pack 2 in RB3, and don't feel like recounting them), so it'll be tight, but I might just be able to do it. I plan to make vids for every song on the way (Easy or not), so check my YouTube for progress.
I'll probably give an update here every week or so.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have my respect for the completionism with regards to the DLC catalog. I'm looking forward to seeing more progress from you going forward.

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I've noticed you've been chipping away at a lot of the GH DLC lately, which is cool. If I ever get a RGH, I'd like to go through those as well.
But yeah, the DLC grind is a bit daunting at times but I've had a lot of fun with it.
Especially once I got all the songs to actually work
(well I'm still missing one, but hopefully I'll figure it out soon.)

Update for 925 FCs. I've only uploaded 921 because I'm trying to group a bunch of GH repeats together, but I have a few other songs in the bank. I've also made good progress in finally playing through and uploading a score for every song. Missing under 50 now, so I have a better idea of what's going to be doable and what songs will need a lot of work. Hint: Things get really annoying real quick.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
Tip for Number of the Beast... strum everything in the 2B fast strumming, strum a little faster than you think you need to, and really accentuate the first note of each group of 4.

6 months later, I finally decided to go for it again ... This helped a lot thanks!

7/22/22 - Getting close to the end, so figured I'd make a quick update. Lots of decent songs recently, including NotB (cover), I Wanna Be Your Man, and a couple Jane's Addiction songs to name a few. I have a good idea for about half the remaining ones, and I'll just have to narrow down the last couple out of the 30 or so easiest songs left. Now that I'm so close, I definitely know I can go further, but things are definitely slowing down. I think -200 from RB 1,2,3 DLC would be the next/last milestone to go for afterwards, which would include another 27 songs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't you at 995 now? Or were the rest of the FCs after you made this update? lol

Anyway you've gotten some incredible FCs on your DLC journey, and I gotta give you props for that level of dedication. Now that I'm finally dipping my toes in RB DLC I have a newfound appreciation for what you've done. Sure, a good chunk of those is likely FCable in your sleep, but a surprising number of songs have provided some good challenge so far! Best comparison I can think of is like songs in the 40-55 range in GH3, or 70-78 range in GH5. I would've expected a lot less, basically lol.

And yeah now that I'm working on some of the same songs you are, it's getting pretty tough! You really don't have much easy stuff left :p Of course I gotta thank you again for even getting me into RB DLC in the first place. It's a ton of fun and basically feels like a whole new game to play. Plus it's more "official" than CH or customs, which is a bonus, lol
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
Aren't you at 995 now? Or were the rest of the FCs after you made this update? lol

Anyway you've gotten some incredible FCs on your DLC journey, and I gotta give you props for that level of dedication. Now that I'm finally dipping my toes in RB DLC I have a newfound appreciation for what you've done. Sure, a good chunk of those is likely FCable in your sleep, but a surprising number of songs have provided some good challenge so far! Best comparison I can think of is like songs in the 40-55 range in GH3, or 70-78 range in GH5. I would've expected a lot less, basically lol.

And yeah now that I'm working on some of the same songs you are, it's getting pretty tough! You really don't have much easy stuff left :p Of course I gotta thank you again for even getting me into RB DLC in the first place. It's a ton of fun and basically feels like a whole new game to play. Plus it's more "official" than CH or customs, which is a bonus, lol

Yeah I got new FCs too frequently, where I stopped updating the title unless I posted an update lmao.
Thanks! See, I told you it's a lot of fun. Maybe not quite as much sincr I've been recently grinding more but going through the DLC has been one of the most entertaining journeys in my plastic guitar history. While there's a large amount of snoozers and forgettable tracks, it's definitely refreshing to have a huge variety of different songs to play, and always having something to do (for better or worse lol)
And having you join in on the fun is nice too, even though I can't say there's much close competition between us anymore.

7/27/22 - It happened! We're done here. Well, maybe not done, but it's a good time for a break. Final song was It Happens, which both that and 666 took less time than I spent on 2 Minutes to Midnight each day for 2 days in a row to no avail, blech. Thst being said there's plenty left to get, and I'll finally bring RB3 DLC back into consideration. Now that I've reached good milestones in each individually (1000 and 500), I'll just start counting the next FC as #1501 since the distinction isn't as important anymore. I do think I'll eventually try for 1527 to have 200 or fewer DLC remaining, but no rush. I'm also going to start dipping my toes into RBN, but I don't have any major plans but I want to at least play every song once, and then go from there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, congrats again on 1500 RB DLC FCs. That's honestly insane. And the fact that you're starting the even more daunting RBN grind... well good luck to you haha.

Oh and of course, congrats on a new on-disc FC! I remember when Antibodies was in the impossible tier for you a year ago... you've come a long way And of course now we're tied in FCs for the game, which is super impressive. Now might be the only chance you'll get to actually pass me in FCs in a game... gogo Rainbow!
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alex! I'm glad you've finally finished the DLC catalog and put my numbers to shame lol. As I've said multiple times, I can pull together some keys/RBN songs if you ever have the itch.

11/27/23 - Just updating the numbers and the OP to say that RBN guitar phase 1 is done, and I've moved on to Keys. I'll get around to knocking off the easiest guitar leftovers later, but for now I think I'll continue to go for quantity over quality. Again, I'll just be doing the 2x Bass versions for songs with both, unless there's any cases of different charts that I'm unaware of.

I'm thinking I could probably get less than 100 total Keys remaining, considering I've gotten a handful of top 100s already, without too much issue. Though I'd like to speak to the manager about the inclusion/exclusion of a few songs on that list, but I'll wait until I finish my initial playthrough and have a better idea of everything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: