FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Playing Rock Band 1 during Rivals Break - Epic Talkies WTF?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:02 am    Post subject: Playing Rock Band 1 during Rivals Break - Epic Talkies WTF? Reply with quote

Anyone remember if there's a trick to the last "It's It" talkie in Epic RB1 Vocals, the last phrase before the guitar solo? No matter what volume or sound I try that one phrase doesn't seem to like anything I do.

Mostly I'm doing the sensitivity down + whisper loud trick and that works for most talkies. Turning Sens. to 50% and rubbing mic on fabric works for most of this song too, but neither work on this one phrase.

I looked up the old "annoying talkie" thread on here, but it doesn't mention that phrase.

If anyone else still has RB1 wanna try it and see if you can get it?

[This is specific to Rock Band ONE for those of you who weren't playing back then, the RB1 vocal engine is worlds different than the rest]
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi singe. I know how extremely frustrating that song is. I think I use the microphone-to-speaker method, aka, putting your microphone right on the speaker when that phrase is played. turn your sensitivity quite up too.
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try turning your mic sensitivity down (minimum or near minimum works best), enunciate the consonants to the best of your ability (you don't have to whisper), and make sure you are dead-on with timing. That's how talkies work for the most part in RB1 (there are exceptions, like Next To You's "Ow").

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talkies in RB1 were also one of the few things for vocals where calibration matters too since it is looking for specific sounds at specific times. Try earlier or later if the above tricks aren't helping.

If Epic is tripping you up I've got some bad news to share about Sabotage

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: