FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB3's setlist...why did they reuse so many songs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mninp  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: RB3's setlist...why did they reuse so many songs? Reply with quote

I remember when RB3 came out, I hated the setlist. However, it grew on me and I like it quite a bit now. Songs I had never heard before I really grew to like and yeah while there's still a few filler songs on here, the setlist is overall pretty solid. However...

One thing I still don't get is WHY did Harmonix reuse so many songs? Caught in a Mosh, Free Bird, Beast and the Harlot, Before I Forget, 20th Century Boy, Crazy Train, Du Hast, I Love Rock N' Roll, I Wanna Be Sedated, In the Meantime, Misery Business, No One Knows, Smoke on the Water...that's literally 13 songs that have been in previous GH games. Heck, SEVEN of them Harmonix used themselves. Some of them have even been in TWO GH games because of Smash Hits, so they can't even use the excuse of "they haven't had full band support yet". You have to wonder what the hell Harmonix was thinking. I'll come up with songs right now by the same artists.

Anthrax- Armed and Dangerous
Lynyrd Skynyrd- What's Your Name?
Avenged Sevenfold- Critical Acclaim
Slipknot- Pulse of the Maggots or Duality
T Rex- Bang a Gong
Ozzy Osbourne- No More Tears
Rammstein- Sonne
Deep purple- Burn (at the time, GH6 wasn't out yet)

The other bands I'm not really familiar with, but I'm sure they have other great songs. I've never heard of Spacehog before, but they sound a bit like Wolfmother...which is a band they could have used as a replacement. Wolfmother has so many amazing songs, and yes...with keyboard.

I just don't get why they chose to use so many repeats that we've already seen two, even three times by this point. Are they insane? To quote AVGN, "what were they thinking?".
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a Big Country is in BH, so add it to the lot.

Haven't played RB3 yet, it'll be on my 2018 to-do list, so I can't comment but I'm curious to see what it looks like.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truly, why would HMX bring in songs that weren't in RB before then, allowing people to play them in their own game, instead of just saying "go play our competitor's game" whenever they get a request for any song that was ever in GH?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: RB3's setlist...why did they reuse so many songs? Reply with quote

mninp wrote:
I've never heard of Spacehog before, but they sound a bit like Wolfmother...which is a band they could have used as a replacement.

parzrevenge wrote:
stop trying to be pieman 2015
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: RB3's setlist...why did they reuse so many songs? Reply with quote

mninp wrote:
One thing I still don't get is WHY did Harmonix reuse so many songs?

My first thought is that songs that have already been licensed for use in a rhythm game would probably be very easy to license again for another, competing rhythm game. In addition, there are other factors that would make a company want to have those songs in their game despite being a "repeat". More often than not these songs are extremely popular and usually fun in some way, and their inclusion is meant to make you want to buy the game because it has a song you already know or has songs by an artist that you already know in it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A personal theory of mine is that they intentionally chose a handful of classic GH songs because of the pro guitar mode, so you could learn real guitar with some of the same songs that taught you plastic guitar

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: