FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
9/7 DLC: Vanilla Ice & Whitney Houston

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: 9/7 DLC: Vanilla Ice & Whitney Houston Reply with quote

WhitneyIceRect.png
Harmonix wrote:
Were coming up on fall here in Boston, and to fit the mood, weve got a song with a slight chill and a song to warm you up.

While not initially a single, Ice Ice Baby quickly became Vanilla Ices most popular song. It has the distinct honor of being the first hip-hop single to ever top the Billboard Hot 100, all fueled by a disc jockey playing Ice Ice Baby off the B-side of the single. From there, the song spread quickly as To The Extreme sold 15 million copies worldwide while holding the #1 spot of the Billboard 200 for 16 weeks. Its the perfect party song, with a well-known bassline and perfect harmonies, so get your friends together and have them sing along.

I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) is the Grammy-winning Whitney Houston hit from her second album Whitney. The first of four consecutive #1 singles from the album, I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) was her biggest hit in the US for the next five years, while topping the charts in over a dozen other countries as well. A perennial 80s dance-pop song, I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) is already great for parties, but its also tons of fun to play. Funky guitar mixes in with synth for variety throughout the song, while bass plays a tougher keyboard part. The drums bounce around various disco beats, even having a solo, ranking the song in-game as tough on drums as it is on vocals. Vocals, to no ones surprise, are a monster. The lead has a ton of range, filled with improv and some runs. The last chorus has a key change, so make sure youre ready for that.

Available now on Xbox One and Playstation 4:

Rivals Season 2 Spotlight Pass - ($13.49/$13.49)

• Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice ($1.99/$1.99)

• I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) by Whitney Houston ($1.99/$1.99)

(Most tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 4 system approximately 3 days after listed date)

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Note: As of this post, above tracks marked with are available for the Xbox One and tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 4; these tracks are not compatible with Playstation 3, Xbox 360, or Nintendo Wii.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same problem we had with the spotlight pass last week is happening again this week, the spotlight entitlement is broken, and I'm not even sure which song is supposed to be the free one, as in the first DLC announcement it said it would be Ice Ice Baby (thats the one from the image in this post), but yesterday in the challenge announcement, it said it would be I Wanna Dance With Somebody. Neither one is currently showing free in the store for spotlight customers, so once again spotlight customers are forced to sit and wait unless they want to pay for the song twice.

This spotlight pass was a mild discount which is nice, but mainly I bought it so I wouldnt have to worry about purchasing DLC each week it would remove the hassle - and so far it's done exactly the opposite, it's made each week much more of a hassle and complication, so I'm definitely not screwing with it next season, I'll just buy the tracks as need be.

EDIT: HMXOwl just confirmed that Ice Ice Baby is the spotlight song.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: