FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
8/17 DLC: FREE tracks from Arctic Horror & The Black Cheers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: 8/17 DLC: FREE tracks from Arctic Horror & The Black Che Reply with quote

8_17_DLC_Twitter.png
Harmonix wrote:
Music discovery doesnt just happen as a one and done. Were back again with more local bands, and theyre pretty dang local, with both bands coming from our very own office here at Harmonix Its a little heavier than last week, so weve got some good variety across these two weeks for everyone. Check it out below.

Arctic Horror and their song Black Seas is the heaviest DLC weve released in a while. Thats a fancy way of saying its brutal speed crust (Jeff wouldnt tell us what that meant). Black Seas is in the middle of their GOATIST EP, which is just over 20 minutes of straight metal. Screaming vocals throughout talk about the post-apocalypse landscape, while guitar and bass have chugging riffs throughout. Drums keep up an ever-changing tom pattern through the whole song, placing them as the toughest part. All of GOATIST can be found here.

Mike Cunniff, Guitar/Vocals
Black Seas is a scorched-earth hymn that describes a future where, through our own doing, sea levels rise, consume cities, turn black from pollution, leave the lands barren, and threaten us to extinction, a future we fear our children may face in their lifetimes. The track was recorded in a basement in Somerville, MA called Black Mark Studios in 2015 and was released on the GOATIST EP the following winter.

(Youre) Breakin Up is a straight punk track brought to us by The Black Cheers. With some members of The Acro-Brats involved, The Black Cheers is that classic Boston punk sound. Coming off of their 2015 album Sick Gun, (Youre) Breakin Up is an almost but not quite break-up song that instead pivoted during creation. A low, low bass intro opens the song on its own, before bursting into a heavy guitar riff and pounding drums. The guitar moves away from chords to whine over drum fills as the song moves into the chorus, where harmonies join in to layer on the lead line. At under three minutes, its a quick, intense play thats easy to run back. Check out more of their music here.

Dan OHalloran, Guitar/Vocals
When I first sat down to write this song, it started out as a song about missing something that you used to do or someone you used to know. Over time, it became more of a "diss track" (as the kids say). You know, purposely not listening to someones BS. At the same time, its also about growing tired & bored of something that you once loved doing. I purposely added the (Youre) to the title, as clunky as it makes it, to distinguish it from being a "break up" song. Which I guess it is. Life is full of ironies

Available now on Xbox One and Playstation 4:

• Black Seas by Arctic Horror ($1.99/$1.99)

• (Youre) Breakin Up by The Black Cheers ($1.99/$1.99)

At time of writing, tracks were not yet available for XBOX.
(Most tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 4 system approximately 3 days after listed date)

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Note: As of this post, above tracks marked with are available for the Xbox One and tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 4; these tracks are not compatible with Playstation 3, Xbox 360, or Nintendo Wii.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are they free or paid ? title says free but description says 1.99$. must be a typo.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh FINALLY we PS4 players are getting the songs first!
8/7/18 - Fury of the Storm FC

On Jan 24, 2016, AdamHero wrote:
peach you are good at guitar hero
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Peachfanclub PSN Name: Peachfanclub Wii Friend Code: 0475108893170582
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
are they free or paid ? title says free but description says 1.99$. must be a typo.

I believe they are free (from what I saw on twitch streams), I think he just copy-pasted the format and forgot to change the price, it happens.

God that first track is so sick and so heavy. I listened to that GOATIST EP as well, really well done.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you gotta own Rivals to even buy them, which I dont, so i'm SOL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: