FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Unofficial Overall RB Guitar Leaderboard all Difficulties
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think RB4 should be in the Grand Total column, no matter what. It makes sense that iRB/RBU/LRBDS(?) is not being added. Yet... GH:L is added on both the first and the Grand Total board. Though I'm in a weird situation that I have to assume most others don't if they don't own a new gen console, as one of my close friends bought the XB1, and I bought RB4, so I would go over there when I wasn't working, and he was, and grind songs that way...

I'm slightly confused (This could be me not sleeping well as of late, or just not understanding) on the voting (namely C and D) I believe I'll vote for C... though I do believe no matter what RB4 should at the very least be added in the Grand Total. And... since it's been out almost 2 years at this point... it may be worth voting for D. Yet I would love to see the comparisons, as I want to be 100% sure I'm understanding it correctly.

Though preliminary vote, I pick option C. Though this may change when I see the comparisons.

But as always... thank you Bushi for caring about this community enough to do this. Near 100% sure I wouldn't have picked up GH:L or RB4 without your boards. Just don't make yourself go insane by doing this!
Mercurial  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote is B.

As PinkiePie so eloquently said, thank you for your seemingly endless efforts in the SH community, bushidox
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make B be 1st column is all games, no imports, and 2nd column is all games, with imports, and I'd be happy. I'm not all that versed in RB4, I admit (what with not having the game an console at all), but I guess I just still don't see why RB4 has to be separated from the main series. And honestly, I can kinda see RBB as some sort of publicly-available expansion of sorts for RB3 (at least prior to this news of the export being removed) since the only way you could play it was through an export. Just doesn't seem like there should be a need based on the way it works.

On a board-related note, if the way this LRB easy redux is going is any indication, I should take 1st on both parts of Easy before too long, probably before Bushi officially does any changes to the board. It should, I think, unless it takes me more than a month to do the other 30-ish songs.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
bushidox  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I went ahead and just changed the first column to disk only as a comparison point. Side by side for convenience. We will have the original on the left and the on disk on the right for all 4 difficulties. Let's take a look:

update 8/30/2017)

So, what can we see here? Lets do a breakdown by difficulty.
On Expert, we immediately see what Mercurial mentioned, that 60 Million becomes a near impossibility, and our top three all drop down to the 59 million range. Similarly, the cutoffs for 10th and 20th drop by 3 and 4 million respectively, and by 50th its 5.5 million. Lots of new names appear, and several of the newer school names disappear entirely, names such as JODIsBack, Iggy-Sparks, louster200 to name a few. The second column is similarly effected, because I didn't bother to change the code, so it doesn't include imports except for RBB and AC/DC, which in itself is informative.

For Hard, the effect is MUCH less pronounced, as the top three remain identical, congrats on the old school love guys, but it destroys KoushiroIzumi, glacier985, kermess' and RealMessiah's totals for a few examples. The users pgroom81 and bilrot fall off the boards entirely without the imports, as do a few lower members of the board. The cutoffs for 10th, 20th and 50th similarly move back a bit with the effect more pronounced in the top 10 users. Moral of the story here, Hard users typically played the game on disk as it came out, a few exceptions aside.

Moving onto Medium, we get a similar look to Hard, with very few of the boards changing outside of the top 10. Obvious standout changes here occur in the form of mrspeedy, thismugg, Kniffen and RealMessiah again. Once again there are a few exceptions, but most of the players played on the disks originally, and thus the change overall is quite small.

Finally, for Easy, we very little change at all. There are a few stand out exceptions here again, mrspeedy, Skelerex, and for a change, arvain, but otherwise the boards are nearly identical. Just as before, players on the lower difficulties tended to get a score in once, on disc, and move on.

What does all this tell us? Namely, that easier difficulties were played by a lot fewer players, and often as they were released, making the changes minor outside of the top 10. Expert on the other hand is much more played, and as such, the numbers are very different, with the benefit of the different engines immediately apparent. Now, for our stand out exceptions for E-H, it may be a case of simply having all the scores in for a given game vs. export instead of an engine difference, those players would have to chime in on how many scores they have entered. Clearly, for Expert its a big deal, the other three difficulties? not so much. Digest and post your vote now that you have this additional information.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From 1st/3rd to off the boards. Well, I think I have all my scores from RB2-Onwards in a notebook, though hmm. I'm all for it, obviously, it stings a bit, yet it'll knock me a decent amount closer to 1B unique points. Also, was unaware of RBB exports not being a thing anymore (or soon? haven't looked into it much) Though, not looking forward to re-fc'ing Visions on RB2, yet I'll survive. Hearing the news about RBB exports, but I did notice this while researching it a bit further "Harmonix is also selling all of those tracks individually in the Rock Band Music Store, and the studio said those versions will remain up until further notice. which... I'll leave that up to others that didn't get the export, as I'm currently not home, and don't want to deal with the Xbox Live store on this laptop, though I'd be interested to see if they are the usual 2$/song or if there was a price drop? Also unsure if this just goes for RB4 and not RB3, or something else. So if anyone could give me a bit more information on this, that would be divine.

I'm not happy when the boards change, yet I'm not going to complain, as it is fairer (in my opinion) that it is done like this. Yet I still believe that, if it isn't too much work to add a third board including the export scores... Yet I also don't want to be the guy that breaks the straw into changing it, while also being the breaking point with these boards coming into existence. No matter which way it goes. I'll be happy I feel.

Once again, I can't thank you enough Bushi for the work you do on these boards, and actually caring enough about this community to make huge changes. All I can say is, don't drive yourself insane. As... well I've had more than a few touches with insanity with sorta similar things.

Now I'm just rambling, so I'll end this here.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushidox wrote:
Finally, for Easy, we very little change at all. There are a few stand out exceptions here again, mrspeedy, Skelerex, and for a change, arvain, but otherwise the boards are nearly identical. Just as before, players on the lower difficulties tended to get a score in once, on disc, and move on

I gain 1 million points but in grand total I gain only 500k. considering I've always played on-disk songs on their respective disk. I'm confused as where these points come from.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be mentioned that my thoughts much echo Pinkie's.

These boards are much fairer, but I still think a column including the imports is essential as well.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merc, those were basically a test run. I'm pretty sure the final project will have a +imports column because there's no reason not to.

In other related news, InsolentWill has fallen. Hail the new Easy King, baby.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Doughboy  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
bushidox wrote:
Finally, for Easy, we very little change at all. There are a few stand out exceptions here again, mrspeedy, Skelerex, and for a change, arvain, but otherwise the boards are nearly identical. Just as before, players on the lower difficulties tended to get a score in once, on disc, and move on

I gain 1 million points but in grand total I gain only 500k. considering I've always played on-disk songs on their respective disk. I'm confused as where these points come from.

The first and second lists are the originals, the third and fourth are only on-disc. Compare the first and third lists to each other and the second and fourth lists to each other. You don't gain any points in either (as you expected), but other people lose points when imports aren't counted.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
In other related news, InsolentWill has fallen. Hail the new Easy King, baby.

I might be slow as F, but I shall challenge you to that one day.
Doughboy wrote:
The first and second lists are the originals, the third and fourth are only on-disc. Compare the first and third lists to each other and the second and fourth lists to each other. You don't gain any points in either (as you expected), but other people lose points when imports aren't counted.

you are so right, I feel dumb not checking correctly.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm honestly curious, what are you missing that's putting you 6m behind IW and I?

PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
I'm honestly curious, what are you missing that's putting you 6m behind IW and I?
It looks like RB2/RB3/RBB.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkiePie91 wrote:
voidedalive2x wrote:

yup exactly. havent touched these games at all, nor RB4.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
PinkiePie91 wrote:
voidedalive2x wrote:

yup exactly. havent touched these games at all, nor RB4.

Sounds like you should really get on the last one if you don't have the export yet.

Are there just too many songs in the others, though?

Mercurial  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
Merc, those were basically a test run. I'm pretty sure the final project will have a +imports column because there's no reason not to.

Yeah I know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13

Jump to: