FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Unofficial Overall RB Guitar Leaderboard all Difficulties
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bushidox  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar boards are up to date, for today, 08/17/2017. Things were very quiet this time, with the only changes happening over on Expert. For Expert, we saw increases of 10,100 points from malkieriking, 75,180 points from Kyl3Ruth, 216,134 points from louster200, and 311,179 points from singemrfc all on the Grand Total board. Decent update, lets hope for more action next time.

Just like on the bass side, we seem to have a definite cutoff for an "in" club for the Expert Total board, and that is 60 million. So far we have 4 members to that club, with malkeriking with a pretty large gap over AnarchyInTheCA there. It will be curious to see whom gets more serious and whether or not we get a top 10 of 60+ million players. Enjoy the update.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
Mercurial  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need to revisit how we deal with imports for this list. Now that most of the imports are not available anymore (Blitz becomes unavailable tomorrow), getting to the top area of the board has become impossible unless you have ALL of them.

I think we should have 3 columns, similar to how you do it on the GH side.

1. On-disc (RB, RB2, RB3, RB4, LRB, GDRB, TBRB) (Ignore all imported scores)
2. Extended (Same as on-disc but add RBB, AC/DC. Guess you can add the track packs too)
3. Grand total (Same as Extended but allow imports)

As for the 60 million cutoff you mentioned, I think it's a good example of where this problem takes effect. Someone with no imports has a very tough time getting there, but it's substantially easier with imports (I'll probably be able to do it ez if I finish submitting everything)
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's shitty. I don't have an AC/DC, LRB or GDRB import (and the only one I can get is GDRB at this point).

Also, extended shouldn't include track packs, I don't think.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if there's really an advantage in points with imports, I guess we have to seperate them.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm totally on board with a separation (despite it hurting me personally quite a bit). It includes a bunch of songs that would otherwise be meaningless and creates a level playing field where new players/people without exports still have a chance. Granted, I'm probably never going to reFC some of the stuff I've done in RB4 on RB2 especially, I think it's better for everyone to make the change.

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
if there's really an advantage in points with imports, I guess we have to seperate them.

Considering you almost always objectively get more points with imports to RB3/4 compared to RB1/2/L/GD due to unison bonuses being available to single instruments, yeah, imports are definitely the way to go if you want the most points.

I honestly think that on-disc should just be RB1-4, AC/DC, LRB, GDRB, TBRB and RBB without imports and GT should be those with imports, but that's just me.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
I honestly think that on-disc should just be RB1-4, AC/DC, LRB, GDRB, TBRB and RBB without imports and GT should be those with imports, but that's just me.

Yeah im good with that as well.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaderboards are up to date, for today, 08/30/2017, enjoy. We had action for every leaderboard excepting Medium this update, well done all. Starting out on Easy, we had voidedalive2x add 8,068 points edging ever closer to 1st place on this board, good luck, and the appearance of Doughboy with a healthy 10,858,373 points and 6th place debut. Hard saw Kris35710 add 16,254 points to the Grand Total board, getting the only update to that difficulty. Finally, for Expert, we had malkieriking add 26,506 and 34,884 points, Kyl3Ruth add 67,125 to his Grand Total, FourtySeven add 1,956,304 points to his Grand Total and debut on the Expert Total board at 45th place. Very impresive update all around, but I will give the nod to FourtySeven for most points added for the update, and a special nod to Doughboy for letting me know to add him on the Easy boards. Lets hope for more great action next update.

I have been reading your thoughts on improving the RB boards, and they seem good. Changing the columns to have a straight discs//imports//Grand total is quite doable, and shouldn't take too long to implement. The real issue comes in where I get the imports correct. I plan on trying to find a way of still getting the RB1 disc exclusive songs + RB1 best import scores, and the same for RB2, but that will take some tinkering. Until then, you will have to settle for these boards. On the positive side, work has died down now that August is ending, and I will have time to tinker now. Wish me luck, until next time.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
bushidox  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, rereading the comments I like Mercurial's comments as they seem closest to my line of thinking:

2. Extended (Same as on-disc but add RBB, AC/DC. Guess you can add the track packs too)

------------------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking more along these lines:
1) Disc Only: RB1, RB2, LRB, GDRB, TB:RB, RB3, RB4
2) Extended: Disc Only + RBB, AC/DC (no Track packs)
3) Grand Total: Extended + best scores across games/imports

This leaves an important set of questions:
a) Are the score for RBB the same for RB3 and RB4 or would I have to use one over the other for Extended?
b) Is there anywhere on the entire site where JUST AC/DC is tracked as a disc game, or is only included as import?
c) If AC/DC only exists as import, how much do the different engines effect the scores, and would it be best to just have it as one engine?

If it comes down to AC/DC being only tracked as import, and RBB already import only, does it make sense to have three columns? Or should we go with Cabanon's idea and just adjust the 1st column to be disc only? I look forward to your feedback while I tinker with the import stuff.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my idea first, but I don't really see why we should keep RBB and AC/DC separate, especially if AC/DC is going to be the only "required" export.

Seems like a pointless way to differentiate. It's not like GH that has the main series and two other spinoffs (OT and DJH). RB's side-series have already been discounted from this list (RBU, the main RBB, the LRBDS), so the only real point to differentiate on is imports.

Kinda sucks in that it probably takes away some of my 1sts since I don't have RB4, but that's kinda what I'm expecting to happen anyways until I finally buy a PS4 and RB4.

As for your questions:
1.) idk. Don't have PS4
2.) I don't think so. Kinda weird, but then again it's only 18 songs.
3.) As far as base scoring (ticks, etc., not OD gains), the same things that apply to RB1 should apply to AC/DC as well, I think.

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AC/DC is only available as import, which always baffled me. I had to put my scores in RB1 since I believe it's the RB1 engine running it, even tho I played them on-disc.

Same goes for on-disc track pack. they should have their own section.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a) RBB is the same in RB3 vs. RB4 as any other import - it's different in the inherent differences in the game engines.

b) AC/DC is odd in that way because it's scorehero that mishandles it. It's an on-disc game, but scorehero only has it available as an import. (to my knowledge)

c) They are significantly different but it becomes a bit trivial. The differences tend to take more effect the worse the player is, and ideally for the top of your lists, they won't impact much.

RB3 vs. RB4:
The major difference is freestyle solos in RB4. They allow you to potentially gain higher scores in solos that are too hard for you to achieve 95%+, however are objectively worse if you're below 95% as you get less points for notes during the solo, can't use OD and don't gain any OD from OD phrases that would be in the solo.

All other differences being minor engine alterations. Usual extremely minor feel/hit-box changes as is standard between game engines.

Strum lanes work better on RB4 than RB3 (considerably so) however in my experience, trill lanes are just as bad in both games. malkieriking will have more insight on this.

I think there's some further differences between RB3 and RB4 with drums, but I don't expect you'll ever investigate that! Someone else would have to advise anyway.
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercurial wrote:

b) AC/DC is odd in that way because it's scorehero that mishandles it. It's an on-disc game, but scorehero only has it available as an import. (to my knowledge)

lol yeah they put it under RB1, like where trackpacks usually are.
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushidox wrote:
Actually, rereading the comments I like Mercurial's comments as they seem closest to my line of thinking:

------------------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking more along these lines:
3) Grand Total: Extended + best scores across games/imports

This leaves an important set of questions:
a) Are the score for RBB the same for RB3 and RB4 or would I have to use one over the other for Extended?
b) Is there anywhere on the entire site where JUST AC/DC is tracked as a disc game, or is only included as import?
c) If AC/DC only exists as import, how much do the different engines effect the scores, and would it be best to just have it as one engine?

If it comes down to AC/DC being only tracked as import, and RBB already import only, does it make sense to have three columns? Or should we go with Cabanon's idea and just adjust the 1st column to be disc only? I look forward to your feedback while I tinker with the import stuff.

I'll just quote this, so I don't end up with a random notepad I find in a years time or so.

Even though it would hurt me (a lot) I think the best course of action would be:

"I was thinking more along these lines:
3) Grand Total: Extended + best scores across games/imports"

Yet I guess it does give me, and 99.9% sure some others an incentive to go play the songs on the original engine/actually put in scores. Personally, I believe I can dig up a notebook with my RB2-Onwards On-Disc scores.

Yet I don't believe any singular solution will make everyone happy. I would just like it to be at least possible on say Board 1, for those who never got the exports (Which... I'm not sure which ones are even possible to get anymore) I know I fought tooth and nail for LRB to get a code, yet through buying 6 copies, 4 brand new ones... I couldn't get it. Yet I presume (Please don't quote me, this is how I did it years ago) was someone on eBay was selling codes for... I want to say RB1/2/GDRB/AC-DC. Which thankfully I had "borrowed" all of those minus GDRB, and I finally got it after years of hoping. But I do think the option I quoted here (I'm pretty tired, so forgive me if I'm wrong) is the one that most wanted... even though it will hurt a fair amount of ranks, yet as long as the Grand Total board includes imports, I don't think many (if any) would have an issue with it.

Also.

Question A: I didn't get to play with imports much, yet they seemed like they were 1:1 charts, and I kinda doubt they would change SP around just to "reward" someone that imported it to RB4 over RB3.

Question B: Only as an import, I presume the reasoning was due to it is the exact same engine as RB1... so it (sorta) makes sense to not have an extra thing for it... yet when RB2/RB3/RB4 came out... I really think it should have been looked at a bit closer, and moved to its own category.

Question C: They are so much different, such as (Could be wrong here, please correct me if I am) Let There Be Rock not getting FC'd till the RB3 engine, due to the strum limit... and I feel that DDDDC outro... may have had the same issue with strumming, at least for NTSC. Though I'm much less confident in saying that.

Hope this helps a bit Bushi! Also, if I got anything wrong/explained it weirdly, please tell me.
bushidox  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks all for your thoughts and ideas. That being said it seems the most fair to do the following:

Two columns as before.
1st Column just the on-disk games (1,2,L,GD,TB,3)
2nd Column the on-disk games + 4, RBB, AC/DC and allow import best* total score.

I am a bit torn on whether to make 4 be in the grand total column only, or included in the first one. Reason for: is its technically a newer engine with different fill lanes, the ability to use the "easy mode" solos, and requires a different console purchase than all the others. Reason against: its still technically the same game structure as the others (unlike GH:L), you can export all the games into it, and it IS compatible with the old instruments. What do you guys think? Lets make this easy and do it vote wise:

Vote A for: 2 columns with 1st (1-3), 2nd grand total (1-3 + RB4 + imports + AC/DC + RBB)
Vote B for: 2 columns with 1st (1-4), 2nd grand total (1-4 + imports + AC/DC + RBB)
Vote C for: 3 columns with 1st (1-3 ondisk only), 2nd (1-3 including imports), 3rd (1-3 + RB4 + imports RBB + AC/DC)
Vote D for: 3 columns with 1st (1-4 ondisk only), 2nd (1-4 including imports), 3rd (1-4 + imports RBB + AC/DC)
Vote E for : keeping it as is, no changes
Vote F for: something else, supply suggestions here

At present, since I already have all the tabs setup for each game, including each import for each system by difficulty and instrument, its just a matter of changing the actual totals regardless of what's most desired. The hard part comes in creating additional tabs/columns to allow for my other project of just the on-disk exclusives and comparing disk only to import + exclusives.

PS, out of sheer curiousity, I will likely whip up a comparison tomorrow of with and without imports in the first column to see if it really makes that much of a difference.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: