FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Button OD activation returns to all RB4 guitars (Even PS4!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: Button OD activation returns to all RB4 guitars (Even PS4!) Reply with quote

HMXJosh wrote:
I know a few people have expressed concerns over where the "menu" button was on the Xbox Jaguar guitar. The dev team has done some code magic, and left on the D-Pad will activate Overdrive when the Rivals patch hits in the fall!

This is working on both PS4 and Xbox One, so PlayStation players will soon be able to activate via a button, just like Xbox players had on the Stratocaster. D-pad activation will work on the Strat as well, it's just not as convenient as it will be on the Jaguar.

I've gotten a bunch of hands-on with the Jaguar already, and it feels really good. The foldable neck is solid, and there's a ribbon that keeps a constant connection, so it'll be much more reliable than some of the detachable necks of the past that had pin/contact issues. Yes, this means that you can play the guitar when it's folded if you really want to.
Don't know how this flew under my radar for the last couple months, this is great news! Loss of button activation was one of the biggest problems for me in RB4. I have a 5Tar, but they're expensive and sometimes hard to find so it's nice to know I could use a Jaguar in the future.

I'm also kind of excited to see people try to FC songs with the neck folded.
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Activation methods aside, it's good to hear that they considered the potential pin/contact issues; that was a huge issue with Guitar Hero controllers that was often misidentified as problems with the frets themselves. Hopefully that's a sign that PDP knows what they're doing.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
Rickles  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There needs to be a way to turn off strumming with the D-pad for this solution to be acceptable. Honestly they've messed up the OD button so many times I don't really trust them to get it right at this point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: