FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
My Quest for 10M on RB1 Guitar (IT'S OVER!!!)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocker0913  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:17 pm    Post subject: My Quest for 10M on RB1 Guitar (IT'S OVER!!!) Reply with quote

It's been a while...

So back before I moved to Ottawa from Moncton 3 years ago, I had a possibly final competitive goal for the first Rock Band; reaching 10 Million points on Expert Guitar. I was close to achieving this (9.9M), but then my RB1 Strat pretty much completely broke down (busted strum bar, unresponsive frets, etc). Recently, I busted in RB2 and played it for a bit on drums for kicks. I got to a point where I 5*'d Chop Suey on Expert Drums....blindfolded. After this, I went out to find a new controller (RB2 Strat) and am going back, trying to squeeze the extra 100K so I can achieve the 8 digit score.

Finding 100K is proving especially harder than I thought, with the way the game tracks your score compared to the GH series, but I'm not gonna stop. Sure, this isn't that amazing compared to what other people have been doing with the series (there is no chance in hell that I'm ever getting a single FGFC in any category). However, if I can achieve this, I can one day retire completely from the series happy (or at least until I get RB4 months or years down the line).

Without further ado, 3 new FC's (Dead on Arrival for 40, Welcome Home for 41 and 42) brings me to 9.924 M.

I'll see if I can actually FC Black Hole Sun and capitalize on full solo points there, and I've started to FC the second solo in Foreplay/Longtime, so that should help once I nail it in a run.

Only 76K more to go.

Listening to: Dinosaur Jr., Planet Smashers, Streetlight Manifesto, Less Than Jake, Beatles

No banners. Why? Meh.

Last edited by Rocker0913 on Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:47 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RandomMaster913
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you can get some HGuitar FGFCs, if you tried! Good luck with this, regardess.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Rocker0913  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
I'm sure you can get some HGuitar FGFCs, if you tried! Good luck with this, regardess.

I think I have it imprinted in my brain to go Expert or bust. It would weird now to play songs and playing every note in a song. Thanks for the good luck, I appreciate it.

Got FC number 43, Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld. Choked quite a few times in the last verse, but it finally came together.

Been making progress on Creep, suddenly it became an FC possibility. A 96% solo on Black Hole Sun helped a bit, and still trying to get the best run out of Flirtin' with Disaster, but struggling with the BO trill OD phase.

Other notes include FCing the solo in Pleasure Pleasure after the whole crazy 1st bit, and working on a possible Won't Get Fooled Again FC (or a run of some kind where I don't mess up the quick blue strumming OD phase).

54K to go.

Listening to: Dinosaur Jr., Planet Smashers, Streetlight Manifesto, Less Than Jake, Beatles

No banners. Why? Meh.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RandomMaster913
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting closer now. Keep going!

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Peachfanclub  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Go Go! You can do it!
8/7/18 - Fury of the Storm FC

On Jan 24, 2016, AdamHero wrote:
peach you are good at guitar hero
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Peachfanclub PSN Name: Peachfanclub Wii Friend Code: 0475108893170582
Rocker0913  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been meaning to do this on Saturday night, but I got caught up in packing for going home for a week. As such, I'm not playing this week. But before that, got a massive 21K on Won't Get Fooled Again. This would be an FC, but I keep screwing up the blue triplet strums, which happens to be an OD phase, which completely screws up the OD path. Once I get that, I have no doubt I 'm gonna get that 44th FC (Holy shit, 3/4 of the game FCed....damn).

Also got an extra 4K on Pleasure Pleasure, managed to keep a combo going for a good length into the solo and got a 96%. I still have no doubt I can get more on Foreplay/Longtime with a second solo FC, and on Flirtin' with Disaster if I can get that BO trill OD phase consistently. After that, I think I'm gonna have to grind previous FCs and get to 10M that way.

Thanks for the support, I appreciate all the encouragement.

29K to go.

No banners. Why? Meh.
Rocker0913  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay between posts. The week I was back home, I found Burnout 3 for like 10$ and have played it a lot over the past month. Not to mention work and life get in the way.

Starting out, I re-FCed 4 songs where I felt I was missing a lot of points, probably from bad OD paths. Those being Blitzkrieg Bop, Gimme Shelter, Paranoid and Electric Version. That got me 12K closer.

After that, I got bored of just redoing FC's. My potential for optimization is very low, considering I never learned how to squeeze, ever. I'm still one of those guys that tilts the Guitar for OD/SP instead of the Select/Back button. Plus, it wouldn't feel as climatic passing the barrier with an extra squeeze than an FC or a huge score improvement in a song I haven't FCed yet.

With that said, I looked over some of the harder songs and saw that in the past, I got a 296K on Highway Star with a 99% solo, with many overstrums. That put me behind 1st place in that song by roughly 47K. Played it a couple of times with Sully's OD path, and I was very surprised by the result, a 308K. I'm still somewhat stunned.

Now I'm left with 4793 points until 10 million. Thanks for the support everyone, I'm so fucking close...

No banners. Why? Meh.

Last edited by Rocker0913 on Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats. I'm also one of the ones that tilts instead of select activating. You can do it, let's go!
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're so close, good luck man !

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It. Is. Done.

After countless tries, I finally got a run where I FCed both the first and second solo in Foreplay/Longtime, obtaining a 270K. That pushed me over the edge by quite a bit. It's over.

10 Million is done. Right after that, I noticed I was 45 points away from top 100 on the 360 RB1 leaderboards on the Rock Band server. So I reFCed Orange Crush (where I still can't get the solo whammy OD, but used the optimal PS2 path), getting that extra bit for top 100 while I was at it.

Now I'm at 10 009 510 points. I'm done.

I might play a bit more here and there, but my goal is done. If I retire (or go on hiatus or whatever) and never play the series again, I'll be happy with the accomplishment. The game is still fun though, so I don't know. Once again, thank you all for your continuous support.

With that said, I'm off to play some Burnout 3, and then finally get started on Witcher 2. No, not Witcher 3. The second one. I'm that behind.

No banners. Why? Meh.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even passed dramacomic, to boot. Nice job, man.

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
Even passed dramacomic, to boot. Nice job, man.

was about to say that, thats a nice little feat lol but I wouldnt be surprised at all if he comes back from the dead and knock you off, still thats a very good accomplsihment. good luck and have fun on Burnout 3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always great to see long-term goals accomplished. Fantastic job, dude. Congrats on 10 million!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: