FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band Rivals
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meister  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is pretty fun, I got the band bundle because I didn't have rock band 4 yet, so I have a lot of new songs to play. I've been working on the crew and almost got top 10 for the week, it is fun having that for motivation to play songs. I wish there was a way to check the whole leaderboard instead of just crews near your score, and also it would be better if we could see people's scores for each song and instrument instead of just the total. Lastly, I would like it to show people that are in the crew when you look at the profile.

It will be interesting in the next few weeks seeing which songs are in the spotlight and if it will get a lot harder to rank up with most of the better players

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
Deschain  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meister wrote:
Lastly, I would like it to show people that are in the crew when you look at the profile.

Agreed with your other issues, but this can be worked around by getting the Rock Band companion app. You can check who is in crews, but are limited to the crews 5 ahead or behind you (or if they're on your friends list).
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
markvandam  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I started this thread, I'd better comment ..

Did I get it? Yes
Is it better than I originally thought it would be? Yes
Worth the money? Thrice No

I enjoyed the Rockumentary a reasonable amount, but short of playing intentionally badly (or accepting the Brutal mode wagers) it's unlikely I'll get any joy by playing it again.

Rivals mode sounds like a good idea, but as I don't have any friends who have the game it's usefulness is limited. That's obviously my issue not Harmonix's though. I think it needs a little crew reward just for playing any songs, not just the weekly themed ones though - it will get boring quick if you don't have many DLC

Pre-order songs were terrible for hardcore players, which is most of the expected audience at this point.

P.S. if anyone wants to join my crew, look up GRYBO. I'm never going to be competitive as a crew member as I just don't have enough time, but if you just want to be part of one, I'll just accept anyone who requests. I'm also Markvandam619 on Xbone if anyone wants to follow/friend just for some friend scores to appear in scoreboards
JizzleWright  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been enjoying rivals. It at least adds some competitive elements to the game, even if you are still playing by yourself. I found a random crew and we seem to be doing quite well.

For any of you that don't have it... there are 2 leaderboards, one for crew XP and one for spotlight score. To get spotlight score you need to score as high as possible on three HMX chosen songs on any instrument. To get crew XP you should play as many songs as possible that fit into a certain category (this week is songs with love in the title). Think it then averages the 2 leaderboard positions and if you do well enough you get 'promoted'. So there is at least a balance between play as many songs as you can and score as highly as you can.

Rockudrama is a complete waste of time, basically the same as band tour mode (whatever it was called) that was already in RB4/RB3 just with some live action skits. Played through it once and have no interest of ever doing it again.
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that lines up with my expectations. Rockudrama looked like a meh variation on the existing tour mode, probably worth one play, maybe two at most. The crew mode is not bad though. I enjoy these kind of asynchronous multiplayer leaderboard type things. I'm just glad they're continuing to improve and add features like online multiplayer and practice mode. Yeah, it would be great if the game launched with them in the first place, but I'll take continual improvement.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
youhas  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

markvandam wrote:
I think it needs a little crew reward just for playing any songs, not just the weekly themed ones though - it will get boring quick if you don't have many DLC

I'll actively disagree with you on that front. I was already able to play whatever song I wanted, on whatever instrument I wanted, in any capacity I wanted. (And I still can, for that matter.) It was fun to have self-directed goals like those - "I guess I'll go for gold star FCs on every song from such-and-such album!" - but it made it very, very easy to just shrug and not give a damn about playing for months on end.

The external constraints help in that regard. "You only get band credit for playing songs like X!" Well, that means you become a ninja master at crushing X-style songs, or you suck it up and replay existing X songs a hojillon times to grind things out, or you pony up and get some more X songs.

I've already seen this affecting folks' play online. Folks who were previously content with five stars are striving for gold stars. Folks who were previously content with gold stars are striving for FCs. Folks who could FC things with ease are trying to figure out optimal paths and squeezing, possibly for the first time. It's an envelope-pushing experience for a lot of people.

I can respect counterarguments to this - how "grinding is boring" or "squeezing is boring" or "I assume everyone is already a talented FC machine squeeze master" - but judging by other users' experiences, I don't think that really bears itself out.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this expansion has definitely pushed me up in that way (push golds to FC, 5 stars to golds, etc). Not even head to head score battle did this for me back in the day. It's pretty neat. And the focus theme makes it feel like I get to focus on a slice of my library at a time while doing it.

Rockudrama has ended up neglected by me mostly because I only try to play it on the reset break day, lol. They're gonna have to find a way to increase the weight of Rivals Challenge songs appearing in other modes if they want people to use the other ones, I think.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FyreWulff wrote:
this expansion has definitely pushed me up in that way (push golds to FC, 5 stars to golds, etc). Not even head to head score battle did this for me back in the day. It's pretty neat. And the focus theme makes it feel like I get to focus on a slice of my library at a time while doing it.

Rockudrama has ended up neglected by me mostly because I only try to play it on the reset break day, lol. They're gonna have to find a way to increase the weight of Rivals Challenge songs appearing in other modes if they want people to use the other ones, I think.
Yeah I havent even touched Rockudrama because there's never any time off from rivals
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

controversial opinion:

i really hope there's some no-challenge weeks in the future to break it up / maybe split this all into soft "seasons". This mode is so time dominating, it'd be nice if the crews could all go do something else once in a while as a breather. Just a balance between competition and burning out.

plus it could suffocate any new modes they try to put out, lol
twistedoak  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there needs to be a break in the challenges. That's where your crew needs to be content with being demoted a couple times. Your crew needs to be on the same page of when to take a break from the competition and let your members rest.

The beauty of the tiered system is that you can always push back up to the top if you want, take a couple weeks off, then push back to the top again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: