FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A question about a newcomer to Keys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject: A question about a newcomer to Keys Reply with quote

Hey all, I just got this new RB3 Keyboard, and I wanted to ask a question or two

So first, I have no piano/keyboard experience, so should I use the trainers first?

And

I seem to be accidently hitting more than 1 key at a time by accident sometimes. For example, lets say Rainbow In The Dark, easy song, I accidently hit yellow and red at the same time when only yellow appears. Maybe I just have fat fingers? :P How are you supposed to put your hands/fingers on the keyboard? thanks. I'm also having trouble with black keys, but hopefully the trainers should help me with that.
Thanks guys \m/
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fat finger crew checking in. im not opening my keyboard for this exact reason lol even on easy I'd have a hard time adjusting to the very small keys. I'd have to be very cautious not hitting 2 or 3 notes at the same time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the trainers are helping a little, obviously I'll have to play more to get used to it, and I found out that I should probably memorize the patterns I use (which finger(s) on which key(s))
fateStarNE  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late response here, but if you don't feel like playing whole songs, then trainers and practice mode are definitely the way to go. The only way you'll learn to be more precise when playing is just to play more. As a person who does have piano experience, the first times I played pro keys, I overhit a lot. It's pretty normal. It took me a while until I felt like I was very precise.

Just another tip, I would try not to stick with easy songs for a really long time. I know you probably will feel overwhelmed, but with pro keys, it is very easy to feel like you aren't making any progress on your skill unless you try to hit things beyond your comfort zone. And don't feel like you should use specific fingers for specific notes. Trust me, as you progress further, it will not matter what fingers you use to play a certain note, as your hands will just move all over the place.

Have fun!

Pro Keys are bae
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks fate, that will help a lot too
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: A question about a newcomer to Keys Reply with quote

UltraHeroABC5 wrote:
I seem to be accidently hitting more than 1 key at a time by accident sometimes.

It might be worth watching a couple of youtube videos on piano technique. Pianists play with the hands more elevated than you might expect. But it allows for more precise manoeuvring of you fingers.

Keys are probably the easiest instrument to pick up IMO. But that doesn't mean they don't require practise. Keep going at it and your technique will develop, and it'll get easier.

Also, as with every rock band instrument, the keyboard is built out of a load of arse. So it feels mega unnatural to play. That's just something your unfortunately going to have to deal with. :/

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: