FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
This is a call to old Scorehero members
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twang wrote:
Not sure how much of an impression I ever left, but I was pretty active during all those big moments. I remember the Jordan FC, I remember when Chris got TTFAF and feeling residual pride because he lived like two towns over from me.

I came here today as a bit of research for a college essay I'm doing and was genuinely surprised SH even still exists. My last sign in was back in 2010 and that's pretty close to the last time I played any GH or RB. Seeing a lot of your unchanged avatars is a blast from the past. Damn.

I certainly remember your name, and your avatar.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also remember that avatar (well, browsing through old forms I saw it a lot, anyways ;) )
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaximusDM wrote:
How old is old?
I know when I started here I was trying to master easy leaderboards so I could say I was at least good at something.

dont worry, im still trying after close to 10 years and I still fail at it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still a thing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
Adohu  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
I am still a thing

who are u

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I remember so many of you. From both sides. Miss the old days and wish I could get back into it but RB3 and all the exploited glitch scoring ruined my enthusiasm.

Just like it was yesterday, Season 3 leagues, that's when the squeezing seed was planted. (B Division with Hackelmania edging out NineInchNails, who we all thought was a sure thing, by 1 point and then going on to win).

Taking a 1st place away from cdw on some random song in RB1 medium and totally thinking I was the shit! (And then he promptly took it right back lol).

Back in the days when some people still thought I was CPURules DAD (or brother) lmao. He was only 11 when we found SH and now he's a junior at Northeastern University in Boston.

ProffessorJoe and I also still play occasionally, fighting through the terrible calibration and the stock kit (come on Ion support!) but just doesn't feel the same. Competition was a big part of the enjoyment for me/us. Maybe multi-player will bring some of that back if there's still enough passionate people around.

One can only hope right?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJUCPU wrote:
Maybe multi-player will bring some of that back if there's still enough passionate people around.

One can only hope right?

I plan on buying RB4 as soon as they add the ION support
I don't know about you guys, but I as a player of video games - and therefore a musician - am certainly enamoured of the prospect of, next time I begin to play Horrible Night, sitting down with a wide grin on my face as I rub my hands together in glee and shout out to the world "I know your secret! You're in a deceptive time signature!" before failing to hit any notes at all because the song is still balls-out hard.

My Youtube! My Youtube for GD:RB! My Twitter!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: S4VN01
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S4VN01 wrote:

Joe and I would love to play with you again! (Still sad we never finished TB:RB )

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJUCPU wrote:
S4VN01 wrote:

Joe and I would love to play with you again! (Still sad we never finished TB:RB )

We only had 2 left

So Close
I don't know about you guys, but I as a player of video games - and therefore a musician - am certainly enamoured of the prospect of, next time I begin to play Horrible Night, sitting down with a wide grin on my face as I rub my hands together in glee and shout out to the world "I know your secret! You're in a deceptive time signature!" before failing to hit any notes at all because the song is still balls-out hard.

My Youtube! My Youtube for GD:RB! My Twitter!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: S4VN01
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys should finish TB:RB :)

In all seriousness, RJU, I just noticed your avatar; do you bowl too?
youhas  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still around. I only show up like once every six months or whatever, when I randomly recall something from the site I feel like looking up, or being nostalgic about. (Today, that would be the faux lyrics to "Six" by All That Remains.) But I still exist.

Not that I was ever a high-fallutin' "I CAN NAIL LOLCORE NUMBERS OF LOLFAST NOTES!" soul around here. But I pitched in where I could. Went to Atlantic City as part of Total Rock Total Rewards in 2010. Built a local community out of fellow Rock Band nerds. Tried to make General Chat as quality a place as I could. (A couple folks made a banner in my honor; what more can a dude ask for?)

God, all those first Scorehero things were FOREVER ago. I mean, I remember first joining the site on a whim, after emailing my girlfriend about it - my girlfriend who became my fiancee, and then my wife (I had an OMB competition with her!), and then my ex-wife, and now it's been long enough along that I'm engaged once again. So something that feels effectively forever.

While I'm almost never back here proper, folks I care about populate my social media streams. They're on my Twitter, or we're Facebook friends, or they pitch in on once-a-year "gaming for charity!" events. I've met them at places thousands of miles from their homes, and they've let me crash on their couches when I'm thousands of miles from mine. The site may no longer be a bustling hub of activity, but the repercussions of that social networking remain.

Anyway, tl;dr: youhas is not yet dead. Please return to your appointed internet goings-on, already in progress!

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S4VN01 wrote:
RJUCPU wrote:
S4VN01 wrote:

We only had 2 left

So Close

I know (we'll just blame Sully for not being a completionist lol! )

UltraHeroABC5 wrote:
You guys should finish TB:RB :)

In all seriousness, RJU, I just noticed your avatar; do you bowl too?

I would love to finish that game *sigh* nobody cares anymore though. And Yes! I do! Joe and I bowl league and tournaments. And while I'm not the bowler he is, I really do have a 300 (That's a stock picture but my ring is exactly like that.)

Last edited by RJUCPU on Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv RJUCPU PSN Name: RJUCPU Wii Friend Code: 429619949789
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's sick! So do I, I'm not the best and I'm only 15 (almost 16), but I've been a couple of youth tournaments and what not. Great job on the 300
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltraHeroABC5 wrote:
That's sick! So do I, I'm not the best and I'm only 15 (almost 16), but I've been a couple of youth tournaments and what not. Great job on the 300

Thanks! Youth bowling is great and getting the tournament experience at your age is awesome. You'll just get better and better Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youhas wrote:
I'm still around.

Found this guy once on the OKCupid subreddit because of his writing style. Thought it was him before moving eyes left and seeing the username matched. Can't get you out of my head!

RJUCPU wrote:
Maybe multi-player will bring some of that back if there's still enough passionate people around.

One can only hope right?

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: