FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PAX East: practice mode, ION adapter, online multiplayer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I'm wondering:

Why wasn't this stuff confirmed before the PC campaign?

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PuppetMaster9 wrote:

Because Harmonix is bad at crowdfunding campaigns. That certainly would have helped with gaining support for the PC version, as would doing that Reddit AMA at the beginning of the campaign instead of the last week. There were a number of things about that campaign that could have been done a lot better, and I say that as somebody who was excited for and fully supported it.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GanonMetroid wrote:
Having been there, they are totally misconstruing what was said at the panel.

The expansion pack is slated for fall, and multiplayer for the holiday season. They weren't even shown as having the same planned release point, let alone being tied together. I think it's pretty safe to say there's a 0% chance of online multiplayer being a subscription service. No way.

Word of god dude:
HMXJosh wrote:
I've seen a lot of questions around how this expansion pack is going to work, and wanted to take a minute to explain a few things.

The expansion pack coming in the fall is going to be Chapter 2 for Rock Band 4. You'll get some big features up front with the expansion pack, but you're also buying into updates that lead into 2017. The content plan will be similar to the free updates you got with Rock Band 4.

Essentially, you buy the expansion pack, you get stuff up front, and you also get free updates for a while after that. Online is one of those updates. If you have the expansion pack, online multiplayer will be a free update.

Wait, you're charging us for online multiplayer?
Youre paying for an expansion pack that includes awesome features (more to come at E3), online multiplayer, and consistent updates into 2017. So if I have to answer this question in a word, that word would have to be 'yes,' but you're getting a lot more than just online for your money.

What if I don't get the expansion pack?
You'll get the Music Library Enhancements coming in the fall. You'll also continue to get bug-fixes and minor improvements. Features and content will be locked.

What about the ION adapter? Will it work with my e-kit? If you have the MIDI PRO-Adapter, yes. The adapter will accept a USB input from either the ION drum brain or the Mad Catz MIDI Pro-Adapter.

I'm about to dive into responding in the panel recap thread. I'm not digging through the realtime discussion thread, since most of those questions were answered later in the panel. If anything's lingering, feel free to ask here.

Source

((Also, what DLC was on that code they gave you? Kinda curious to see what song/pack they'd be giving out))

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
jamie-the-payne  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PuppetMaster9 wrote:

Well, they had half a mil' in the bank to put into the PC version. Maybe they put that money into funding the development of this expansion pack?
GH:23/49| GH2:57/74| GH2 DLC:22/24| GH80s:18/30| GH3:59/70| GH3 DLC:14/68| GHA:39/41
Guitar Hero OMB:107/873
GHWT:20/84| GHWT DLC:2/147| GHM:3/49| GHM DLC:0/10| GHGH:9/48| GH5:16/85| GH5 DLC:1/162| GHVH:7/47| BH:7/65| GHWoR:41/93| GHWoR DLC:1/83
Rock Band OMB:500/4300
RB:43/58| RB DLC:127/1135| RB2:37/84| ACDC:6/18| RBN:1/999| TBRB:19/44| TBRB DLC:2/29| LRB:42/45| GDRB:38/44| GDRB DLC:5/6| RB3:56/83| RB3 DLC:50/583| RBC2:0/21 RB3N:16/944| RBB:15/25| RB4:15/65| RB4 DLC:29/125
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jamiethepayne PSN Name: jamiethepayne Wii Friend Code: 4411131444531013
DarthFizz  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad that we are finally getting the updates RB4 needs. The ION support actually convinces me to get RB4 and come back to playing again.

My Accomplishments (Contains My Wiki, Days to Remember, and other major accomplishments!)
HerbieHero wrote:
If only there were a like button for ScoreHero posts...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
twistedoak  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Having to pay for something that should have been included at rb4's launch. GG, Harmonix.

If it's 5 bucks or something like that, I would probably get it. Chances are it's going to be 20 or more. No one I know plays rb4 on a regular basis anymore, and I imagine that won't change with the expansion pack. It won't be worth it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GanonMetroid wrote:

The expansion pack is slated for fall, and multiplayer for the holiday season. They weren't even shown as having the same planned release point, let alone being tied together. I think it's pretty safe to say there's a 0% chance of online multiplayer being a subscription service. No way.

I don't see how they misconstrued anything. There is a post here that says online play will be part of a "paid" expansion pack. That there are other things in the expansion seems to be the spin that is being put on it but the bottom line is if you want to play online in the fall, you have to pay in order to make that happen.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twistedoak wrote:
Wow. Having to pay for something that should have been included at rb4's launch. GG, Harmonix.

If it's 5 bucks or something like that, I would probably get it. Chances are it's going to be 20 or more. No one I know plays rb4 on a regular basis anymore, and I imagine that won't change with the expansion pack. It won't be worth it.

You seem to not be realizing that the expansion pack includes things PLUS online multiplayer. This is why I'm holding back judgement until I know what is actually in that expansion. For all we know they could be adding things that a Rock Band game hasn't had before and therefore pretty much makes the paid online complaint null and void. However, we don't know if that's the case or not yet.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I maintain that they should've held back on this announcement until we knew what other kinds of features (or songs?) we could expect to get with the Chapter 2 expansion

They're very lucky the Collective Internet doesn't seem to have caught on to that little detail; more disastrous PR is the last thing HMX needs right now

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's getting people excited though. I think that was what they were going for. Obviously the grey area on this expansion pack is a bit of the consequence in revealing online play this soon.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
twistedoak  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
twistedoak wrote:

You seem to not be realizing that the expansion pack includes things PLUS online multiplayer. This is why I'm holding back judgement until I know what is actually in that expansion. For all we know they could be adding things that a Rock Band game hasn't had before and therefore pretty much makes the paid online complaint null and void. However, we don't know if that's the case or not yet.

I hope you're right. I hope the expansion has all sorts of awesome little nuggets of value and excitement to make this the expansion pack of the year. However....

You seem to not be realizing that it's too little too late. Only the hardest of hardcore are left to play the game, and those people would get the expansion pack no matter what is in it and no matter the price. To hide multiplayer (which should be a standard feature of a game in 2016) behind paid content is the last strike for me. They would have had more sales if online play was included at launch, and I would guess a few would pick up if it were free content (but a year after launch, I would be suspicious of even that), but definitely not as part of a paid bundle.

It seems that Harmonix made every bad decision possible with rock band 4... from the items they did include and marketed, to the ones they left out. Why make a statement like this about an expansion pack announcing items that will upset people as part of paid content and not leave these other awesome features that you are holding judgement for? It doesn't make sense. Facts don't lie and the sales reports don't either. Harmonix needs to realize at this point that it's no longer the heyday of music rhythm games and they are not going to make a profit by further alienating the people who are left.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly in my honest opinion which is completely my opinion and no one else's since it is scorehero user i i m e a d e ' s opinion

while i am kinda happy that yes, we are getting practice mode and online again, i'm not really that happy i guess? i think that without the mass outcry that there was at launch, and for several months afterwards, about the lack of practice mode and the lack of online play, harmonix wouldn't have even made these. it's not completely out of the question that since they're so strapped for cash, and they obviously thought that those two features were not essential for their core demo (casual drunk people at parties) that no one would really care

so i guess yay harmonix for putting in two features that should have been there at launch? not particularly happy that online/improved song selection are coming at the tail end of the year, about a year after the game launched, but whatever i guess.

versus multiplayer when?

parzrevenge wrote:
stop trying to be pieman 2015
gitarzann  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerminX13 wrote:
I maintain that they should've held back on this announcement until we knew what other kinds of features (or songs?) we could expect to get with the Chapter 2 expansion

They're very lucky the Collective Internet doesn't seem to have caught on to that little detail; more disastrous PR is the last thing HMX needs right now

Seriously, if they were going to announce that we essentially have to pay for online since it's inside a paid expansion pack, but that should be just swell with us since we're getting some cool new features that will justify the cost, they should have given us information on what some of those new features are. Instead, they left themselves open to backlash because the only thing to talk about with regard to the paid expansion is online play. It's nice that they may give more info at E3 but there is backlash now. They should have waited until E3 to talk about this because as someone that will probably buy the expansion, I am feeling like we are getting shafted by having to pay for a standard feature from past games.
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerminX13 wrote:
GanonMetroid wrote:

Word of god dude:
HMXJosh wrote:
I've seen a lot of questions around how this expansion pack is going to work, and wanted to take a minute to explain a few things.

The expansion pack coming in the fall is going to be Chapter 2 for Rock Band 4. You'll get some big features up front with the expansion pack, but you're also buying into updates that lead into 2017. The content plan will be similar to the free updates you got with Rock Band 4.

Essentially, you buy the expansion pack, you get stuff up front, and you also get free updates for a while after that. Online is one of those updates. If you have the expansion pack, online multiplayer will be a free update.

Wait, you're charging us for online multiplayer?
Youre paying for an expansion pack that includes awesome features (more to come at E3), online multiplayer, and consistent updates into 2017. So if I have to answer this question in a word, that word would have to be 'yes,' but you're getting a lot more than just online for your money.

What if I don't get the expansion pack?
You'll get the Music Library Enhancements coming in the fall. You'll also continue to get bug-fixes and minor improvements. Features and content will be locked.

What about the ION adapter? Will it work with my e-kit? If you have the MIDI PRO-Adapter, yes. The adapter will accept a USB input from either the ION drum brain or the Mad Catz MIDI Pro-Adapter.

I'm about to dive into responding in the panel recap thread. I'm not digging through the realtime discussion thread, since most of those questions were answered later in the panel. If anything's lingering, feel free to ask here.

Source

((Also, what DLC was on that code they gave you? Kinda curious to see what song/pack they'd be giving out))
Wow, that's... Huh.

I mean, I guess I understand the logic. The reason it wasn't included to begin with was because the numbers showed that a hugely insignificant amount of people played it. Charging is just offsetting the costs of developing such a major feature for such a vocal minority of players. That doesn't mean I like it, but I guess I understand it.

I figure an enormous amount of people who would be playing online would be getting the expansion anyway, though. So it's whatever. I also wouldn't be surprised if RB4 got some sort of "deluxe edition" with the expansion(s?) included at some point down the line, maybe next year.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They would have had more sales if online play was included at launch

If you really think online play would've increased sales by more than maybe 1% or so you're deluding yourself.

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: