FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PAX East: practice mode, ION adapter, online multiplayer
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: PAX East: practice mode, ION adapter, online multiplayer Reply with quote

Plus other stuff.

https://m.imgur.com/a/MGTjg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today is my birthday.

Thank you for the gift, Harmonix

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Online at holiday? Wow, that's great! Too bad virtually none of my friends (hell, probably not even me) will give any semblance of a fuck about plastic guitar games in general by then, nevermind that Team Aftermath has already been in an ungodly drought of full band sessions for over half a year now!

Seriously. Too little, way way way way way too late on this, HMX. This is one of the many reasons why online never should've been on the cutting room floor in the first place.

/bitteraf
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MidniteRidr2
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB4 made great strides today toward meeting the baseline that RB3 established six years ago

Seriously, I'm excited. I am. Good on em. Don't give a FUCK about online mode in a world where you have to pay a subscription for it but I'm stoked about practice being added and glad we're Finally Getting There

Can't justify getting it until Microsoft releases some fuckin' real games though

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
jamie-the-payne  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great thing, don't get me wrong, but be warned...

Practice mode and online play were not the only things wrong with this game when it came out. There were tons of other bugs like the game freezing, tracks skipping, etc. Many bugs have been fixed, which is great!

However, do not expect the practice mode and online multiplayer to work flawlessly out of the gate. Harmonix have shown with RB4 that they often need multiple attempts to get things right. Just look at how many leaderboard wipes they've been doing.

Do not rush out and get this game after these announcements. You might find that, at launch, practice mode and online play will not work as intended, or introduce more bugs. It's taken many patches for them to get the base game running as it does now (and it's still not perfect).

Just forewarning y'all, so that we hopefully don't see so much negativity when these modes are released.

In any case, yay for practice mode!! And online play is cool, I guess. Maybe it will spark more team interest, which is always a good thing .
GH:23/49| GH2:57/74| GH2 DLC:22/24| GH80s:18/30| GH3:59/70| GH3 DLC:14/68| GHA:39/41
Guitar Hero OMB:107/873
GHWT:20/84| GHWT DLC:2/147| GHM:3/49| GHM DLC:0/10| GHGH:9/48| GH5:16/85| GH5 DLC:1/162| GHVH:7/47| BH:7/65| GHWoR:41/93| GHWoR DLC:1/83
Rock Band OMB:500/4300
RB:43/58| RB DLC:127/1135| RB2:37/84| ACDC:6/18| RBN:1/999| TBRB:19/44| TBRB DLC:2/29| LRB:42/45| GDRB:38/44| GDRB DLC:5/6| RB3:56/83| RB3 DLC:50/583| RBC2:0/21 RB3N:16/944| RBB:15/25| RB4:15/65| RB4 DLC:29/125
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jamiethepayne PSN Name: jamiethepayne Wii Friend Code: 4411131444531013
slashn0  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight-Rider wrote:
bitteraf

Aren't you always?

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie-the-payne wrote:
Harmonix have shown with RB4 that they often need multiple attempts to get things right.
talkies, HOPO chords, lanes (?)

they have a history of that lol

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
Midnight-Rider  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slashn0 wrote:
Midnight-Rider wrote:
bitteraf

Aren't you always?

I may be semi-biased :*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MidniteRidr2
S4VN01  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you based PDP
I don't know about you guys, but I as a player of video games - and therefore a musician - am certainly enamoured of the prospect of, next time I begin to play Horrible Night, sitting down with a wide grin on my face as I rub my hands together in glee and shout out to the world "I know your secret! You're in a deceptive time signature!" before failing to hit any notes at all because the song is still balls-out hard.

My Youtube! My Youtube for GD:RB! My Twitter!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: S4VN01
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so the update in fall will cost something ? that's kind of odd, no ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you get that it will cost something?
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:

I got the impression from the panel that the "expansion pack" would cost something but certain changes would be included regardless of whether you purchased the expansion.

I'm not sure if it's just a glorified track pack or what exactly. Specifics were sparse.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:

From here: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/rock-band-4-paid-expansion-adds-online-multiplayer/
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely a bit of a dick move to charge for online play if it's true. I'm still holding judging until I know all of the features behind the paid expansion. If there aren't any significant features that we haven't seen in an RB game before, that's a bad sign to force people to pay for a feature that was available in 3 prior versions of the game. However, it's not the biggest problem if there are some new cool things in the expansion. We'll just have to wait and see.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gitarzann wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:

From here: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/rock-band-4-paid-expansion-adds-online-multiplayer/
Having been there, they are totally misconstruing what was said at the panel.

The expansion pack is slated for fall, and multiplayer for the holiday season. They weren't even shown as having the same planned release point, let alone being tied together. I think it's pretty safe to say there's a 0% chance of online multiplayer being a subscription service. No way.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: