FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
rip RB4 fig campaign
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty interesting to see them go at it this way, but it sounds like it would possibly be the best version of the game. Don't particularly have money for it, but maybe I can before the month is out. Very timely also with a Fall 2016 timeline, which makes sense since the game is technically already made.

Though how does the guitar work for this? Do the guitars have USB hookups in the same way that I can use my PS4 controller on my PC with the USB cord that comes with it?
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good question. It depends on whether the guitar controller sends the input data over the wire if it's plugged in. It's possible it just uses it for charging, although the regular PS4 controller appears to send it over the wire instead when plugged in since you can use that on your PC. I would guess the guitar will work the same way, but they'd have to confirm that.

What I'm more concerned about is that I don't think this is actually going to happen, based on how the campaign is going so far. I asked if there was any chance of it happening if the crowdfunding campaign fails, and they said pretty much unequivocally no. They have to do it this way in order to be able to afford it at all, which is unfortunate. I would love this version, but RB4 is already niche and underperforming on consoles. It's even more niche on PC and right now, it doesn't look like there will be enough people to fund this which is a damn shame.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crowdfunds tend to pick up hard on the last few days, especially "high profile" ones like this one. Quiet folks dropping a lot of money

I'm hoping that happens on this. PR's been pretty rough for it though. I won't pretend I'm not worried

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Harmonix just dropped their deal with Mad Catz and are going to be going with PDP, saying they have new hardware in the fall, I wonder if they are already planning to create new guitars with USB hookups? It would be useful even if the PC campaign doesn't work I'd think.
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a total desperation move, I'm worried about Harmonix.
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
Pretty interesting to see them go at it this way, but it sounds like it would possibly be the best version of the game. Don't particularly have money for it, but maybe I can before the month is out. Very timely also with a Fall 2016 timeline, which makes sense since the game is technically already made.

Though how does the guitar work for this? Do the guitars have USB hookups in the same way that I can use my PS4 controller on my PC with the USB cord that comes with it?
In the rewards, they say that the PC instruments will also work with PS4, so I'd imagine it's just Bluetooth and in all likelihood there will also be a USB hookup. I'd doubt they'd design new guitars if the ones they already have work fine.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
raynebc  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on what I'd read, they're specifically the PS4 versions of the instruments instead of a different variety of them.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the PC version ain't happening at all. Barely moved in the past week.
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit people fund this

I really don't want to have to buy a fucking Xbone

Accomplishments:

MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerminX13 wrote:
Dammit people fund this

I really don't want to have to buy a fucking Xbone

Could buy a perfectly good PS4? That's the choice I went with lol
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have lots of delisted DLC/imports ((that I suspect will quickly become available through other means on PC))

Accomplishments:

Peachfanclub  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R.I.P PC Rock Band
2016-2016
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Peachfanclub PSN Name: Peachfanclub Wii Friend Code: 0475108893170582
GingerBraFace  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone may invest! There's still hope :'(
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace PSN Name: GingerBraFace Wii Friend Code: 390546319559
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I resigned myself to this not happening weeks ago. It's a shame, but RB4 was already niche on console. This isn't the glory days of music games anymore, and these types of games are extra expensive for a small studio to produce because of the hardware. On PC, it's even more niche so I'm not surprised.

Interestingly, they just had their best day of funding since the third day of the campaign after the AMA on reddit. I have no idea why they didn't do this AMA when the campaign first started. Maybe they could have gotten more people on board sooner.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmx has no idea how to run a crowdfund

they wait until they're like 5 days from failure and then decide "oh yeah, maybe we should try interacting with the community and promising incentives that everybody can get behind"

i'm convinced they'd have gotten a good amount more money if they'd started this on a reputable site like kickstarter or indiegogo instead of """""""fig""""""" (??)

losing RBN is a tragedy, losing PC is a tragedy, them using the "lack of interest" in this trainwreck of a crowdfund as justification for dismissing these ideas in the future is a tragedy. s'fucked up

Accomplishments:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: