FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
rip RB4 fig campaign
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iimeade  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: rip RB4 fig campaign Reply with quote

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/rock-band-4-pc

Quote:
You might know us here at Harmonix as the creators of the blockbuster rock simulation game, Rock Band, one of the biggest franchises of the last generation of consoles. Back in the Rock Band heyday, we were owned by media giant Viacom, and distributed by game publishing giant Electronic Arts. What you might not know is that a few years ago, we spun back out of Viacom and went completely independent. This past October, we released Rock Band 4 for the consolesthe first new Rock Band release in 5 years. This was a massive undertaking for us as an indie studio, but we somehow pulled it off. Were thrilled at the reception to the game so far, but were not done yetthe Rock Band 4 team is still hard at work, and theyll be spending all of 2016 expanding and updating the game!

The past eight years have been all about building a community of music and game lovers who are as passionate about Rock Band as we are. But since the very first Rock Band release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 back in November 2007, there is something we keep getting requests for, something we've never had in the series' eight year history... a version of Rock Band for PC!

We've been planning, scheduling, scoping and preparing this PC version since the day after we launched on console back in October, and we're now ready to launch this Fig campaign to ask for your help to make this happen; and also provide you an opportunity to invest and get something back in the process.

Also comes with RBN 3.0! (if it gets kickstarted)

Quote:
We're super excited that the PC version will allow us to bring user-generated content to Rock Band!

For those of you who don't recall, Rock Band Network was a set of tools that allowed you to take your own song audio, add MIDI information, and create song files playable by Rock Band 3, plus server infrastructure to upload those songs to Xbox Live and sell them in Rock Band 3. RBN required a paid membership and a detailed Peer Review process, and the infrastructure took a lot of work on our end to keep up and running... a little too much it turned out, and we had to close it down in 2014 [*sniff!*]

But with a PC version being released on Steam much of the infrastructure for adding songs to the game can be done via Steam Workshop, with no fees and less overhead. So we're updating the authoring tools and documentation to help anyone with a song in their heart (and multi-track audio recordings, and some time....) to create playable Rock Band songs.

Then, using Steam Workshop, you can submit those files to uswe'll do a quick check to make sure they play properly and include music you own, and then put them into the game via the Rock Band 4 in-game store. Steam Workshop makes sure you get your cut of the revenues when they sell.

We're super excited about re-introducing user-generated content into Rock Band in this way, and can't wait to see what you will do with these tools!

All for the low low price of 1.5 million dollars.

parzrevenge wrote:
stop trying to be pieman 2015

Last edited by iimeade on Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
jamie-the-payne  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.5 mil is quite a lil bit. The RBN really makes me enticed to back this.

It works with most of the instruments for other consoles too.
GH:23/49| GH2:57/74| GH2 DLC:22/24| GH80s:18/30| GH3:59/70| GH3 DLC:14/68| GHA:39/41
Guitar Hero OMB:107/873
GHWT:20/84| GHWT DLC:2/147| GHM:3/49| GHM DLC:0/10| GHGH:9/48| GH5:16/85| GH5 DLC:1/162| GHVH:7/47| BH:7/65| GHWoR:41/93| GHWoR DLC:1/83
Rock Band OMB:500/4300
RB:43/58| RB DLC:127/1135| RB2:37/84| ACDC:6/18| RBN:1/999| TBRB:19/44| TBRB DLC:2/29| LRB:42/45| GDRB:38/44| GDRB DLC:5/6| RB3:56/83| RB3 DLC:50/583| RBC2:0/21 RB3N:16/944| RBB:15/25| RB4:15/65| RB4 DLC:29/125
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jamiethepayne PSN Name: jamiethepayne Wii Friend Code: 4411131444531013
slashn0  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gonna go with the $150 tier, most likely. Hopefully 9999 others do at least that amount and we get RB4PC ;)

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit, I'm buying in just for RBN3.0. If the structure is as friendly as they say, maybe I'll make some songs myself.

Also it's pretty nice to not have to buy an Xbone lmao

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
Deschain  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, the return of RBN!

Now to see if online play and/or MIDI drums get any different kind of support on PC, comments section says possible update tomorrow.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
slashn0  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure MIDI drums will get in; they are on PS4 and the only reason why they aren't on Xbox One is because of Microsoft being douchebags (from what I know at least lol)

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not so much malicious intent from MS that prevents MIDI drums and the IONs from working as it is just unintended after effects of them changing how controllers are registered by the console, something with signals or whatever. The existing wireless adaptor for the XB1 just changes the 360 wireless signal to a XB1 one.

I'm sure that with enough electronics and wiring knowledge something similar could be made as a workaround for the higher end drum kits.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very excited for this. Even if the pricetag looks really scary, I hope people realize what RBN could mean for the longetivity of this game. I don't really know fully how the old RBN or this one works, but it almost seems like it open sources a portion of the game, adding songs.
But really I just want to play Rock Band on my PC.

E: apparently only a select few RBN songs would cross over to consoles, but we would still get one open platform to toy around with, even if you already have a big library of paid DLC on another platform.

Last edited by Ninmi on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will new RBN tracks be available for consoles? I'd imagine it'd be like the way PS3 got new tracks back then, but I'm hoping for a smoother way to transition songs over this time around.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
Grand-master  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so just as I FINALLY finished getting every RBN song ever released into my library, this is announced? Go figure.

Regardless, RBN coming back full-force is enough for me to back this.
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I backed this immediately. It would be nice if they could somehow do Xbox DLC cross platform credits or something, but I honestly don't care at this point. I'm just super stoked to play this finally on PC and for RBN to come back in an even more convenient and accessible form with Steam Workshop.

If you really want, you can play with your PC keyboard as well I'm sure. You don't even have to buy instruments for this version, although from the FAQ it sounds like they're trying to support basically every RB peripheral ever released one way or another. I'm excited to be able to use my MIDI drum kit again since the 360 midi adaptor doesn't work on Xbone.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely backing this as well. I'll still have the PS4 verson for my DLC catalog, can use the PC for customs/RBN, and my PS4 instruments will work on the PC game. Win!
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also in regards to the price, I actually think it's right in line with what should be expected. One of the downsides of the success of crowdfunding platforms like Kickstarter for video games in particular is that a lot of campaigns vastly underestimate how much money they actually need, or they're also receiving separate investor funding but not being up front about it (hello Shenmue 3). This has resulted in a lot of people having a very inaccurate picture of how much it actually costs to develop a game, especially for a decent size studio like Harmonix. Don't get me wrong, I love that they're independent again. There's no way this kind of niche project would be happening if they were still owned by Viacom and published by EA. But they're a small to medium sized dev house, even though they are independent and that's not cheap to run.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
gitarzann  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to the $15 million they got in September from unidentified investors? They didn't spend it adding expensive features to the game. I don't think adding the ability to taunt other players broke the bank.
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the total number of Harmonix employees, assume the salary you'd expect for each one's skillset, then add paying for healthcare costs. You then rent the building, and pay your usual taxes. Now assume (correctly) that you've banked your companies future on a band game that underperformed.

This is what people just seem to forget when they talk about game development. It's not that the taunt ability broke the bank, it's continuing to employ everyone that did. It's like McDonald's, the burgers cost a dollar, it's the guy slapping them together that your 6 bucks are paying for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: