FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Full Alt Strum/Alt Strum when required?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yen24  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Full Alt Strum/Alt Strum when required? Reply with quote

How many of you alt strum everything?

How many of you alt strum only during fast sections and quick repeating notes (like the fast chords in Run For The Hills)?

Just trying to develop the best tehnique. What is recommended?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yen24
shadow6463  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I downstrum 5 starred NoTB, but I only alt strum when necessary
check the guitar hero forums for an alt strumming guide in the technique, style, and gameplay thread

http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/shadow6463
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: shadow6463
Fernando011  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually downstrum everything except songs which have lots of repeated notes or really quick notes.
MarthAltea  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually alt-strum everything, unless it's the first note of a long HO/PO chain.
Barfo  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually downstrum everything (including RttH). Well Creep i usualyl downstrum the first fast bit and half the second bit and then if im too tired i flail the second half of that bit. But im the sort of oddball exception.
BizCasFri  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I alt-strum everything except parts with lots of different chords, such as Main Offender.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: UncleGummers
xhjbta  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I alternate strum everything. I think that is because I picked up that habit when playing my real guitars, and it just transfered over.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: