FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
12/29 DLC: Weezer, Coldplay, Justin Bieber, One Direction, More
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: 12/29 DLC: Weezer, Coldplay, Justin Bieber, One Direction, M Reply with quote

Harmonix wants you to have a New Years Eve party you wont forget with the addition of six popular tracks to kick your gathering off right. Coming to the Rock Band Music Store for Xbox One and PlayStation4 tomorrow, December 28th, the releases bring songs from Coldplay, Ellie Goulding, Justin Bieber, One Direction, Sam Hunt, and Weezer.

Coldplay returns to the Rock Band franchise with Adventure of a Lifetime which brings a disco dance-pop sound to the bands oeuvre. The platinum selling On My Mind from Ellie Goulding is the lead single from the English singers third studio album, Delirium. Canadian favorite Justin Biebers What Do You Mean? debuted at number one on the US Billboard Hot 100 upon its release in August. Drag Me Down is the Rock Band debut for British-Irish sensation One Direction and was the bands 4th number one single in the UK. Sam Hunts Leave The Night On topped the US Hot Country Songs chart and adds some down home flavor to the stew. Rounding out this weeks releases is the latest from fan favorite, Weezer, with Thank God for Girls.

Available on Xbox One and Playstation 4 on December 29th, 2015

(Most tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 4 system approximately 3 days after listed date)

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Note: As of this post, above tracks marked with are available for the Xbox One and tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 4; these tracks are not compatible with Playstation 3, Xbox 360, or Nintendo Wii.

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• Gold Teeth On A Bum by Dillinger Escape Plan ($1.99/$1.99)

• Courage by Alien Ant Farm ($1.99/$1.99)

• Hundred Wrathful Deities by Evile ($1.99)

Note: As of this post, Rock Band Network tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3, and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360. Rock Band Network tracks are currently not compatible with Rock Band 4 on Xbox One or Playstation 4.

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next time - if you don't vote, new songs will not be added!
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dig the weezer tune && the coldplay one is kinda neat despite me not being a fan of that band

disappointed that the bieber & 1d songs are so fuckin' boring though. i'm not gonna whine about them being in the game because we all knew it was bound to happen eventually (imagine dragons 01 when) but at least if it had been that baby baby baby song it would've been kinda funny

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
expertwin  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, nobody's forcing you to get Bieber and One Direction songs (well, unless you're HellAshes but even he doesn't have to pay for them).

Anyway, not interested.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
toymachine  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#ProudOfJustin
malkieriking  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

probably buying the whole week

you'll never guess what I really want here

see ya. (I'VE HAD THANK GOD FOR GIRLS ON REPEAT FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS THANK YOU AO MUH HMX)

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why isn't this packed together as Off the Charts 03 whyyyyyyyyyyyy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
well, unless you're HellAshes but even he doesn't have to pay for them.

Actually he's not getting these. Unless his prize of "All DLC Released in 2016" somehow includes this pack at the very end of 2015.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:
Why isn't this packed together as Off the Charts 03 whyyyyyyyyyyyy

Yeah, and the "2010's" variety week from before the Van Halen pack should've been Off the Charts 1.

Basically it seems like we're alternating between pop weeks (2010's singles, Off the Charts 1/2, this week), and other weeks (Van Halen, U2, Brutal Mode singles).

I certainly don't mind the pop tracks, and I'll buy them and have fun with them, but it's not much I'm getting really excited about.

I'm looking forward to hopefully some packs or more singles from on-disc bands.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
Hey, nobody's forcing you to get Bieber and One Direction songs (well, unless you're HellAshes but even he doesn't have to pay for them).

Anyway, not interested.

Nope, this is 2015 DLC.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Midnight-Rider  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rockbandaide.com/21642/social-media-reactions-to-1229-dlc-announcement/

lel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not mad at Rock Band for this week's DLC. It's good to have variety, and people have every right to simply not purchase these songs. That being said, I'm still a little disappointed lol. I guess it works if you're having a New Year's Eve party?
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get all the anger. Is this the first time in history there's been a week of DLC you didn't like? Was there some guarantee that Harmonix would always release DLC that was to your liking? Jesus, get over it and wait until next week...though I know that's a really long time.

I'm sure the fans of Bieber and Coldplay (of which there are a lot) probably felt the same about the metal songs released with brutal mode a few weeks ago and the awesome Van Halen pack we got earlier. There's something for everyone but you can't have everything every week.

I'm not a fan of Bieber or Coldplay, but Weezer though not one of my favorite artists outside of RB has always had fun charts, so I'll definitely pick up at least that one.
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, Harmonix has stated before that some artists can't be sold together in a pack, because the label or artist or someone in the chain won't want to be packaged with another one and it's extra work.

So that's why it's possible to have a lot of songs come out and not be bundled. It's actual extra legal clearance and Harmonix can't arbitrarily bundle artists together.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wow.
Well, Ive been with Rockband since the developers forged Guitar Hero, and championed them around to everyone when Rockband debuted. I host events in NYC promoting their product in bars and such because I believe it is a great product to bring people together.
Ever since RB4 came out, all my exported has content has yet to be supported as well as my ION kit, despite promises for 100% backwards compatibility for DLC, has rendered me unable to host such events since I sold my 360 to purchase the Xbox one just for this product.

Whether or not I like Justin Beiber, which i dont for clarification, turning this into Popband rather than staying with Rockband or even better, working on fulfilling their initial promises to the community before branching out is a real let down.

But not that I see this response, basically calling us whiners and to STFU well tell customers how were going to pilot this ship, I dont care if you buy our DLC well ok then. Im done.
Compatibility or not, hundreds of dollars spent on DLC or not, Ill just go get a 360 and play RB3 in my home with my current content. Im not going to spend another dollar, im not going to host another party, at a venue or at my home. Any and all my friends will pull the plug as well.
Its one thing to be subpar on the quality of your DLC, Its another thing to not fulfill your promised selling points of 100% pre-purchased DLC content available out the gate but now you publicly mock and deride your fanbase?
Fuck off.
Were not R. Kelleys fanbase where you can piss on me and my friends and attendees and expect us to applaud. I know this is for naught. That you wont give a damn about me and definitely a dozen other people, but possibly another 150-200 customers walking out, but I felt I had to vent and let you know that youre acting liking a fuckknuckle in response to your lackluster DLC.

I bet we wouldnt balk as much if the product actually worked as promised to begin with. Some of us were rooting for RBs return. Ill just go back to Rocksmith, where I was playing a real guitar and still having fun and can eventually play it without the game. I cant waste my time on a proprietary plastic instrument that you might eventually forget to support in the future.
Thanks for the slap in the face.

Love,

Your loyal fanbase

I'm legit laughing at this comment. I can't help it. He has legitimate concerns (Legacy DLC issues, IONs on Xbone issues), but the fact a fan website pokes fun at people getting butthurt over optional songs that they don't have to buy is his last straw and will force him to never play RB4 again among having fun in other ways? That's just precious.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
I don't get all the anger. Is this the first time in history there's been a week of DLC you didn't like? Was there some guarantee that Harmonix would always release DLC that was to your liking? Jesus, get over it and wait until next week...though I know that's a really long time.

I'm sure the fans of Bieber and Coldplay (of which there are a lot) probably felt the same about the metal songs released with brutal mode a few weeks ago and the awesome Van Halen pack we got earlier. There's something for everyone but you can't have everything every week.

I'm not a fan of Bieber or Coldplay, but Weezer though not one of my favorite artists outside of RB has always had fun charts, so I'll definitely pick up at least that one.

Well quite simply, there's a contingent that has hating Bieber as tantamount to a lifestyle choice. The same way hating disco was a thing, hating Bieber is a thing. So, in a way they aren't simply being petulant but performing part of their identity whenever they go out of their way to hate on the kid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: