FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Free Bird Expert Drums help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mninp  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: Free Bird Expert Drums help Reply with quote

This song is so frustrating. I don't mind not being able to pass a song, but when the song is 9 minutes, and you fail over 8 minutes into the song, it's terrible. Not to mention the song is easy as hell up until that point. I fail the song with 5 stars every time.

Anyway, that roll section gets me. I start off fine with the red pads, but somewhere along the line my foot (for whatever reason) starts missing the bass pedals, then when I try to correct that my hands get off rhythm. I save overdrive up until it starts to add the green, blue and yellow pads into the rolls, then I use it. I ignore the other pads and just focus on the reds and the bass pedal. It saves me right up until about 15 seconds left of the solo and then my meter shoots down and I end up failing about 10 notes short from the end of the roll.

Any tips for this? I know the beat, I know the pattern, but my foot loses rhythm which causes my hands to follow suit. I feel like my foot is doing the same rhythm that whole time, but it stops counting the bass pedal hits.
Brandon007  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Free Bird the hardest song on-disc? Have you even seen for Miles yet?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: johnlennon007 PSN Name: mrjohnlennon007
Midnight-Rider  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon007 wrote:
Is Free Bird the hardest song on-disc? Have you even seen Beast and the Harlot yet?

Fixed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight-Rider wrote:
Brandon007 wrote:
Is Free Bird the hardest song on-disc? Have you even seen Beast and the Harlot yet?

Fixed

Hardest song to FC maybe but Llama is probably the hardest on-disc song
vipergtsr7588  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Free Bird Expert Drums help Reply with quote

mninp wrote:
This song is so frustrating. I don't mind not being able to pass a song, but when the song is 9 minutes, and you fail over 8 minutes into the song, it's terrible. Not to mention the song is easy as hell up until that point. I fail the song with 5 stars every time.

Anyway, that roll section gets me. I start off fine with the red pads, but somewhere along the line my foot (for whatever reason) starts missing the bass pedals, then when I try to correct that my hands get off rhythm. I save overdrive up until it starts to add the green, blue and yellow pads into the rolls, then I use it. I ignore the other pads and just focus on the reds and the bass pedal. It saves me right up until about 15 seconds left of the solo and then my meter shoots down and I end up failing about 10 notes short from the end of the roll.

Any tips for this? I know the beat, I know the pattern, but my foot loses rhythm which causes my hands to follow suit. I feel like my foot is doing the same rhythm that whole time, but it stops counting the bass pedal hits.

Unfortunately there isn't much we can tell you other than practice. It sounds like you can almost get it already so it shouldn't take too much practice.

You could try playing a straight red roll and ignore blue, yellow, and green. Or play only every other B, Y, or G.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TsH1rTw1tHr1fLe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: