FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Can someone help with these drums?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gitarzann  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Can someone help with these drums? Reply with quote

I managed to get my drums back online after the firmware update but calibration is not working. Can anyone tell me whether or not the light on the screen where your user name is should light up as soon as you hit the drum? When I hit the pad, there is a delay before the light goes on.
elx  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Can someone help with these drums? Reply with quote

gitarzann wrote:
I managed to get my drums back online after the firmware update but calibration is not working. Can anyone tell me whether or not the light on the screen where your user name is should light up as soon as you hit the drum? When I hit the pad, there is a delay before the light goes on.

I can't check in game atm, but some delay sounds logical. The game is responding to an external output, so whatever the amount of visual lag is in the system, the hit flashing that late on screen would make sense. With audio instead of video, this is the same reason some people are having issues with the vocal input lag. Calibration can move the hitbox around to work with the amount of delay you have, but it can't do anything about the real time inputs being processed/sent through. I'm assuming you mean a somewhat short delay, not a half second or anything that large.
gitarzann  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Can someone help with these drums? Reply with quote

elx wrote:
gitarzann wrote:

I can't check in game atm, but some delay sounds logical. The game is responding to an external output, so whatever the amount of visual lag is in the system, the hit flashing that late on screen would make sense. With audio instead of video, this is the same reason some people are having issues with the vocal input lag. Calibration can move the hitbox around to work with the amount of delay you have, but it can't do anything about the real time inputs being processed/sent through. I'm assuming you mean a somewhat short delay, not a half second or anything that large.

Thanks for the reply. I hacked up the wireless drum kit and added cables so I can plug this brain into my Roland mesh pads. I put the shitty RB cymbals on my TD11 rack because I can't confirm anywhere whether it's true that the RB cymbals have chips in them and others won't work with this brain. I didn't want to mess with that.

The problem persists. I don't know in number how much time there is but when I hit the drum pad with the stick, it hits, the stick comes off the pad and only after the stick is back off the pad and in a resting position, the light on the screen blinks. I am guessing it's about a quarter of a second between the time I hit a pad and the light registers. This is exactly the same situation as before I hacked up the stock kit.

Every single calibration attempt I have made, no matter what numbers are chosen or tweaked by me, the gems travel completely past the hit line still line one piece. The delay is just brutal.

The first note of every single song I play has a quarter second delay before I hear it register. This game is not ready for prime time.
gitarzann  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MPA works like a charm on PS4 so I'll be sticking with that for a while.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: