FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB4 Kick Drum Firmware Update
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kryptonitejesus  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: RB4 Kick Drum Firmware Update Reply with quote

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rockband/comments/3nxqpg/theory_about_rock_band_4_drum_problems/cvstyne

Just figured I'd spread the good word. Let's hope in the near future means tonight or tomorrow ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://madcatz.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/608/209/rock-band-4-wireless-controllers-firmware-updates

Fix is up looks like, I'm out of town all weekend so can't test myself.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I've been hearing good things about the firmware update. At least on the XB1, the few people I've talked to have been having significantly fewer kick pedal issues.
elx  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't do much drumming, but this firmware definitely improved things by far.
duck  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now I have to go out and buy a double usb cord to fix a problem I never should have had?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: I Duckzorz I
raynebc  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they'll RMA it if you refuse to update the firmware yourself, but I bet they'd charge you shipping and that would cost more than a USB cable.
duck  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
Maybe they'll RMA it if you refuse to update the firmware yourself, but I bet they'd charge you shipping and that would cost more than a USB cable.

Sorry, rma?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: I Duckzorz I
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duck wrote:
raynebc wrote:

Sorry, rma?

The thing where you return it to them for a replacement product. Used to happen all the time in the early RB1 days, also with drum related stuff.

He's right though, trying to get a replacement would probably be more effort than it's worth compared to getting a single cable.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duck wrote:
raynebc wrote:

Sorry, rma?

Return Merchandise Authorization. In other words, they may allow you to send it back to them for replacement (maybe), but you will have to pay the shipping to send it in and that will cost more than a cable.
duck  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
duck wrote:
raynebc wrote:

Sorry, rma?

The thing where you return it to them for a replacement product. Used to happen all the time in the early RB1 days, also with drum related stuff.

He's right though, trying to get a replacement would probably be more effort than it's worth compared to getting a single cable.

I remember that. Very stupid. Guess I buy the cord or just learn to deal with it.
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a long cord and not only will you be able to update the drum's firmware, you'll be able to use the Xbox One's controller without batteries and use it on Windows 10 for games.

edit: and also update the One Controller's firmware, which i'm sure requires a cord.
duck  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused. Neither the drums nor the controller have usb slots?
raynebc  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any RB4 controllers myself, but Madcatz says Xbone ones have USB:
http://madcatz.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/608/0/rock-band-4-wireless-controllers-firmware-updates
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duck wrote:
I'm confused. Neither the drums nor the controller have usb slots?

Inside the battery compartment for the drums. On the back of the regular Bone controller. they're micro-usb.
duck  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: