FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How do these trill lanes and strum lanes work exactly?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:40 am    Post subject: How do these trill lanes and strum lanes work exactly? Reply with quote

I can't seem to figure out how to reliably hit them. I didn't play RB3 a lot, so I am not very used to them. It seems like it's pretty random whether I hit them or not.

Parama  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations, you understand trill lanes as well as I do

the one strum lane in RB3 (crazy train) I found you could understrum pretty significantly (16ths instead of 24ths and i hit it every time) so i really hvae no clue.

trill lanes are just broken as heck though, i find myself strumming through them a lot of the time 'cause it apparently works okay to do so???

i hear the lanes are "better" in RB4 than RB3 but i don't know how much that really means.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In RB3 the best way to do strum lanes was to start and stop a bit early. For instance, the four note lanes in Killing in the Name can be consistently hit as gallops. I haven't had the chance to play RB4 yet (well, except two songs at PAX) so I can't say if this holds true still, but it's worth a shot.

As for trill lanes, strumming the first note after tends to help, as does playing faster than the lane is charted as.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
In RB3 the best way to do strum lanes was to start and stop a bit early. For instance, the four note lanes in Killing in the Name can be consistently hit as gallops. I haven't had the chance to play RB4 yet (well, except two songs at PAX) so I can't say if this holds true still, but it's worth a shot.

This certainly worked for me in Spiders and Dead Black in RB4. There are some really tricky transitions in between where you are required to hit a single HO of the same color as the next strum lane.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After SRFCing Spiders and FCing Dead Black second try after a non-lane miss I can confirm, strum lanes are super easy now. (I also was able to hit the RY lane into G hopo back into RY lane in Voodoo Child easily.)

Trills still seem a bit tricky, but they're also way better. Just strum the note that comes after a trill and that should help a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
After SRFCing Spiders and FCing Dead Black second try after a non-lane miss I can confirm, strum lanes are super easy now. (I also was able to hit the RY lane into G hopo back into RY lane in Voodoo Child easily.)

Trills still seem a bit tricky, but they're also way better. Just strum the note that comes after a trill and that should help a lot.

I am able to hit trill lanes pretty consistently by just playing them as if they are purple notes on GH:WT. I still cannot get even sort of consistent at hitting strum lanes though.

inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So from what I can tell, RB4's lanes still have the same issues with transitions in and out of them. That said, with strum lanes all you ever needed to for that issue was to avoid strumming near the transition, aka starting a bit late and ending a bit early.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically if there are a series of 4 note strum lanes that switch frets, I should only strum 3 times in the first one, then only two times in the rest of them? Don't strum the first note if it's a hammeron, and don't strum the last note.

inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, if it's sets of four like in Killing in the Name for example, you can hit them as gallops consistently.

Another tip is to actually play faster than what's charted in longer lanes like the ones in Spiders and Dead Black.

Don't think of what you're seeing as what you have to play, more or less.

EDIT: It's a tempo thing as well, the same sort of strumming won't work on similar note count lanes that are overall slower. Once you figure out how they work you can usually kinda wing it though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Literally each lane is different, you just need to get a feel of how to combo in/out of each one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: