FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 4 On Disc Vocal Paths (Old Thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
cdrock7 wrote:
Quote:
Panama 2/BOD, 2/sk1, 2/sk4-ES. (Vicromano20)

This path is correct, but I believe it should be notated:

Panama: 2/, 2/sk1, 2/DOD-ESF
Id like to see video of this. I cant even sniff an ESF on this, it's not even close. Even with aggressive vibrato I'm only getting 70% pie max on that.

I don't have a video at the moment, but I have been successful hitting the complete ESF in practice using FSV (freestyle vocals) rather than vibrato. Seems to be more effective at filling the pie for this particular ESF.

I have only hit it "Strong" in a real run once this week. Anyone hoping to sniff the 204k scores on Panama will need to hit the entire ESF.
elcanadiano  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
cdrock7 wrote:
Quote:
Panama 2/BOD, 2/sk1, 2/sk4-ES. (Vicromano20)

This path is correct, but I believe it should be notated:

Panama: 2/, 2/sk1, 2/DOD-ESF
Id like to see video of this. I cant even sniff an ESF on this, it's not even close. Even with aggressive vibrato I'm only getting 70% pie max on that.

It's doable. I believe you can freestyle using the note, B. I'll try to make a video if I have time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: elcanadiano Wii Friend Code: 449615517562
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Fever is a Rivals challenge song this week, I was practicing the ES on the second activation, and I can confirm that it's actually a ESF. I was able to fill the whole pie using the just the latter half of the phrase in practice mode.

Credit still goes to Vicromano20, but the notation should be modified.

Fever 2/sk1, 3/sk2-ESF, 2/ (Vicromano20)

EDIT: Got a couple messages regarding this update. I hit the ESF in a live run with a somewhat bad squeeze and posted 180,6xx as my score. I can confirm it is definitely possible in live runs outside of practice.
elcanadiano  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IndestructibleSD wrote:
Since Fever is a Rivals challenge song this week, I was practicing the ES on the second activation, and I can confirm that it's actually a ESF. I was able to fill the whole pie using the just the latter half of the phrase in practice mode.

Credit still goes to Vicromano20, but the notation should be modified.

Fever 2/sk1, 3/sk2-ESF, 2/ (Vicromano20)

EDIT: Got a couple messages regarding this update. I hit the ESF in a live run with a somewhat bad squeeze and posted 180,6xx as my score. I can confirm it is definitely possible in live runs outside of practice.

Can confirm but very difficult ESF, maybe star it?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: elcanadiano Wii Friend Code: 449615517562
elcanadiano  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open proposal - I would like to re-notate Suspicious Minds as the following:

Suspicious Minds: 4/sk2, 2/sk2-sk1-ESF, 2/sk6-sk1-ESF (Vicromano20)

The path is the same as 4/sk2, 2/sk3-ESF, 2/sk7-ESF, but the reason why I would like to notate the path as above is because it is more descriptive. 2/sk3-ESF is not incorrect, but it fails to describe that you have to activate the third window within a phrase to get the ESF. That is,

(skip an activation, phrase starts)
- "Well don't you know I'm"
(skip)
- "I'm caught in a trap"
(activate)
- "I can't walk out"

For me personally, when I see 2/sk3-ESF, when I get to the "Well don't you know I'm" subphrase, I think to myself, "I've only skipped two so far", then I sing it, then I realize, "oh shit, the activation window was in this phrase." Moreover, we see have seen DOD-sk#-ESF notated, so in my opinion, I think it's therefore a good idea to have a sk2-sk1-ESF.

Thoughts?
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elcanadiano wrote:

The path is the same as 4/sk2, 2/sk3-ESF, 2/sk7-ESF, but the reason why I would like to notate the path as above is because it is more descriptive. 2/sk3-ESF is not incorrect, but it fails to describe that you have to activate the third window within a phrase to get the ESF. That is,

(skip)
- "I'm caught in a trap"
(activate)
- "I can't walk out"

For me personally, when I see 2/sk3-ESF, when I get to the "Well don't you know I'm" subphrase, I think to myself, "I've only skipped two so far", then I sing it, then I realize, "oh shit, the activation window was in this phrase." Moreover, we see have seen DOD-sk#-ESF notated, so in my opinion, I think it's therefore a good idea to have a sk2-sk1-ESF.

Thoughts?
I believe the way we were originally going to notate that was "ES2" to indicate there was an additional phrase section to skip, so that would make it 4/sk2, 2/sk2-ES2F, 2/sk6-sk1-ESF
I'm surprised you can get the entire pie on just 1/3 of the phrase there.
Billtvshow  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can get down with that notation. Now to combine with what I mentioned in the other thread.
Let's say a situation exists where you fill up half the OD meter, then you skip an activation window, sing that phrase, then sing the very next phrase, and then the phrase after that contains 2 activation windows where you ESF the last one.

2/sk1-1p-ES2F

#AdvancedPathingNotation
Reminds me of writing chemical formulas in high school.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
elcanadiano wrote:

(skip)
- "I'm caught in a trap"
(activate)
- "I can't walk out"

Thoughts?
I believe the way we were originally going to notate that was "ES2" to indicate there was an additional phrase section to skip, so that would make it 4/sk2, 2/sk2-ES2F, 2/sk6-sk1-ESF
I'm surprised you can get the entire pie on just 1/3 of the phrase there.

Freestyle Vocals is your friend. Sing a "G". So then can we go with a 2/sk2-ES2F then?
IvoryDoll  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the extra note 2/sk2-ES2F because yes that is confusing when you are in midst of singing and don't realize there are 2 phrases to skip in the ESF.

I also stared adding a SO notation at the end of the phrases where you need to vibrato out for extra points. Just something additional I know that a lot of people know about but isn't notated on the paths. I've found it helpful to know which phrases can garner additional points with Squeezing Out Vibrato.
I am a Xbox GamerchiX, basically an average all American girl with a gun and a microphone. Love to play Rock Band expert vocalist and all kinds of shooters. Send me a game invite if you would like to play - IvoryDoll
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: IvoryDoll
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billtvshow wrote:
I can get down with that notation. Now to combine with what I mentioned in the other thread.
Let's say a situation exists where you fill up half the OD meter, then you skip an activation window, sing that phrase, then sing the very next phrase, and then the phrase after that contains 2 activation windows where you ESF the last one.

2/sk1-1p-ES2F

#AdvancedPathingNotation
Reminds me of writing chemical formulas in high school.
Haha yep, sometimes I'm amazed at the little language we've created here.

elcanadiano wrote:
(About Suspicious Minds)
Freestyle Vocals is your friend. Sing a "G". So then can we go with a 2/sk2-ES2F then?
The new path notation is 4/sk2, 2/sk2-ES1F, 2/sk6-ES1F

OP Updated, with advanced squeezing notations updated into the key to match the ones used in the DLC thread.
cdrock7  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably time to update these paths:

Uptown Funk: 2/sk1-ESF, 2/ESF, 3/sk1-ESF, 4/BOD (Roman, Cdrock7) [Extremely difficult ESF]
Dream Genie 2/DOD-ESF, 3/DOD-sk2-ESF (Roman, Cdrock7) [Extremely difficult ESF]
elcanadiano  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdrock7 wrote:

Uptown Funk: 2/sk1-ESF, 2/ESF, 3/sk1-ESF, 4/BOD (Roman, Cdrock7) [Extremely difficult ESF]

Uptown Funk: 2/sk1-ESF, 2/ESF, 3/sk1-1p-ESF, 4/BOD (Roman, Cdrock7) [Extremely difficult ESF]

Personal suggestion - there's a full phrase between the skip and the window to ESF.
cdrock7  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elcanadiano wrote:
cdrock7 wrote:

Uptown Funk: 2/sk1-ESF, 2/ESF, 3/sk1-1p-ESF, 4/BOD (Roman, Cdrock7) [Extremely difficult ESF]

Personal suggestion - there's a full phrase between the skip and the window to ESF.

Right. The second activation on Dream Genie requires you to skip several windows (to the last window) during the DOD. Is there new notation for this as well?
elcanadiano  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdrock7 wrote:
elcanadiano wrote:
cdrock7 wrote:

Right. The second activation on Dream Genie requires you to skip several windows (to the last window) during the DOD. Is there new notation for this as well?

You're thinking of the other proposal (see the Suspicious Minds post), which would be like DOD-ES2F/ES3F/etc. 3/sk1-1p-ESF indicates that you "get three OD windows, skip one activation window, sing a full phrase, and the ESF comes up after that."
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passage to Bangkok: 3/DOD-ESF, 2/sk3 (Roman/dbforthree)

Changing the last activation to 2/sk3 (formerly 2/) yielded higher points on every run I tried. Yields 133k+, which I had not hit with the previous path.

EDIT: Another change

Toys In The Attic: 2/, 3/sk1-FRS, 2/sk12-ESF (Roman/dbforthree)

Last activation is an ESF. Difficult, but possible. Yields 152,000 as optimal.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: