FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Freestyle vocal mechanics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arte  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:00 am    Post subject: Freestyle vocal mechanics Reply with quote

Most of the time, the thin guide lines it provides when freestyle vocals are allowed are just representing the underlying triad. I'm sure this can get crazier; I've noticed so far Metropolis has its fair share of minor seventh chords and suspended chords, so I can confirm it doesn't have to be restricted to just basic major and minor triads, which is nice. Unfortunately passing tones between the chord tones aren't accepted as "correct" by the game, so you can't just sing a harmony a diatonic 3rd above the melody and expect the game to give you points. You'll fail if you try it

Not really what I was hoping it would be unfortunately. Since it has the chord metadata and the melody it seems like what I tried above should be possible but I guess not. As it is I'm finding it very difficult to give the game what it wants but maybe I just need some more time to get used to it.
Billtvshow  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Freestyle vocal mechanics Reply with quote

arte wrote:
So you can't just sing a harmony a diatonic 3rd above the melody and expect the game to give you points. You'll fail if you try it

That was literally the first thing I tried when I enabled freestyle vocals and your analysis is spot on. That said, I have found it fun to play around with and it can really break the monotony on some songs when playing them repeatedly. I appreciate the effort and the fact that we have them available on so much of the back catalog.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Freestyle vocal mechanics Reply with quote

Billtvshow wrote:
arte wrote:
So you can't just sing a harmony a diatonic 3rd above the melody and expect the game to give you points. You'll fail if you try it

That was literally the first thing I tried when I enabled freestyle vocals and your analysis is spot on. That said, I have found it fun to play around with and it can really break the monotony on some songs when playing them repeatedly. I appreciate the effort and the fact that we have them available on so much of the back catalog.

Yeah, I think the fact that they added in all the metadata to support this is really cool. It's my hope that they expand on it more to add in the functionality I've described here, since it seems like all the pieces are definitely there.
avree  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how they got all the metadata in, yet neglected to put in information on scales and such.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: